• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke City vs Arsenal | EPL | Sat 27th Feb| 17:30 | SS1

ricky1985

Established Member
Just watched the game again. We literally annihilated them, they were camped in their defensive third and couldn't get anywhere near the ball. It didn't appear that way at the time, but then again I was in a state of raging anger for the last 30 minutes and so wasn't really with it.

Our back four were absolutely outstanding, especially Clichy who was great the whole game, but in the second half was the Gael Clichy I adored 2 years ago.

Our midfield were dominant, utterly dominant, Ramsey and Fabregas pressed and chased, and Song had them pinned because he just kept cutting off everything they threw forward and then moved us closer and closer, as a team, towards Stoke's goal until we had them pinned again.

In the last 30 minutes we had two stone wall penalties turned down (Ramsey and Bendtner), a number of great chances, scored 2 goals, and our football was so slick and dangerous. Our grit and determination to comeback have grabbed the headlines, and rightly so, but our football was also very, very good.

Captain

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Just watched the game again. We literally annihilated them, they were camped in their defensive third and couldn't get anywhere near the ball. It didn't appear that way at the time, but then again I was in a state of raging anger for the last 30 minutes and so wasn't really with it.

I said this in the trusted area. There was absolutely no way that we weren't going to beat them; we were first to every ball, we tackled and harried all over and our passing into the final third got better as the game went on.

Stoke are a pub team and besides their bloody long throw they have nothing to offer.

General

Established Member
I've got Shawcross's address if anyone wants to send him a letter of condolence. PM me for details.

Eirico

Ice Berg legend said:
Its the way he swings in so hard, he was always going to get the player regardless of if he won the ball or not. It was wreckless

I think there is a rule including "excessive force" that justifice a red card, and Showcross' challange was surely a case of that.

AliBabaBrewer

For all the talk of 'He's a lovely lad' and 'He invented the hug, he's so nice!' it boils down to one simple fact.

Shawcross is either:
a) Dirty. A player who doesn't give a s**t about hurting someone. Ask Adebayor.
or
b) Rubbish. A player who can't time his tackles, and that these 'accidental' tackles are just that, only they're frequent because he doesn't know what he's doing. Ask Jeffers.

P.S. Just noticed the 3 biggest examples of Shawcross' history of poor tackles; Ramsey, Jeffers and Adebayor, have all played for Arsenal.
Could add a c) for an Arsenal vendetta.

Although that's unlikely.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Anzac said:
For me a better analogy is drink driving = you know it's wrong, you know the risks, you know the consequences if you get caught & you know the potential damage because of the effects - yet too many still view it as an acceptable risk because 'everyone does it' or it's some right of passage crap.

Both analogies work for me. Don't take a risk if you won't like the consequences.

Anzac

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Anzac said:
For me a better analogy is drink driving = you know it's wrong, you know the risks, you know the consequences if you get caught & you know the potential damage because of the effects - yet too many still view it as an acceptable risk because 'everyone does it' or it's some right of passage crap.

Both analogies work for me. Don't take a risk if you won't like the consequences.

Thought of another couple today = playing Russian Roulette where you point the gun at the other bloke; or chicken with you in a Mack truck vs a VW Beetle.

It would have been so easy to fall aprt after Ramsey got injured, just like we did for 30 mminutes against Birmingham when Eduardo got hurt. But the team dug deep, stayed strong and picked up the 3 points that we deserved. Overall a great performance, particularly in the second half and its 3 points I am delighted with. We have played our way back in to the title race and just need to focus on each game as it comes.

Wish Aaron a speedy recovery too. I know he will be back and lets hope he can get himself ready both physically and mentally and over time fulfill the promise that we have seen from him so far.

flobaba

patrick42uk said:
Fact that ALex Ferguson rang the boy up leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Heard he once played for United? Plus Fergie might want to resign him considering the form and fitness issues Ferdinand and Vidic are having.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Shawcross was at the United academy for like 6 years, and United have a provision to buy him if Stoke sell him.

Accomplished

Established Member
united almost certainly won't take him back.. He's really not particularly good, he's just being lauded by the english press right now because heaven forbid we hurt his feelings...

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Hey dudes, not sure if this has been posted but I found a video of when Fabregas tells Pulis to keep quiet. I love how annoyed that Stoke **** gets.

v=LZovQocCC0c

stiiphunn

Established Member
Found the video on youtube - can't post it I think though.

Awesome. Cesc really is a legend. Love how Pulis gets upset! haha! I don't know how old Pulis is but he certainly didn't act his age on this one!

regele

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Fact that ALex Ferguson rang the boy up leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Bet he didn't bother calling Ramsey though(not sure I regret this though), after all he's not the real victim in all this.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
stiiphunn said:
Found the video on youtube - can't post it I think though.

Awesome. Cesc really is a legend. Love how Pulis gets upset! haha! I don't know how old Pulis is but he certainly didn't act his age on this one!
saw him doing it live when the game was going on, but didnt realize who he was doing it to until afterward.. classic

Top Bottom