• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton v Arsenal- Fa cup 4th round- 17:30 Sat 28th 2017

The outcome?

• Win for us

• A capitulation by us

• Or energy sapping, schedule packing replay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Great team selection by Wenger. Glad he had the balls to play Maitland-Niles and Ox at CM along with Jeff. The rest of the team selection was pretty obvious. Good to see him give Holding a chance alongside Mustafi. Arsenal may not seem to be any closer to the title but their increasing squad depth is keeping them in the mix, if they hadn't added that they would be falling behind.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
A very fast line up today that produced a great team performance against a weak Southampton side. Ox (my man of the match, we haven't seen him pass like that before) Lucas, Jeff, Welbeck, Maitland- Niles and Walcott were all great.

Wryer

What made us tick today was Ox and Perez. Ox was like Cazorla possessed with his sharp passing and short dribbles to open up space.

But the problem with Ox is his consistency and mental desire. The level just dips immensely on games that has huge pressure. The drop is very marked and with game on game, it just adds to that mental batrier. Similarly he thrives only on games that has already been won, or lower quality games like these.

Bring the next level!

N

NotAUserName

Even the Invincibles season? That's amazing.
They are very close actually. We are tied with the Invincibles season in terms of win rate. However, the Invincibles lost the first leg of the League Cup semi-final (20th Jan, 2004) which makes this season better in terms of win rate even though we didn't reach that stage.

Ewarwoowar

I paid the price for procrastinating yesterday, I needed to travel down south to my second abode and missed what am assuming was some hilarity in the forum regarding the team selection(will be archiving):drool:, also missed over a quarter of the match(the latter part, cos net issues):(. What happened did Puel and wenger come to some sort of agreement to only put out the reserves.

Ox played really well, sprayed some terrific passes, neat dribbles but in all fairness in part He was allowed to by Hampton, really impressed with AMN and Reine-adelaide, their close control in tight circumstances showed real maturity. Lucas was in the zone, cool as you like displaying really intelligent football, bar the one on one:p Danny boy mostly though is no surprise, the strength to hold off players, the pace, the tracking back is immense(a usual trait) but the link up play and coolness of his goals and assist were 'transcendental' and hoping it persists. And Walcott, what a c***, He couldn't stand the Welbeck love in and had to take the sheen off the come back party by getting a hattrick:lol:
I appreciate the effort from the lads and the win, but curiosity got me thinking how they would have fared against a Hampton first team(just for kicks).

ps Who are the saddo's betting that we win, after we won:lol:

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Just watched the highlights again, Perez and Ox's passing were bonkers good the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom