• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton vs Arsenal - 1/1/2013 17:30 Sky Sports 1

leo_ense

Established Member
arsenal_logo_203x152.jpg

Southampton_FC.png

A win here would make it 5 in a row so lets start the year in style.

____________Szczesny___________
_Sagna_Koscielny_Vermaelen_Gibbs_
__________Arteta_Wilshere________
_____________Cazorla____________
__Chamberlain_Walcott_Podolski____

If Diaby is fit ( :lol: ) I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the squad. Wonder if Wenger will go with the same 11 and whether Mertesacker comes back into the team.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Re: Arsenal vs Southampton - 1/1/2013 17:30 Sky Sports 1

It's Southampton - Arsenal, not the other way around. We're playing at St Mary's.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Like you said leo_ense if diaby fit i will start him over arteta who is really poor form at the moment. southampton are doing well in last couple of games, today they drawing against stoke at stoke but maybe they will be tired cuz they they played 2 games in 4 days. and in the other our team is on form too scoring 15 goals in last 4 games it will be not easy away game but we should win it.

Chesney

Sagna Tv5 Per Gibbs

Diaby Jacky

AOC Santi Podolski

Theo

leo_ense

Established Member

jones said:
It's Southampton - Arsenal, not the other way around. We're playing at St Mary's.

My bad :D

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard

Szczesny

Sagna - Kos - Vermaelen - Gibbs

Arteta- Jack

---Santi--

Theo --Olivier-- Podolski

Since this is Ox's first visit since leaving Soton, I would put him on the bench. Too much to handle for a young boy :)

Happy this is on tele..

Invincible

Established Member
BFG walks back into that defence. Our best center back easily and it's always a clusterfuck back there when he's not playing.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I can see this being tricky enough like Wigan rather than another Reading display.

I'd give Theo another run-out at CF, see how he does.

Giroud

Established Member
Southampton have really tightened up recently and if they sit deep and keep tight I can see Podolski and Walcott struggling but there's no need to change things at the moment. Bring Giroud on if we're really in trouble.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
------------ Szczesny
Jenkinson - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Arteta -------- Ramsey -------- Cazorla
OX ---------- Walcott -------- Podolski

Not sure Mert will be ready for the game and hopefully Wilshere gets a break no need to overwork him, plus Jenkinson was awesome at the start of the season and needs to be brought back into the team
Ox-Walcott-Podolski are really clicking right now and shouldn't be changed at all

DiamondGooner

Established Member

Azeem Khaja said:
Szczesny

Sagna - Kos - Vermaelen - Gibbs

Arteta- Jack

---Santi--

Theo --Olivier-- Podolski

Since this is Ox's first visit since leaving Soton, I would put him on the bench. Too much to handle for a young boy :)

Happy this is on tele..

Ox isn't 12 years old I'm sure he can handle it.

Chamberlain is starting to come along after months of being flat so I want him starting on the RW.

If Wenger thinks Southampton will be a walk over then you could start Giroud but if were going to go for it then either bring Walcott on as a sub or just start with him score then let Giroud come on.

I don't want to see Walcott starting out wide for an inferior (in my eyes and presently factual) striker, it's just not right and will drive Theo out of the club, I'd rather start one or the other and sub accordingly.

Le Titi

There's goals in this one for both sides.

I don't see any reason to change our current front three, so I'd go with Pod / Theo / Ox up-front. The rest of the team the same, apart from Mertesacker in for Kos / Vermaelen if he recovers in time.

Southampton are in much better shape than when we played them earlier on in the season, it'll clearly be a tougher game. I expect Lambert to cause a few problems aerially, and apart from that they have a few technically gifted players in the likes of Ramirez, Puncheon and Lallana.

If we are as clinical as we were last night against wee Newcastle, then we should win this game by two or three.

evoh_1

Established Member
if he is fit i'd like to see mertesacker back and to be honest the change would be for verms, kos was on point today and thomas hasn't got out of 1st gear this season for more than 45 minutes and needs to think about what he is doing. We missed Mertesacker's stability and game reading today at the back but balance that with someone like kos on form and you have a great centreback pairing, not sure I'm as confident with TV5 in there.

mo50

Established Member
I'll be disappointed if we fail to win and dont make it 5 league wins on the trot. A few changes are going to happen, especially if we'll be taking the FA cup seriously. I could see Ramsey and Giroud starting, maybe even Gervinho but I hope thats not the case.

This game is on Tuesday and is being televised- lovely stuff. Lets hope we start the new year with a bang.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Same team that started against Newcastle with possibly the only change being Ramsey in for Arteta or Cazorla.

Vela

Established Member
Same team that beat Newcastle, make changes for the Swansea game. Finishing in the top four is much more important than the FA Cup.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Vela said:
Same team that beat Newcastle, make changes for the Swansea game. Finishing in the top four is much more important than the FA Cup.

Yeah but I want both mate.

Plus Swansea have done us a couple of times in the past two seasons, I wanna smash 'em.

-------------------Szcezsny----------------------
-----Jenkinson--Koscielny--Mertesacker--Santos--
----------Arteta---------
--------Rosicky-----Ramsey-----
-----Gervinho------Giroud----Podolski---

This team should be able to beat Southampton, plus it's a good idea to rest Wilshere, Cazorla, Vermaelen, Gibbs and Theo for the FA Cup game, which I can see Wenger really going for this season.

Gervinho is available isn't he?

GOONER1991

Established Member
Why do the players need a breather? They just had the week off, while the rest of the league had to play. They shouldn't be tired.

Same team that played yesterday please. Chamberlain, Walcott and Podolski are coming into form and Podolski in particular seems to be building an understanding with Walcott in where he will be etc. No need to mess with that now.

Top Bottom