• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton v Arsenal- Fa cup 4th round- 17:30 Sat 28th 2017

The outcome?

• Win for us

• A capitulation by us

• Or energy sapping, schedule packing replay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

Southamton v Arsenal - Sat 28th Jan 17:30

I have likened Southampton to chip fat- gets everywhere and a fecker to break down, you know this game is likely to be frenetically physical from them and them going long to Long, if he is on, usually unsettles us, though He struggles for a barn door.

There is a chance they may be without Van Dijk through injury, which is a big loss for them.

Will Wenger rotate players, I think to a degree yes, but only to re-insert Bellerin in to the starting 11, then Gibbs for Monreal, Ox for Iwobi and most likely Ospina for Cech.

A nervy 2-1 to us, though they are like our nemesis, well one of our nemesis's.

Last edited:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
They are our boogey team arent they? will be a hard game but we have the quality to win this game just hope our tactical and mental aspect will be fine for this one.

say yes

forum master baiter
Full strength team please. No need to rest anyone given that this takes the place of a regular league fixture and we really need to get some positive momentum going.

Don't make me hate you Wenger, you've already bottled it against Southampton once this season.

Ewarwoowar

They are our boogey team arent they? will be a hard game but we have the quality to win this game just hope our tactical and mental aspect will be fine for this one.
They are well drilled/organized and each play for each other, a proper team who'll most likely win no trophy but still have a winning mentality, we could learn a thing or two!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Full strength team please. No need to rest anyone given that this takes the place of a regular league fixture and we really need to get some positive momentum going.

Don't make me hate you Wenger, you've already bottled it against Southampton once this season.
Can't risk both Ramsey and Coquelin for this, think Ox should get a game at CM.

Ewarwoowar

He may not need to appease periphery players whom are on long contracts, who knows? our next game is Tuesday evening with 3 games in seven days, an early kick off(which we struggle with at best of times) against Chelsea the following Saturday, a big week for sure!

say yes

forum master baiter
Can't risk both Ramsey and Coquelin for this, think Ox should get a game at CM.

We really are bare bones at CM again aren't we :lol:

I'd give Coq/Ramsey as much time to find their rhythm as possible tbh. Also think Ox would get eaten alive against a disciplined team like Southampton and the FA Cup is our only chance of a trophy this year.

Optimistic

Not that we have much choice but I think both Coq and Ramsey have enough stamina to play against Southampton, Watford and Chelsea.

My concern is that Ramsey is not known for his ability to transition defense into attack, but for providing options during the attack. I think Özil, Sanchez or Iwobi (or all three) will have to come deeper for the ball, and that's gonna seriously hamper our offensive play and make us easier to press. It's hard for us to score goals against a well rehearsed Southampton defense at the best of times.

But you never know, maybe either Ramsey or Coq will surprise me. They are, after all, two players not guaranteed a start this season. Maybe they play their socks off.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It's a tough fixture but their schedule has been hectic with replays/carling cup, and Van Dijk went off injured against Leicester. With that in mind we really should take advantage and win.

Bring in a few of our strong backups - Perez, Gibbs, Ospina, Coquelin will have to come back. Re-introduce Bellerin. Other than that play our strongest team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Shane long hattrick incoming!!

Seriously we need to beat these c**ts in their ground.

Ewarwoowar

Well maybe if we struggle to transition through midfield because of s***e options against a parked bus, let's have a front two of Giroud and Perez and bypass the ******. let's be long ball united, both those two can hold up, lay off and be double trouble in a packed opposition penalty box and hopefully they bounce off each other.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'd rather not think about this match until the day. I have enough worries in my life.

Isn't your gender famed for multitasking? Surely this trifle thing can't be much of an ask to worry about in addition to more important things, just slide it down the queue :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

One of our most recent bogey teams, but we've got energy & crooked match officials (according to our rivals) to spare which should see us in good stead. They're a good team but I suspects Puel's tactics will be somewhat subtle & lacking the rampant thuggery previously adopted by Koeman.

2-0 to the Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom