• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke v Arsenal Ratings

Gunner_JT

Almunia 6

Sagna 6
Campbell 7
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 8

Song 5
Ramsey 7
Fabregas 8

Eboue 7
Bendtner 6.5
Nasri 5

Walcott 6
Rosicky 6
Eduardo 5

I think Cesc and Clichy were our two best players.

banduan

Established Member
seven for everyone, except maybe 6 for Rozza and Nasri, and 8 for Cesc and Clichy. Nobody was particularly bad.

Even Theo had a pretty good game although he got no chance to make any sort of run.

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia 7

Sagna 7
Campbell 7
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 8

Song 6
Ramsey 10
Fabregas 8

Eboue 7
Bendtner 6.5
Nasri 6

Walcott 6
Rosicky 6
Eduardo 6

Loved the celebration and huddle from the legs at the end. Top class result.

Ricky_AFC

BIG performances from Campbell and Cesc, especially after the injury. Campbell is such a gooner and immense leader. He should definitely get a contract for next season IMO.

Also thought Clichy was very good. I'll give those players an 8 and most of the others a 7.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Everyone gets a 10 for being able to pick themselves up after a **** start and a horrible, horrible injury to Ramsey. Campbell, Vermaelen and Cesc impressed me particularly much. Good on you, lads. Good on you.

Kain

Established Member
Clichy was superb, I still can't believe he kept that wayward cross in the second half, it was like the ball was going out and Clichy just appeared out of nowhere to say "**** Stoke and there bastard towel throwins" MOTM for him, great team effort today, proud gooners.

arsmile

Established Member
Al-6- mostly okay, a few flaps- he will do the basics at least, something our other contender cant promise
Sagna-6- ok
Sol-7- good
Verm-9- brilliant
Clichy-8- god, particularly offensively
Song-6- okay
Cesc-9- real captain
Ramsey-7- looked promising. I just hope he’ll be okay eventually
Nasri-6- quiet
Eboue-6- dodgey marking for the goal
Bendtner-8- good goal, held line up well
Rosicky-7- positive impact
Theo-6
Eduardo-6

We showed good character to get the points. But I’m hardly in the mood to celebrate- it cannot be a coincidence- we just have players who are too good on the ball and leave defenders with no option other than to lunge in- that and the media’s hype about us not being ‘up to it’ physically’. It is devastating to see this happen to our players so often.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 6

Sagna 8
Campbell 9
Vermaelen 9
Clichy 9

Song 8
Ramsey 8
Fabregas 8

Eboue 8
Bendtner 8
Nasri 7

Walcott 6
Rosicky 7
Eduardo 6

yuvken

Established Member
Besides the day's big drama, worth mentioning are:

2 years ago, at almost the exact same stage and very similar circumstances (hard away game, still in the race), we were hit by a horror injury. The response on the day was that the team imploded, lost the lead and dropped points, and that was only the beginning of our fall.
Today in contrast we were not leading, but you could see another -surprising and sad- side of experience: the experience of horror itself. That we actually won the game may have very important long term meaning, but already today we can measure and rate -
Team spirit: Champions (leave me with numbers, it doesn't matter).

Clichy's decline and the left back situation: aha.
Can Bendtner make the difference/B' big chance: you tell me.
Vermaelen 30 goals 20 assists: I actually thought the thread was unfair expectations at first...

Hope (1): are we aloud to hope Al can put in 12+ decent performances? It might be Al we need.
Hope (2): We didn't have Abu, Gallas and AA for (WHL aside) maybe our trickiest test left. We lost Aaron (just when he was clearly favored to one denilson), But Rozza didn't even start today. Team depth: Not too bad. Time to start calculating the days/games Mr. VP can participate in?

Cheer up, gooners. It's a dark and painful hour, but he's not dead, and we seem to be very much alive.

Top Bottom