Software Update Schedule

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by redwhiteAustrian, Mar 16, 2015.

1. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Working fine for me.

2. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I can't "like" certain comments, usually the top one or two on a page. Floating over "like" doesn't turn it into a hyperlink. Not sure if it is just me and poss. could be a browser specific issue.

3. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Sounds more like a browser specific issue. I clicked on a bunch of different pages and they all come back as clickable links for me.

4. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Since you've made the style responsive (because it was not last week) I see the screen flickers up and down on smartphones until a proper post is loaded.

5. Iceman10

@USArsenal , thanks, I'm running Chrome but suspect it is due to other software (an add-on or internet security) I'm running in tandem with it. Can't even click reply (or like) for your comment although reply is clickable for albakos' comment below yours. Strange stuff, will get to the bottom of it eventually.

6. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Can't seem to sort out my narrow layout issues. Probably not going to bother posting until I do.

7. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Is the site as slow as Giroud carrying a piano for anyone else today? Also, I've been having to type in my email address and password to log in since the changeover... Does anyone else have to do that? I've suffered for too long.

8. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

9. albakos

Is that because you want to talk about wags ?

:D

Iceman10 and Furious like this.
  10. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Nah, more into books and opera, mate. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, just think we'd be better off with an off-topic section instead of "The Dump", "Football games, videos, etc" and "Personal articles". Rarely see any activity there.

Maybe there is a particularly reason for not having an off topic forum?

albakos likes this.
  11. Iceman10

Is the lobby / main forum separation going to be restored in due course? Not being snobbish or anything like that (some of those who were in the lobby who can currently post in the main forum are good contributors) but predictable problems have surfaced over the last few days with it becoming a free for all for trolls to come in from nowhere and hijack threads, particularly in the transfer rumours section. It is becoming a turn-off tbh.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    albakos likes this.
  12. albakos

I second that. Did not have enough time to post, but I see trolls are in force and many quality threads are quickly deteriorating to pure rubbish and chit-chat.

Iceman10 likes this.
  13. Maxim

Maxim Well-Known Member

I take both your points but disagree.

I've been a member since 2009 and reading the forum long before that but never been considered for promotion, partly because I couldn't post enough but then again it is quite difficult to have any sort of meaningful exchange in the lobby.

So for me the separation was great news and I'll definitely become more active.

I suspect there will be many other members like me which will enable the forum to grow.

Obviously the trolls are a problem though, could we give moderator privileges to more members to control this?

Jury, salvat, Iceman10 and 1 other person like this.
  14. albakos

^^ Thanks for reply. I highlighted the problem of trolls, but as you may see, I did not remove the part form quote, when useful contributions from lobby members were mentioned.

I do think the usergroup permissions system worked well and it looks like they were not transferred during Xenforo migration.
    I respect the moderators who do an incredible job here in trying to keep the conversations normal, however the more people are allowed to post in good threads, the more difficult it becomes to control the topics.

Maxim and Iceman10 like this.
  15. GabeGooner

GabeGooner Well-Known Member

As a new user, the moderation here is really annoying (hiding new posts, etc). Sometimes people reply after you've made a post and they don't see it because it's hidden; then you've wasted your time as the discussion has passed by the time someone gets around to validating your post.

I don't see the need for it. It's like trying to have a conversation with a deaf person at a rave. Surely it's best to just ban those who abuse the board rather than restrict those who genuinely want to contribute so the few who do abuse the board can't do so.

Iceman10, salvat and albakos like this.
  16. Jury

Maxim likes this.
  17. Jury

Not sure I get this analogy lol

18. GabeGooner

Because no-one can see what you're saying in those threads. And you can only talk to a deaf person with your hands – which are waved all over the place during a rave.

19. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Is there a way to embed Tweets/vines?

Jury, Gervais and THunter like this.
  20. GabeGooner

Think you need to click the link button on the tweet you want to post, that will give you a code, then you just paste it into the text box here.

Iceman10 likes this.