• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Sokratis Papasthopoulos

af8a483a9b414768b67e03c24a463da6.png

Nationality: Greek
Position: Central Defender
Height: 1.86m
Dominant foot: Right
Contract Until: 2021​

Manberg

Predator
Will he be as solid as he was last season or can we expect a drop in his performance levels. Time will tell.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
His form dropped off as the season went on and towards the end he had some pretty bad showings, not to mention how horrible he has been for his national side since. I remember being slaughtered for expressing skepticism regarding this signing.

This season is make or break for him IMO, no excuses, he needs to show more consistency, quality and discipline.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He is a decent serviceable player but nothing special. Shows a good personality and decent game intelligence from time to time. Probably this season he will get better and be a leader for us.

That said we should be actively looking for a high end CB to come in next summer. Sokrates, Luiz and Holding as the senior transition CBs to bed in Saliba and a top CB should be perfect for a few seasons.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think he'll look better next to Luiz. I think they could form a fairly decent partnership. At times Koscielny-Sokratis looked real good, the Chelsea game springs to mind. I think in general he's one of those rare defenders who actually fair worse in a back 3 than they do in a pairing. Because everytime we played a back 3 he'd always seem to become the designated sweeper and at times our line became a mess because of it.

I don't think he's brilliant and who knows there's even a chance that Holding my force him out when he's back, but I think he's still fair reliable under the right circumstances.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
At times Koscielny-Sokratis looked real good, the Chelsea game springs to mind.

I'm not sure which Chelsea game you're on about but the last time we played Chelsea we conceded 4 and Kos/Sokratis were the worst players on the pitch by miles.

blaze_of_glory

He played well as he usually does. He's a very good CB overall.

I think the passing numbers though have a lot to do with how under Emery we constantly look to play out from the back and then also don't hesitate to pass back and cycle the ball through the CBs after advancing up field.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
A few of those moments when he was boxed in by the corner flag had me a bit worried :lol: thankfully we came out of them ok.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's not awful but ideally he's not starting and certainly not being relied on to be your best defender if you have any ambitions as a club. We need to be aiming higher for a starting CB at Arsenal.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’m not completely sold on him tbh.

Usually solid enough but he’s nothing special defensively. The Greek Gary Cahill. At fault for the first goal today as well.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Looks like his lucky streak continues, last season Mustafi was there to soak the blame and today Luiz managed to outshine him in ****housery department so this bozo will get away with throwing our game plan into the bin with his poor defending.

Ashybashy86

Looks like his lucky streak continues, last season Mustafi was there to soak the blame and today Luiz managed to outshine him in ****housery department so this bozo will get away with throwing our game plan into the bin with his poor defending.
If Matip hadn’t scored, I wonder if VAR would’ve given a penalty for his shirt pulling on VVD. I initially thought it was a foul on Guendouzi and the goal wouldn’t stand, then realised it was Sokratis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom