• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Spuds C**ts vs Arsenal Match Rating

GaelForce22

Established Member
Almunia 9 - MOTM, dominated the area and saved us at the end.

Sagna 7 - No problems.
Toure 7 - Solid with a couple of shaky moments. Is getting better by the game.
Gallas 8 - Fantastic.
Clichy 7 - Hope you're OK Gael.

Eboue 6 Before he got sent off. 0 for his stupidity.
Song 7 - Very good second half after getting dominated in the first.
Denilson 5 - Worked harder than anyone else on the pitch but with nothing to show for it.
Nasri 6 - Good patches.

Van Persie 6 - Stuggled to make an impact, linked up well with Bedtner when he came on.
Adebayor 6 - Struggled like Robin, what's with the low ratings? Looked like a painful injury and hopefully he recovers soon.

Bendtner 6 - Worked very hard and was caused Sp**s' defence problems at the end.
Gibbs - N/A

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Re: Sp**s vs ARSENAL ratings

AnthonyG said:
Almunia - 9 (MoTM)

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 8
Touré - 5
Clichy - 6

*#!?@ - ...
Denilson - 4
Song - 7
Nasri - 6

Adebayor - 3
RVP - 6

Bendtner - 6
Gibbs - 5
This.

qs

Established Member
Almunia 8 MOTM flawless as a stopper, I'd have given him more if hsi distribution wasn't so poor
Sagna 7 decent considering
Gallas 8 outstanding
Touré 6 some good, some bad, suffered from Sagna playing 2 positions
Clichy 6 some good, some bad, suffered having no support and constantly having to deal with 2 Sp**s players.
Eboue just **** off
Song 6 broke up play well in the small area of the pitch he rarely leaves.
Denilson 5 good first half, bad second half.
Nasri 7 fought really hard but he needs good support cos he cant do it all on his own
Ade 6 unlucky before he went off, inches away from a couple of chances
RVP 6 never really got into it

Bendy 5 did the odd decent thing but still isn't committed enough

REF hope he dies

arsmile

Established Member
Al-9- a number of good saves, saved us proper at the end- good on crosses and with kicking

Sagna-8- good

Kolo-3- a bit of a liability- I thought dropping wil as captain meant we wouldn’t have to put a CB who wasn’t good enough in the team anymore

Galas-9- very good

Clich-8- good also, hope he’s ok

Eboue-0- had a good goal (which I predicted) chalked off (which I didn’t) then he acted like a pathetic little child and got himself sent off (which I also didn’t) if he hadn’t been sent off, we’d have seen arshavin come on and score the winner.

Denilson-4- alright in the middle, lost the ball lots, I don’t understand, when Arsène went 441, he put denilson out wide instead of subbing him

Song-7- poor first half, when we had soem of the ball, great second one, when we didn’t- ie good at beign a CB when we need one in midfield

Nasri-8- influential in the middle, wasn’t out muscled, defended and created well

Vanpersie-8- worked very very hard

Ade-5- dunno

Bendtner-7- unlucky not to score- good work all right

progman07

Established Member
Almunia - 9 saved everything, did a great job

Sagna - 7 did a good job
Gallas - 8 he was our best defender today
Toure - 6 bit of a liability
Clichy - 6 got beaten 1-2 times

eboue - 0 Wenger, grow some balls and put him out of the team permanently
Denilson - 2 What the hell was this? Gets beaten for fun, stops every counter-attack with his lack of speed, jogs around when Sp**s are attacking
Song - 7.5 did very well considering he had to do 3 men's job
Nasri - 6 disappeared quite a lot

RvP - 7 almost got 2-3 assists to his name, nice try from tight angle
Ade - 5 was he there?

Bendtner - 6 well, did nothing, but with this midfield I can understand it

otfgoon

Established Member
Almunia - 8 Solid and a great match winning save.

Sagna - 8 solid enough and did well considering he essentially had to cover the right wing by himself

Gallas - 9 Flawless performance, more of that please willy

Kolo 6 - Couple of dodgy moments but considering he also had to cover for Sagna understandable I guess

Clichy - 6 Was given a horrible time by Lennon

Eboue - Does anything really have to be said?

Song - 9 Though he was terrific defensively today and solid on the ball

Denilson - 3 Horrific performance

Nasri - 7 No one can say he doesnt work hard defensively anymore

Bendtner - 7 Had a difficult task and did ok considering I guess, could have held it up better at times.

RvP - 7 Same as above but one of two moments to nearly got us in there.

Muharraqawi

Almunia - 8.5 Brilliant, simply brilliant.
Sagna - 7 Great performance from Sagna went well forward and was solid defensively
Clichy - 6 Troubled by Lennon, looked nervous, vital and brave clearance saved us at the end.
Gallas - 8 Fantasic performance from him, covered both Toure's and Clichy's mistakes.
Touré - 6.5 Not the best of performances but was still solid.

Nasri - 6.5 Lively performance from him made some great runs and passes
Eboue - Doesn't even deserve to be rated
Denilson - 6 Decent match made some good tackles but looks clueless when trying to go past players
Song -7.5 Best performance from him so far, looked tough and stopped most Spuds attacks

RVP - 6 Not the best performance but it wasn't his fault at all, made some good passes and worked hard.
Ade - 4 Invisible

Bendy - 7 Looked really strong and made a real impact after coming on but was isolated upfront, unlucky not to have won the match for us.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Almunia 8
Sagna 7
Gallas 9
Touré 5
Clichy 6
Eboue 0
Song 5
Denilson 3
Nasri 6
Ade 3
RVP 6

Bendy 6

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
GaelForce22 said:
Why is Adebayor getting 2,3 or 4 from some people?
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, even though he went off early, he was absolute junk today. Couldn't hold the ball, didn't move (and, when he did, his hamstring wasn't up for it), he was pretty much just in the way.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Almunia 7- Brilliant save at the end.
Sagna 7- Rock solid as usual.
Toure 5- Liability at times, but generally cleared his lines well.
Gallas 8- MOM A World Class performance from him.
Clichy 5- Was beaten far too many times, although he also had very little cover.
Eboue 2- Was threatening at the start, but it was a * decision from Wenger to play him. I am still livid at him appearing from the start today.
Denilson 4- I thought he had a decent 1st half, but became rubbish in the 2nd.
Song 6- He started poorly, but became solid after the sending off.
Nasri 5- Very little impact on the game.
Adebayor 3- A waste of space today, and I was happy to see the back of him. He is going a long way to show that he is a one season wonder.
Van Persie 6- Decent, had some openings but was subdued with the lack of service.
Bendtner 7- Very good performance, linked up well, and almost grabbed the winner.

TomasCR

Established Member
Almunia 8.5 Saved us a point

Sagna 6.5 Can´t get out of my head the three crosses he shot directly to a Tottenham player in the second half, otherwise one of the betters, as always.
Gallas 7.5 Wasn´t perfect but fair enough, surely better than Toure.
Toure 5.5 Sell him in the summer. Not to be Pavlyuchenko´s debility, he would have scored because of him. Djourou shouldn´t have been dropped.
Clichy 6 Some stupid decisions but I´ve already get used to it, he was fine.

Eboue 1 Just for the two moments at the start of the game.
Song 6 Did ok, should have scored.
Denilson 5.5 Did less ok
Nasri 6 No creating from only one player you can expect it from, expected more from him.

RvP 6 Kept trying, ok.
Adebayor 3.5 I fould myself thinking "Good he is out" which says something, was horrible to be honest.

Bendtner 6.5 Ok, could have scored.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
almunia - 8 - solid, great save at the end, though it was a poor shot
sagna - 8 - a rock
gallas - 9 - MOTM - didn't put a foot wrong and so composed - didn't just win the ball, he got it to a teammate as well
Touré - 6 - harried and uncomposed and a liability in the air
clichy - 5 - not reliable
eboue - 0 - if we had a firing squad, he should be sent to it. committed the footballing version of sleeping with your wife. there's no way back for him now.
song - 8 - excellent defensively
denilson - 5 - sloppy as usual in attack and defence
nasri - 6 - some bright moments but still a defensive liability
adebayor - 3
van persie - 7 - did what he could, some excellent passing

bentdner - 7
I'd more or less agree with that. Maybe a 4 for Ade as he wasn't on for long and didn't get much service - although when he did, he certainly was bad.

Eboue's performance while he was on wasn't bad by any means but given that the end result of it is that I never want to see him play for us again, a zero is a fair mark!

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
almunia - 8
sagna - 7
gallas - 8 - MOTM
Touré - 6.5
clichy - 6.5
eboue - Before he got sent off - 7 but can't be excused for the silly red so I'd agree with all of your poor ratings
song - 7
denilson - 6
nasri - 6
adebayor - 6
van persie - 7

Bendtner - 6.5

AxlGunners

GaelForce22 said:
Why is Adebayor getting 2,3 or 4 from some people?
You'll notice on this place that when someone has a poor game their score is always ridiculously low. Especially when it's not a fan favourite too.

The only person who deserves such a low rating is Eboue. Disgrace, **** off and die.

With a little time to calm down my scores have changed slightly.

Almunia- 8
Clichy- 5
Sagna- 8
Gallas- 8
Toure- 5
Eboue- 1
Denilson- 5
Song- 6.5
Nasri- 7
RVP- 6
Adebayor- 5

Subs:
Bendtner- 7
Gibbs- N/A

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Re: Sp**s vs ARSENAL ratings

AnthonyG said:
Almunia - 9 (MoTM)

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 8
Touré - 5
Clichy - 6

*#!?@ - ...
Denilson - 4
Song - 7
Nasri - 6

Adebayor - 3
RVP - 6

Bendtner - 6
Gibbs - 5

Have to agree here. And Ade got a poor rating today for the reason he was poor. For a man that has such a leap he didnt actually win one ball in the air. Sad reflection of the player he was last season. Feel for the guy going off injured as could have come good

ricky1985

Established Member
Almunia - 8. Commanded his area well, and the save from Modric was a world class, big time, top drawer save.

Sagna - 8. Dominated his flank, and got forward with real pace and power.

Toure - 5. Aerially he is beyond a joke, some other dodgy moments, and his composure on the ball at times is school boy.

Gallas - 9. Best centre back in the league. Period.

Clichy - 6. Woeful early on, really suffering from a lack of confidence, but ot better as the game wore on. Handled so many 2-on-1 situations in the second half.

Eboue - Disgrace to the shirt.

Denilson - 5. Going forward he was juts plain awful, defensively he put himself about but his tactical naiveity, and lack of strength cause us no end of problems.

Song - 7. Some really sloppy moments, and is just so damn cumbersome and slow at times, but he is very strong, and it helped him protect the back four well. He is the lesser of two evils for the midfield spot next to Fabregas atm.

Nasri - 7. Some outrageous moments of brilliance, accelerating away from opponents. Too good for some of his team mates at the moment, that's the sad truth.

Van Persie - 7. Similar to Nasri, some of his passing was, frankly, awesome. Best forward in the league. Period.

Adebayor - 5. Hard to rate, but for the time he was on, he was crap. Same as the past 4 or 5 months.

Subs

Bendtner - 7. Fantastic at times, his tight dribbling was very good, and his passing incisive. Ade's going to struggle to get his place back if Bendtner shows this form from the start of games, whilst Ade's out.

banduan

Established Member
comments to follow just numbers for now

Aluminum 8
Sagna 7
Toure 6
Gallas 8
Clichy 7
Eboue 2
Denilson 5
Song 7
Nasri 7
Ade 5
RVP 6

Bendy 6

McIntyre

Established Member
Almunia - 8. He was only doing his job, but he saved a good few attempts on goal, including Modric's crucial chance. His hesitance on crosses could easily have been exposed but since it wasn't he gets good marks.

Sagna - 8. Worked like a f*cking Trojan througout the whole game, especially after that c*nt was sent off. I think Eboue should set up a Direct Debit to Sagna's account to pay in all the debts he owes him.

Toure - 7. This was by far Kolo's best performance this season. Apart from one slip and a bit of weakness in the air he was always in the right position clearing the lines. And, like Gallas, he looked like he really cared.

Gallas - 8. This guy was fantastic. Apart from a couple of niggly points like closing down and his obvious aerial weakness he was impeccable. He and Toure sharing the load, instead of him bossing, seemed to work okay.

Clichy - 6. I love Gael, but he really must work on his positioning and his closing down. He was also very nervous in possession. Shame his foray forward didn't result in a goal, I'm sure that would've done his confidence wonders. But, he was solid enough.

Eboue - -1000000000000000000000.... He can f*ck off and die. A disgrace to the shirt, and a disgrace to the players who had to bust a gut to cover for his absence. I hope for his sake he never crosses my path.

Denilson - 6. I don't want to criticise Denilson too much but he wasn't great. Passes went astray, tackles weren't made. He did his job but we deserve a better midfielder than him. Looked truly lost in the first half, even before the sending off. Worked hard , but isn't good enough.

Song - 9. As far as I'm concerned, if Song hadn't been there Sp**s would've trounced us. He got about the place, made his presence felt, tackled, fouled, broke up plays. His only faults were not scoring his chance, and not being great on the ball. But he was one of a few players who clearly cared, which is surprising. :shock:

Nasri - 7. He wasn't exactly given much chance. With our centre mid failing to control the game, Nasri wasn't able to get into the game, he was stranded wide with no service. But he did his job defensively. And once he moved infield later on he held up the ball and looked more of a threat.

Adebayor - 2. He really, never looked like tormenting Sp**s like he has in the past. Is this the same player we saw last year? Is this why he's being paid so much more?! A couple of the pull-backs and crosses he should've scored. I can only hope Eduardo hasn't lost his knack for hitting the right spot. This could really be the last time we see Ade this season if his understudies start doing the job he's been failing at all season.

RVP - 6. Another player who didn't look like he'd play a part until the sending off. The change in system gave him more time to create, and he worked his f*cking nuts off no matter what. He obviously cares, just a shame he wasn't given the chance to put one past them.

Subs:

Bendtner - 6. He didn't look comfortable. And he really should be doing much better with the opportunities he gets, but he worked okay with RVP. Must hold up the ball better than he does. Could clearly be so much better, but he worked hard today, if to no effect.

Gibbs - N/A. Did his job.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom