• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke v Arsenal Ratings

justinmitchell

up to ramsey injury

Almunia 7

Sagna 7
Sol 7
Verm 7
Clichy 7.5

Ramsey 8 (MOTM)
Fabregas 8
Song 6

Eboue 6
Bendtner 7
Nasri 7

Rosicky 6
Eduardo 6

Ref: 0

after ramsey injury
arsenal 10/10
ref: -100

Ramsey was by far the best player on the pitch up to his injury. Looked the most likely to make something happen from nothing. Can't believe he had that penalty turned down.

gstew

Gunner_JT said:
Almunia 6

Sagna 6
Campbell 7
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 8

Song 5
Ramsey 7
Fabregas 8

Eboue 7
Bendtner 6.5
Nasri 5

Walcott 6
Rosicky 6
Eduardo 5

I think Cesc and Clichy were our two best players.
Song's passing was certainly off for much of the game. But he did his job defensively and put Eduardo in for what should have been the winning goal. So I think that a "5" is quite harsh.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Almunia 5

Sagna 5
Campbell 7
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 6

Song 4
Ramsey 5
Fabregas 4

Eboue 4
Bendtner 4
Nasri 4

Walcott 3
Rosicky 5
Eduardo 4

AliBabaBrewer

Almunia - 6
Sanga - 6
Vermaelen - 7
Campbell - 8
Clichy - 9
Song - 6
Ramsey - 7 and 10
Fabregas - 9
Eboue - 8
Nasri - 6
Bendtner - 7

Rosicky - 6
Walcott - 5
Eduardo - 5

Gautam_bhatia

kel varnsen said:
Almunia 5

Sagna 5
Campbell 7
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 6

Song 4
Ramsey 5
Fabregas 4

Eboue 4
Bendtner 4
Nasri 4

Walcott 3
Rosicky 5
Eduardo 4

Got to be the first time ever that the guy who creates two and scores one in a 3 - 1 win gets a four. :bounce

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Gautam_bhatia said:
kel varnsen said:
Almunia 5

Sagna 5
Campbell 7
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 6

Song 4
Ramsey 5
Fabregas 4

Eboue 4
Bendtner 4
Nasri 4

Walcott 3
Rosicky 5
Eduardo 4

Got to be the first time ever that the guy who creates two and scores one in a 3 - 1 win gets a four. :bounce

Gotta love them haters :wink:

Anzac

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Everyone gets a 10 for being able to pick themselves up after a s**t start and a horrible, horrible injury to Ramsey. Campbell, Vermaelen and Cesc impressed me particularly much. Good on you, lads. Good on you.

Add Clichy to the list & this for me.

ricky1985

Established Member
Almunia - 5. Had literally nothing to do, except picking the ball out of the net for their goal, and flapped ridiculously and the one other long throw they had after that. Although it was given as a foul, it was just another woeful decision by the referee, and embarrassing attempt by Manuel to clear the ball.

Sagna - 7. Not really tested all that much, but whenever he was....Well you know the rest.

Campbell - 8. Won everything that came his way, and was so vital whenever Stoke had the opportunity to pump balls into our box. He organised so well. Priceless at the moment for a million different reasons.

Vermaelen - 8. Was the more aggressive of the two centrebacks. Came forward and won the ball to keep the pressure on them. Awesome.

Clichy - 9. 7 or 8 out of 10 for the first half, but world class in the second, and the way he reacted to the terrible injury could, for Gael, turn out to be a career defining moment.

Song - 8. He struggled a little in the first 30 minutes, but was a colossus thereafter. He's the reason we're able to pin teams back so deep, he reads the game faultlessly, and is so very dangerous when he gets the ball 30 yards from goal in these situations.

Fabregas - 8. Involved in everything good we did, tackled well, but more importantly ran so hard, his pressure was invaluable. His reaction to the injury was incredible, as an Arsenal fan he made me proud.

Ramsey - 8. Exactly what we need in midfield. Reads the game impeccably, runs hard, tackles well, Cesc-like on the ball. As for the injury, forget, for a moment, the sad prospect that this might affect Aaron's long term future, the fact that he's not there for the rest of the season is a huge loss. Please Buddha, Allah, Jesus, whoever, let this kid come back 100%.

Eboue - 5. Flatters to deceive constantly. The amount of times he made a poor decision in the final third that immediately ended the attacking move was criminal, especially in the first half. Had to play Nasri in when he had that shot too. The type of decisions he has to make are completely different when he plays at right back, and that's why he looks a different player.

Nasri - 6. So-so performance.

Bendtner - 8. Outrageous header, and was good after that, but in the last 10 minutes or so he was toying with them. Surprised me just how good he was when I re-watched the game.

Subs

Rosicky - 7. Composure once we went 2-1 up was great to see. He was knocking the ball around fantastically with Eduardo and Fabregas, and then capped a nice cameo with a good shot that led to Vermaelen's goal.

Eduardo - 6. Again his composure was great, but remnants of his own horror injury were there for all to see, when he rushed his attempted finish, frightened to put his foot through the ball, fearful of the flying defender. He would have scored that 99 times out of 100 before his injury.

Walcott - 6. Nice touches here and there, but wasn't that involved. loved his celebration with Cesc.

est

ricky1985 said:
Eduardo - 6. Again his composure was great, but remnants of his own horror injury were there for all to see, when he rushed his attempted finish, frightened to put his foot through the ball, fearful of the flying defender. He would have scored that 99 times out of 100 before his injury.

And who could blame him? I saw him warming up during the time Ramsey was treated on the pitch and wondered what he would feel. Must've not been easy to play, considering you've just seen your teammates leg broken and even worse having gone through a similar injury yourself. Inevitably a doubt slips into his mind every time he sees a guy flying in to tackle him.

That's a price he's had to pay. That's something Ramsey is going to have to fight with when he eventually gets back. And to think that **** gets only three games for it...

Zico

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Almunia 5

Sagna 5
Campbell 7
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 6

Song 4
Ramsey 5
Fabregas 4

Eboue 4
Bendtner 4
Nasri 4

Walcott 3
Rosicky 5
Eduardo 4

:shock: provocative

qs

Established Member
I'm not doing ratings this week either. The entire team are worth 10s for me based purely on how they responded.

est

ricky1985 said:
I don't blame him, of course not, just pointing it out, and it's implications for Ramsey also.
Didn't think you were. :wink:

Just pointed out how hard it might have been for him and that his conserving play shouldn't be held against him. At least in this particular game.

beanz

Up until last Saturday, I thought aliens had snatched Clichy's body, but thankfully he returned. Let's hope he doesn't have a relapse. :D

Biggus

Established Member
Gautam_bhatia said:
You've got to understand that Kel, well, he's not like other people.
He operates in a mathematical ethical vacuum.
In Kels universe all human irrationality and frailty are simply dismissed as an irrelevance, nothing is allowed to interfere with his cold hard mathematical analysis of the situation.

The rest of us live on earth.

Top Bottom