• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichtsteiner (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Would be a good deal for me.

Experienced alternative for Bellerin. He is a leader on and off the pitch. We don't need to spend a big fee on Bellerins Back-Up, he can still play 1 or 2 seasons.

An upgrade to Debuchy. What about his injuries? Is he a fit one?

He's played 27 league games pretty much every season for Juve since 14/15. Including 13 CL games in the 14/15 campaign. Seems to be relatively injury free.

Stannis

Unsure about this. There’s obvious benefits but some concerns

The guy was quality but his age can’t be discounted.

While I have no doubts how he would do in the Europa League, imagine if Bellerin gets injured for an extended period of time. Can Liechstiener cope for an extended period of time at his current age ?

Other thing is how much in wages will he demand?

I actually want as a back up want who Juve appear to be getting: Santiago Arias

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Unsure about this. There’s obvious benefits but some concerns

The guy was quality but his age can’t be discounted.

While I have no doubts how he would do in the Europa League, imagine if Bellerin gets injured for an extended period of time. Can Liechstiener cope for an extended period of time at his current age ?

Other thing is how much in wages will he demand?

I actually as a back up want who Juve appear to be getting: Santiago Arias

Started 22 league games for Juve last campaign, has a good 20-30 games a season still left in him. Fantastic signing if it happens imo.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We need someone who can push Bellerin for his spot and provide suitable cover if needed, and Lichtenstein is a good, free, short-term option. It'd also free up AMN to focus on the CM position. I'm all for it.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah this transfer is perfect. Makes sense in every way. Fills a hole in our squad with a quality player and a great personality while leaving our budget untouched. Won’t threaten Bellerin long term but short term he has enough about him to keep Hector on his toes.

Kind of move I’d make on football manager.

Sven’s done it again hasn’t he?

Malky

Established Member
The guy has an insane fitness record for his age, plus he's a winner who will push Bellerin for a starting place instead of sulking and throwing the towel in like Debuchy.
If we can get 2 good seasons out of him then this will be an excellent deal.

Might actually make sense this signing. We have big talents in Osei-Tutu and Daley-Campbell not to mention that Maitland-Niles can also fill there in. The last one will for sure be looking for more playtime this season.

I'm always a fan when we make signings where our youngsters are taken into the consideration!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If it's a one year deal then it would do no harm. We need bodies for the Europa League and he would certainly help with his experience.

Getting him would mean that we can invest in other areas of the pitch. We don't need to spend 10M or 15M on a back up RB.

By the way, this is good news. We're moving early for targets, so they can integrate into our team over preseason.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeah this transfer is perfect. Makes sense in every way. Fills a hole in our squad with a quality player and a great personality while leaving our budget untouched. Won’t threaten Bellerin long term but short term he has enough about him to keep Hector on his toes.

Kind of move I’d make on football manager.

Sven’s done it again hasn’t he?

Plus he provides leadership. That's something that's been sorely lacking in this squad.

benjamin86

Established Member
Who ever we keep of Mustafi, Chambers and Holding can also play right back and of course Maitland-Niles, decent third choices behind Bellerin and Lichtsteiner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom