• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Not his best game and the commentators called him mad. His determination and aggression are welcome but only when aligned with a decent decision. Is this his last season?

Could be. I like parts of his game but he shouldn`t be a starter next season. Wouldn`t mind keeping him in the same role Keown had in his last seasons with us (quite similar players also event though Keown was superior though)

But maybe Luiz will have that role. A new signing of real quality, Holding, Saliba and Luiz could be a good group of CBs next season. Depends how well Holding develops though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Chambers should start ahead of this clown, and I don't rate Chambers all that much. He's an absolute idiot, people might be fooled by his passion and celebrating tackles but it does nothing for me when he makes so many stupid decisions.

He had no reason to go for the ball when Kane and Xhaka were going up for a header, and if you do go for it at least do it with real conviction. In the end he just helped create an opportunity which wouldn't have arisen had he just stayed in his position.

However I don't think we should forget him randomly starting a fight with Winks for absolutely no reason which ended up killing our momentum in all honesty. A player of his experience should no better, then he wouldn't even bother going to the referee which meant the restart took a lot longer than it needed to.

Preacher

Always Crying
Mustafi's brother from another mother. Mental guy. Better player than Mustafi, but afraid it isn't enough. He falls in the defenders category who first act then think. With these type of players you never know what you will get.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Appreciate the attitude but he made two supremely dumb mistakes today.

First going for that header that lead to the first goal and then near the end trying to start a fight with winks, absolutely destroyed our momentum. Feels like we had them pinned down, and after that the game felt dead, Sp**s even got some chances.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I know Kane went down a bit easily but he was really clumsy. I wouldn’t be happy we didn’t get a penalty if that was one of ours if I’m completely honest.
I don’t really like the way he plays and I don’t remember Holding being as good as our fans have convinced themselves before his injury. Another season of conceding every game is on the cards...great...

ThlRama

Player:Saka
So this doesn't look like it's working after all. Half a season is all he had in him and unfortunately his regress seems to be terminal. With his national side he used to be the best performer long ago, lately he consistently is one of the worse players on the pitch.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Chambers should start ahead of this clown, and I don't rate Chambers all that much. He's an absolute idiot, people might be fooled by his passion and celebrating tackles but it does nothing for me when he makes so many stupid decisions.

He had no reason to go for the ball when Kane and Xhaka were going up for a header, and if you do go for it at least do it with real conviction. In the end he just helped create an opportunity which wouldn't have arisen had he just stayed in his position.

However I don't think we should forget him randomly starting a fight with Winks for absolutely no reason which ended up killing our momentum in all honesty. A player of his experience should no better, then he wouldn't even bother going to the referee which meant the restart took a lot longer than it needed to.

Did you miss Winks yanking on his collar?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Praying Holding can quickly regain form, if he is even given the chance to

blaze_of_glory

I feel like I watched a different game than other people on here. Papa was good. Made a minor error ahead of the first goal, but that goal was still 95% down to Leno bottling an easy save.

Problem is we have pundits like Neville who are ex-defenders and love jumping all over the most banal mistakes at the back like they are the end of days because it’s the only thing they are able to talk about with any sense of coherence, so they bang on about them far more than actually called for.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I feel like I watched a different game than other people on here. Papa was good. Made a minor error ahead of the first goal, but that goal was still 95% down to Leno bottling an easy save.

Can't agree - he completely vacates his position and goes for an aerial duel which is already covered by a teammate which is the catalyst for the attack which ends up in the first goal. Sure Leno's "save" was weak however Sokratis makes TWO mistakes that a player of his experience just shouldn't.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Problem is we have pundits like Neville who are ex-defenders and love jumping all over the most banal mistakes at the back like they are the end of days because it’s the only thing they are able to talk about with any sense of coherence, so they bang on about them far more than actually called for.
Similar to the Xhaka/Mustafi debates.

How often can you be “good except for that mistake” before you’re just seen as bad?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Just saw the first goal.

Genuinely don’t understand him going for a header his teammate was going for? Strange.

Then he ball watches rather than keeping an eye on Erikson. Two poor plays in a row.
Exactly. Just like a good forward, a good defender should always expect a rebound. Speaking of good defending

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Papa rarely makes mistakes though.
I agree, he’s nowhere near as bad as the other two but I’m worried.

I never really buy the ‘finished footballer restarting their career at another club’ especially when it’s a tougher or similarly level league.

We’ve seen it with Matic, Sanchez and Mkhi. Decent starts at the new club before eventually reverting to type. I heard Sok was completely done at Dortmund before coming here, I hope he doesn’t revert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom