• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We really need to make sure we get the right cazorla replacement. We're definitely lacking certain qualities in our selection of midfielders at the moment (dribbling, long passing, through passes, one twos, dictating tempo, defensive positioning, football intelligence).
Box to box is ****

And here we had gone a whole week without innane Cazorla nostalgica

:(

Why dont people dream about Paddy, Gilberto, Petit?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
And here we had gone a whole week without innane Cazorla nostalgica

:(

Why dont people dream about Paddy, Gilberto, Petit?
That’s why we also need a DM, a Ndombele next to the cazorla replacement.
The ramsey type of player is the last thing we wanted.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
They do...

But it is always Cazorla that is brought up,
That we need someone like him, we played such great football with him.

Poppycock I say!!!

We like everybody else needs directness thru speed, endurance or size/power.
Preferably in the same guy but in todays football you cannot get by with technique alone

Shouldnt that be obvious after the barren years with Wenger?

Small and technical ad naseum

Only one that won us anything was Ramsey thru having and engine alone, so-so technique...

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
But it is always Cazorla that is brought up,
That we need someone like him, we played such great football with him.

Poppycock I say!!!

We like everybody else needs directness thru speed, endurance or size/power.
Preferably in the same guy but in todays football you cannot get by with technique alone

Shouldnt that be obvious after the barren years with Wenger?

Small and technical ad naseum

Only one that won us anything was Ramsey thru having and engine alone, so-so technique...

I don't know what happened to Wenger when he became obsessed with small technical players, our team got bullied so much just passing it around. We got so much success with guys like Viera and Gilberto in midfield.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don't know what happened to Wenger when he became obsessed with small technical players, our team got bullied so much just passing it around. We got so much success with guys like Viera and Gilberto in midfield.
City, Barcelona, Bayern, Milan, Spain, Brazil......
All the best teams in history were small and technical.

Small technical players were not the problem.
We didn’t win anything because:

1 our defence were ****.

2 other teams have improved tactically.
we didn’t have a modern/structured tactics to cope with it.
we never set up our team to counter opponent’s tactical changes.

3 our players were inexperienced and too young.
trying to push for another goal when we were leading with just one goal in the 91 minutes.

4 our squad depth was lacking.
could have cope better with the unlucky injury crisis if we have more quality backups.
Remember Justin Hoyte against Ronaldo........?
**** my life...

5 we lack investments.
we do replace our best players with another great player (Hleb, Nasri, Arshavin), but we never improve on areas that we were bad (imagine if they could play together instead of replacing one another).

6 we only had only one DM in the squad.
If he was injured we were screwed.

7 van persie
always had a fantastic half season and then gone injured

8 adebayor
scored lots of goals but he wasted tonnes and tonnes of easy chances.
I remember in a Fulham match he had about 7 one on one easy chances against the keeper and he only scored on the 8th.

9 walcott
was non technical and ****, and he still is.

10 gallas
always stay in the opponent’s penalty area trying to score the important goal, but more often we conceded because our defence were left exposed.

11 denilson, song, diaby
diaby wasn’t bad, but his decision making was so poor, you don’t try to dribble in your own box even if you are messi. And I have seen that cost us goals quite a few times.

12 meaningless late substitutions.
when our game didn’t work out, we would make one change in 70+mins and another one in 80+mins.
how can you expect a player to make such impact in that short amount of playing time?

13 mike dean
**** mike dean

Last edited:

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi

1 our defence were ****.

trying to push for another goal when we were leading with just one goal in the 91 minutes.

could have cope better with the unlucky injury crisis if we have more quality backups.
**** my life...

5 we lack investments.
we do replace our best players with another great player (Hleb, Nasri, Arshavin), but we never improve on areas that we were bad (imagine if they could play together instead of replacing one another).

7 van persie

8 adebayor
I remember in a Fulham match he had about 7 one on one easy chances against the keeper and he only scored on the 8th.

9 walcott

10 gallas
always stay in the opponent’s penalty area trying to score the important goal, but more often we conceded because our defence were left exposed.

11 denilson, song, diaby
diaby wasn’t bad, but his decision making was so poor, you don’t try to dribble in your own box even if you are messi. And I have seen that cost us goals quite a few times.

when our game didn’t work out, we would make one change in 70+mins and another one in 80+mins.
how can you expect a player to make such impact in that short amount of playing time?

13 mike dean
**** mike dean

referees made sure that our players could be deliberately injured.

I know it is just one of many roumurs but when it is free im sure Arsenal will go for it despite if the player is good enough or not..
So i hope we dont go ahead with signing Yacine Brahimi even though he come for free, that is not the quality we so badly need...

1 our defence were ****.

**** my life...

5 we lack investments.

7 van persie

8 adebayor

9 walcott

10 gallas

11 denilson, song, diaby

13 mike dean
**** mike dean
Never seen a fan that is so hateful of a player considered to be of legendary status by some and a proven cup winner! I could ask you to name 5 box to box mfs that you think are better than Rambo at what he does and I guarantee you'd struggle to list them. It is nice to have players that can pass and are technical but it would very unwise to be dependent on just that in the PL, especially when your squad is not as big as that of city to handle the physical demands of the league cos the moment you become knackered and fatigued you'd be easily be bullied as seen during the Cesc era at AFC.

You see mate, i think there's no particular strategy in player recruitment that one needs to follow to win. You pick what is best for you in terms of your coaching ideology and you make it work. Look at the Chelsea squad for instance that dominated the late 2000's and 2010's early, did they have small technical players? No! Would they pass the ball to death? No! And yet they would win and if not, mount very serious trophy challenges. In fact, if you remember their Champions league run, you'd recall that they beat prime Xavi and Iniesta to lift the big ears. And these are but a few examples.
Funny how you deliberately ignore the Invincibles as a great team just to prove your point with the small technical players!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

1 our defence were ****.

**** my life...

5 we lack investments.

7 van persie

8 adebayor

9 walcott

10 gallas

11 denilson, song, diaby

13 mike dean
**** mike dean

1 our defence were ****.

**** my life...

5 we lack investments.

7 van persie

8 adebayor

9 walcott

10 gallas

11 denilson, song, diaby

13 mike dean
**** mike dean

All those teams bar Maybe Brazil were filled with Runners to

Look at Modric for croatia he runs a ton

You have to have atleast one aspect of physicallity to your game

Today with the high press that is so popular endurance is once again key

People hate on Xhaka here but atleast he got one aspect and naturally he is big
Torreira is not but he got tenacity and cardio, his cardio wained and his performance levels dropped

In 10 years sprints have gone up considerably, ive seen numbers as High as 80% more sprints, and they are longer to.
Actual overall travel has gone down.

So long story short a tapas munching glorified pub league player (albeit tech brilliant) like Cazorla has no place in modern football

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People hate on Xhaka here but atleast he got one aspect and naturally he is big
Torreira is not but he got tenacity and cardio, his cardio wained and his performance levels dropped
So long story short a tapas munching glorified pub league player (albeit tech brilliant) like Cazorla has no place in modern football
Why do you bring Cazorla into every discussion on this forum? You just look like a complete idiot every time you compare him to a donkey like Xhaka.
It's like comparing Henry to Yaya Sanogo and saying Sanogo has the advantage because he is taller.
Cazorla was actually a very mobile player in his Villareal days and was very often deployed as a winger there.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Why do you bring Cazorla into every discussion on this forum? You just look like a complete idiot every time you compare him to a donkey like Xhaka.
It's like comparing Henry to Yaya Sanogo and saying Sanogo has the advantage because he is taller.
Cazorla was actually a very mobile player in his Villareal days and was very often deployed as a winger there.

I am not bringing him the faaaaack up!!!

I refuse to let the innane knee jerk reflexive answer to any sort of cm question or thread be: "gee Remember Cazorla, he was swell"

It is done add naseum ffs like some sort of meme.

He is vastly overrated and a sympthome of what the club did wrong, infuriarating that so many drank the kool-aid.

Let go of this naive romantik view and get with reality.

Comparing Xhaka and Cazorla is like comparing Apples and orange, oranges are just sweet no substance

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure if this belongs in the anti- wish list or somewhere else, but have to say IMO it is pretty ridiculous to see any contemplation, even for a millisecond, of letting Aubameyang or Lacazette go.

Reyes no.11

Formation: 4-3-3

GK: Leno, Martinez, Macey
LB: *Tierney, Monreal
CB: Sokratis, Chambers, Mavropanos
CB: Holding, *CB
RB: Bellerin, *RB

LCM: Guendouzi, Willock
DM: Torreira, Maitland-Niles
RCM: *RCM, Smith Rowe

LM: Kolasinac, Iwobi
CF: Aubameyang, Nketiah, *Martinelli
RM: Mkhitaryan, Nelson

In: CB, Tierney, RB, RCM, Martinelli
Out: Koscielny, Mustafi, Jenkinson, Elneny, Xhaka, Özil, Lacazette

First XI

-------------------------------Leno

Bellerin--------Holding------------------Sokratis-------Tierney

------------------------------Torreira
-----------------RCM--------------------Guendouzi

Mkhitaryan-----------------------------------------------Kolasinac
---------------------------Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Chambers, Maitland-Niles, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Iwobi, Nketiah

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
All the best teams in history were not made of small players.

First of all 2 of the best ever, Invincibles and Ajax back in the day had lot's of physical players.

If we are talking teams that won things, Inter won everything there was with a very physical team, Chelsea did the same.
And no, Milan didn't have small and technical players cause Gatusso and Ambrosini were still heart of their winning team, Kaka was unusually tall for AM, and Seedorf just might be one of the strongest players around, and that is just their midfield...

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
What are you guys talking about ?

We did not loose out because we've been softies only. We pretty much dominated teams from 2006-2013 nonetheless and could've gone on to win things if it wasn't for INJURIES and always being left short by 1-2 signings ? It was simply down to the lack of spending as it has always been ever since.

Cazorla gets the praise because he was the most special midfield player we had since Fabregas left. A time span that is most close to one's mind.

Of course I am intrigued by the potential signing of Saliba to get some steel and wanted a badass CM for years as anyone did, but it's not what makes are breaks a team.

It's all down to class at the end. We haven't had a worldclass striker since RVP left, we haven't had the best defense for an eternity, had uninspirational wingers and got long term injuries each year again.

Kante is the perfect proof that you don't need to be a physical monster to be superior. He ****s all over anyone as a DM in the world.
Casemiro also ain't no beast either yet ran the show to get 3 dirty CL winners, Barcelona has none too. They had the best ever team, rarely playing a physical DM in there, yet basically made fun of teams like ManU in a final.

I'd much rather get a prime Cazorla than an overhyped Pogba as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom