• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichtsteiner (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JENSON_GUNNER

He's here to provide cover for a season or two, age isn't much of an issue.
Not to mention his winning mentality and leadership qualities might end up permeating through the squad.

As someone else mentioned, we should be trying to get Chiellini too if we can't get an experienced CB.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, what's this nonsense Arsenal?

Why not someone like Adama from Middelsbrough.

Adama would cost at least 20m.

Would you rather we spend a lot on a back up RB and neglect other key positions?

Or get a solid experienced RB on a free transfer and also sign a GK, CB, CM & a wide player?

It's clear we don't have a lot to spend this window, we've got to play it smart in this crazy transfer market with these ridiculous price tags.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Looking at the first reply to this thread, I think it's safe to say this has been a bad week for @THunter. :lol:

Not sure what's the point of bringing in a 34 year old though to the league, will he even be able to hack it? This is normally the time they go to under perform in MLS or Japan etc.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
On the face of it this looks a smart move, we do need another RB but have more pressing issues and a limited budget, as long as he isn't on too big a contract I'm all for it.

It allows Chambers and AMN to be utilised in their correct positions, he is also a proven winner hopefully he can impart some of that on our
bunch of losers.

I also remember the game against Sp**s turning completely upon him being brought on (formation change as well but still), I also remember him putting in a number of really good crosses when they beat Madrid.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So we are signing one best RBs in the past decade, has 97 caps, has won 7 league titles with Juventus and started 21 league games last season in their most recent title win.

Adding an experienced, quality player to inexperienced squad for a problem position on a free is a no brainer.

Last edited:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Five years later :bounce:
Well, played a lot of Fifa back then, so I figured players would just lose all ability once they turned 30. :D

Anyway, makes a lot of sense now this transfer. And if Sven and Unai think it's a good move, who am I to argue?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Arsenal Twitter is too much. :lol: :lol:

On the fence here as hes free and RBs dont win you the league so a cheap option/experienced cover is what we need, but I wholeheartedly agree with @THunter as his face is very VERY punchable so I dont really watch to watch him week in week out.

neimad

Are we doing logical transfer business finally? I am impressed!

This European Model definitely seems to speed up the process. Wenger would be still debating the move with **** Law renewing his passport whilst another club swooped in. I'm liking this new approach.

lucky7

A good option as a backup. Budget wise he will still cost some towards our 50m budget as wages are included (long explanation, budget is based on amortized fee + wages) but we won't get anyone in for less.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal Twitter is too much. :lol: :lol:

On the fence here as hes free and RBs dont win you the league so a cheap option/experienced cover is what we need, but I wholeheartedly agree with @THunter as his face is very VERY punchable so I dont really watch to watch him week in week out.

Is it really that punchable? Not as punchable as Coutinho's, or Neymar's surely.

cesare

Are we doing logical transfer business finally? I am impressed!

I was just about to say the same thing. Arsenal doing sensible business in the transfer market? Addressing an obvious gap in the squad and that too early in the window? What the hell is going on?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Is it really that punchable? Not as punchable as Coutinho's, or Neymar's surely.

466906251-477007.jpg

Maybe 'punchable' is the wrong word, but he just looks super silly (also he looks like a young Micheal Keaton to me) and anytime I've seen him play he has a bit of Mustafi in him in that he complains at every foul called against him.

I dont know why but its hard to take him seriously.

Dammit

Honestly, this summer we are killing ITKs, they know nothing, we are working so smoothly behind the scenes that it's beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom