• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Our CB pairing are rejects from Dortmund and Chelsea that have seen their best years already.
Luiz only isn’t at Chelsea because he fell out with Lampard tbf.

Would be their best CB and start every week ahead of Zouma / Christensen otherwise.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Luiz only isn’t at Chelsea because he fell out with Lampard tbf.

Would be their best CB and start every week ahead of Zouma / Christensen otherwise.

Nah we need a marquee CB. We can’t keep getting these stop gaps, Luiz isn’t going to be a big improvement on whats already here.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Alexander Arnold said on Sky Sports that the ref said he would have given them a penalty if Matip hadn’t scored.

Really poor from Sokratis.

You`d think that is something the players have been told before the season. Sokratis, Luiz and Xhaka can all fall victim to VAR this season I fear.

say yes

forum master baiter
You`d think that is something the players have been told before the season. Sokratis, Luiz and Xhaka can all fall victim to VAR this season I fear.
Thankfully we only need to mark Van Dijk at corners / deal with Salah in the box once more this season.

Terrible player.

Got to wonder at this stage if Sven was helping gCity and Gazidis ruining this club by signing this loser.

Hopefully this is last season we see him as a starter.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Terrible player.

Got to wonder at this stage if Sven was helping gCity and Gazidis ruining this club by signing this loser.

Hopefully this is last season we see him as a starter.

Good player, bad game.

I mean, I wasn't happy with this signing at all back then, but wasn't he our best defender in this game? At fault for one of the goals, but also put a stop to dangerous moves in multiple occassions.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
There's no doubt Sokratis had a bad game and was at fault for Matips goal. Having said that most on here agreed he was our best defender last season. I know they were all pretty ****e but he did a good job. Now 3 games into the season and suddenly he's being called a useless player!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Great player! Our best defender.

pikey2000

Still a nailed on starter for us, don't see Holding doing anything to change that, its Sokratis/Luiz partnership this season for me, Holding could still go either way and we have no idea how Saliba will turn out.

Defo need a top class CB in the summer and then we have to hope Saliba/Holding make the step up.

Sokratis is capable enough in the mean time.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Idiot to try and win that header in midfield for the 1-0. Even my Saturday pub team CB's know they hold their position and not lunge in.

Does these things too often. Too rash maybe.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I won't back any notion of him being rubbish, because it's simply not true. Had plenty of good performances for us.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
From being one of the first names on the team sheet last season (mostly because the options were so bad) he could very well lose his place when Holding gets up to speed.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not his best game and the commentators called him mad. His determination and aggression are welcome but only when aligned with a decent decision. Is this his last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom