• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Slavia Prague VS Arsenal FC | Wed, Nov7th, 7.45pm | ERS

Nutsy

Established Member
Back to the Champions League and we're up against a side whom we thrashed 7-0 back at the Emirates. After a heart dramatics weekend against a foe whom we all despise, the lads travelling to Prague to secure the qualification to the Champions League Knock-out stages.. So its...

fuefaclarsenm6491211kw1.png

Brief Report on Previous game - Arsenal FC VS Manchester United

What a game that was. Once again, Arsenal are capable to give us the game that is so passionate, so close enough to reduce the fans to their weakest point in their heart beats.

The unlikely hero was William Gallas when he scored a dramatic late equaliser to secure Arsenal a point from their heart stopping 2-2 draw with Manchester United.

Arsenal however, maintained a strong start until Wayne Rooney broke the deadlock, just before the First half ends, where Wes Brown beaten Hleb off the ball before he slipped it in C.Ronaldo down the right.

The cross met by Rooney at the near post, and his shot deflected up off Gallas and past Almunia into the net.

Arsenal clearly pumped up when the second half commenced and their immediate response as they set the equaliser after just 3 minutes. Fabregas scored his 11th goal of the season from 12 yards.

After Fabregas' equaliser, Arsenal looked set to maintain their unbeaten start to the season, but C.Ronaldo restored United's lead.

Frustrations grew, but Arsenal did not give in, and fight till the end. The unbeaten side remains when Gallas struck in stoppage time. A last minute gasp with Arsenal now famously known as Kings of last minute goals.

Arsenal still on top, still tied to Manchester United to the battle for 2007/2008 Premiership title.

njg2qu0.png

So we're up against Slavia Prague. After that 7-0 thrashing, I hope now, the team wouldn't be in total confidence where, we tend to over play without no end product. This game should be treated as much as it is to every other game. Securing to the Champions League KO stages with just one point left.

Slavia maybe poor on their away form against us, but this time they have home advantage. We have to push through on all of our games. We have to show who we are, in Europe, In the domestic league and cups, in short everywhere. The makings of a true champions is still within our grasp thus a win and unbeaten start should maintain where it is.

clsne2.png

After Arsène's latest statement where Almunia stays on goal, looks like Almunia will start this CLs game. Expecting to see the hero, Gallas, Toure, Clichy and Sagna in defense. Should provide us a solid defense back line - can be seen from their recent performances.

I'm more concern on the upfront more than anything else to be honest. Are we going to see Eduardo to start or will it be Ade alone upfront again? I'm skeptical on the fact Ade starts alone nowadays. He needs a consistent partner who can deliver while he makes a living hell for the opposing defenders. I'm really hoping to see Eduardo to start - the man desperately needs game time.

So, we should be able to win this game. Wouldn't predict a final scoreline. But a win for me.

Asterix

Established Member
Lovely thread again guys. I'd expect a 1-0 or 2-1 win. We've got a bit of a break before Monday's game against Reading so I'd expect almost the same side to play. I think Wenger would like to wrap up qualification then give a few fringe players some time in the last two games - Eduardo, Wlacott, Bendtner, Diarra and Gilberto could be candidates for those games.

But for this one I expect the 4-5-1 again. Hopefully Adebayor can nick a goal to get some confidence back, but I'm not going to bet on it.

banduan

Established Member
Play our first team and thrash these blokes. Then we can play kids for the rest of our CL group matches.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Some will probably advocate resting guys like Cesc and Hleb here, but I disagree. The fixture list looks like this

11/7 @ Prague 7 Nov
11/12 @ Reading 12 Nov
11/24 Wigan 24 Nov
11/27 @ Sevilla 27 Nov
12/1 @ Villa 1 Dec
12/5 @ Newcastle 5 Dec
12/9 @ Boro 9 Dec
12/12 Bucharest 12 Dec
12/16 Chelsea 16 Dec
12/19 Carling Cup 19 Dec

If we beat Prague, we're on 12 points and it's done and dusted. Then we play Reading and then a break. We can play a full strength squad against Wigan, then rest a handful of players against Sevilla in preparation of 3 league matches in 9 days, all away and all tricky fixtures. It will also allow us to rest players at home against Bucharest before the key match with Chelsea

Manny
Sagna - Toure - Gallas - Clichy
Walcott - Cesc - Gilberto - Hleb
Adebayor - Eduardo

Mod edit of dates for those not familiar with the North American date system! :)

Rocafella

Established Member
I'm predicting a 2-0 or a 2-1 win. Won't be easy going to there place even after what happened last time at the emirates. Another early goal and it's done and dusted.

Zico

Established Member
On December 12th, It would be nice to play Bucharest with a second team so that our first 11 is healthy and rested for Chelski four days later. Chelski, themselves, will probably have earned that luxury. Therefore, we must win this game.

I would make a few changes from Saturday. We need to stop respecting our opponents even when they don't show attacking intent. I would play Eduardo and Ade up front to show intent; with Hleb, Fabregas, Gilberto and Walcott in the middle. Rosicky is still not playing at first team level while Eboue is not enough of an attacking threat. Flamini has not imposed himself on last two games, and we should take advantage of our depth at central midfield. The back four remain.

MDGoonah. Thanks for the fixture list. It makes this discussion a lot easier. Nadz, thanks for thread

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I would play:

------------------Almunia---------------

Eboue----Toure--Gallas-----Clichy

Walcott---Gilberto--Cesc-----Rosicky

----------Adebayor----Eduardo

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Eduardo wants Slavia chance
Eduardo da Silva said:
"The match in London was just incredible,"

"Arsenal provided a hurricane of goals, so much so that 7-0 left us short."

"It was the best match from an attacking point of view I have ever seen, so I really want to be in the starting line-up this time to profit from the number of chances I think we will create."

"Another victory will nearly secure first place in the group."

"Slavia will want revenge and we must play intelligently and avoid the kicks because I believe that the Czechs will be furious about what happened to them at the Emirates."

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think we should play counter attack and thrash them again. i think we would do well to get above 4 goals.

i would play ade with eduardo and walcott on the wings with rosicky on the other. hleb deserves a rest along with cesc

Asterix

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
i think we should play counter attack and thrash them again. i think we would do well to get above 4 goals.

i would play ade with eduardo and walcott on the wings with rosicky on the other. hleb deserves a rest along with cesc

And who would you play in goal? :wink: :D

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
wenger would play almunia, i would play fabianski. haha...you know..

qs

Established Member
------------------Whoever---------------

Sagna----Touré--Gallas-----Clichy

Eboue-----Bert-----Rosicky---Hleb

----------Adebayor----Eduardo

I'd like to see something like that. Once we're up a couple of goals take Hleb off and play Theo.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
I would start niklas and eduardo...

Was very impressed with niklas' teamplay the other day and he played very direct, holding up the ball, bringing others into the game

He seems much more equipped to work with eduardoright now more than ade, who I feel needs a rest

This is a very tricky match, a win and were through...Just hope our boys dont rest on their laurels and put in a job like in bucharest, come back to london then we can focus on the league matches

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Me too.

Keep the first team back four and go with the Carling Cup midfield and strike force, except with Rosicky in place of Diaby.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
But cesc will play every CL game we have, wenger wants to to win the award as best midfielder at the end of the CL campaign

tam1886

Established Member
banduan said:
Play our first team and thrash these blokes. Then we can play kids for the rest of our CL group matches.
That's what i'm thinking too. I think Wenger would be the same.

Almost the same team as against United, only with Eduardo in for Eboue, and Hleb back over the the right.

----------------Almunia

Sagna----Toure----Gallas----Clichy

Hleb--FABregas--Flamini--Rosicky

----------Adebayor--Eduardo

I'd be tempted to bring in a few fringe players like Bendtner, but I don't really see the point in this game. We don't need to worry about freshness here. We have had a decent rest from the weekend, and we don't play again until next Monday night, so there is another decent rest. After that the players go away for international duty and then its about two weeks between the Reading and Wigan games. Neither club are doing great just now, so we should be fine by the time they come along.

Full strength team, batter Slavia senseless and go for eight goals this time. Then we have two games to spare to let Gilberto stake his claim, and Bendtner and a few other to have some good experience in Europe.

tam1886

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
11/7 @ Prague 7 Nov
11/12 @ Reading 12 Nov
11/24 Wigan 24 Nov
11/27 @ Sevilla 27 Nov
12/1 @ Villa 1 Dec
12/5 @ Newcastle 5 Dec
12/9 @ Boro 9 Dec
12/12 Bucharest 12 Dec
12/16 Chelsea 16 Dec
12/19 Carling Cup 19 Dec
That list looks harsh, but the way you broke it down shows that it isn't as bad as it first seems.

The three league games (1st, 5th and 9th) will be the toughest period, with Chelsea also being a hard game. Sevilla will be a chance for Wenger to rotate a bit and rest some key players as long as we get the result in Prague. Likewise with Bucharest, after the tough run of games and between the Chelsea game, giving our players a good enough rest coming off the back of hopefully three away wins and going into another big game. As long as Wenger isn't stubborn over his team selection and rests players when he is able to, December will be that bit easier knowing that we can keep a bit of freshness in the legs of the key players. If he tries to play the likes of FABregas, Hleb or Adebayor in every game, we will drop points for sure.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AW can try rotation with the starting lineup, since the team can carry seven substitutes. The regular back five should not altered, but i'd still like to see Sagna to have a short break.

---------------Almunia
Diarra--Toure--Gallas--Clichy
Walcott--Denilson--Gilberto--Rosicky
-------------Bendtner--Eduardo

Sub: Lehmann, Hoyte, Traore, Eboue, Cesc, Hleb, Adebayor

tam1886

Established Member
tactica442 said:
AW can try rotation with the starting lineup, since the team can carry seven substitutes. The regular back five should not altered, but i'd still like to see Sagna to have a short break.

---------------Almunia
Diarra--Touré--Gallas--Clichy
Walcott--Denilson--Gilberto--Rosicky
-------------Bendtner--Eduardo

Sub: Lehmann, Hoyte, Traore, Eboue, Cesc, Hleb, Adebayor
I was thinking along the same lines, but then came to the conclusion that if we risked it, we might not get the win. We probably could and should be able to beat them with that team , but there are no guarantees. Therefore I decided i'd rather have a full strength team really go for it and secure the win, to make sure we have the other two games where we can rotate then and keep players fresh.

The end of November/Decmber will be the time to rotate as we have more games then. Right now we can still afford to play the first team as there is a decent amount of time between the games, which isn't the case in December. That's why we should make sure of qualification just now so that we aren't still hunting or worrying about it later when the harder and more crucial matches come around.

Top Bottom