• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke vs Arsenal 8/5/2011, 14:05GMT

progman07

Established Member
Re: Stoke Vs Arsenal 8/5/2011, 14.05GMT

AnthonyG said:
fabo said:
Yeah the defence is no problem, let's persevere with Koscielny who is crap.
Kos was easily one of our best players today. And you don't get to gloat over your autobot-posts, you just don't. If it were up to you and your pre-match 'predictions', we'd have had 2 wins, 18 draws, and 16 losses.
To be fair to him, it's quite rewarding to bet against us, with almost every 2nd game being a loss or a draw. :| (19-10-7, which is a 52% winning rate in the league.. ouch)

Y va marquer

Established Member
Fabo it's painful to read that you're getting some satisfaction from us losing today.

So you feared the worst before the game and it came to pass, that's hardly a triumph.

Considering the run we're on at the moment don't you think that at the back of most fans minds there's an element of fear before every game?
Perhaps the win over United quelled the anxiety for a few but today showed us otherwise.

progman07

Established Member
fabo said:
Yeah our attack is great.

I love how boring and predictable we are, especially how static everyone is.

Walcott starting tells you everything that is wrong with AFC.

Walcott is a brilliant player, who can be terrifying when employed well. It's not his fault we play a slow game, where he is forced out wide and doesn't have any space to run behind his defender.

Our attack is not boring and predictable because of Walcott, Robin, Nasri or Arshavin, but because of how they are used, what our tactic is, and how we are training attack. We are not attacking as a team, we lack ideas collectively, our attacking three is not balanced, all which are Wenger's issues, not the players' in my eyes.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Y va marquer said:
Fabo it's painful to read that you're getting some satisfaction from us losing today.

So you feared the worst before the game and it came to pass, that's hardly a triumph.

Considering the run we're on at the moment don't you think that at the back of most fans minds there's an element of fear before every game?
Perhaps the win over United quelled the anxiety for a few but today showed us otherwise.

I'm getting no satisfaction, I'm saving for away games next season already.

People were saying '5-0 Ramsey to score'......yeah alright. Scythe even said last week's midfield was better than Cesc/Song/Wilshere based on 1 display. Fabregas is the top man at this club, a genuine world class player, with RVP close behind.

Yet Stoke did a United on us, soaked up our weak ass 'pressure' and killed us. Then we got petulant, scored and in typical Arsenal fashion blew the lifeline straight away. The sooner this s**thouse season is over the better.

We need at least 3 starting quality players to win a PL title.

Emma Lusa

Walcott is a brilliant player, who can be terrifying when employed well. It's not his fault we play a slow game, where he is forced out wide and doesn't have any space to run behind his defender.

Our attack is not boring and predictable because of Walcott, Robin, Nasri or Arshavin, but because of how they are used, what our tactic is, and how we are training attack. We are not attacking as a team, we lack ideas collectively, our attacking three is not balanced, all which are Wenger's issues, not the players' in my eyes.

Normally I'm one of the most negative 'trolls' on here but after reading the last XXXX pages I can't believe some of the comments. I quoted the above as it's sensible - we do have good players but our tactics have been 'found out - furthermore Stoke are a pretty good side who are also in a very good run of form. Today was disappointing especially with the errors, but not that much of a surprise. If AW is staying (and only he knows) then his comments recently show that perhaps he will spend the money and add the necessary experience - less hating guys we're still Arsenal ......

fabo

6.51 / 10
Walcott is meh. Should be a back-up at best.

What can he do when there's no space to run in front of him?
Zilch.

He's a necessity because of the quality of the current squad.

I was f**king pissed with him today, joke.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Agreed on Cesc, fabo.
We really need him fit and healthy next season.

I think you have a point about people maybe getting too much carried away by the win over United.
It was excellent and hinted at a possibly brilliant future midfield options but today showed us yet again that we are ridiculously inconsistent.

When we're not in top gear our attack can be far too easily neutrslised by well organised teams such as Stoke.
They just have to hold their positions in defence as we try to weave our way through the tiniest of spaces.
They know we're going to go through the centre and there is little chance of any of our players being in the box when the ball is crossed in from the wings.

It's so frustrating to watch when we are off the pace like we were today.

Accomplished

Established Member
fabo said:

Zilch.

"I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against," Messi said

fabo

6.51 / 10
Footballers are dumb tbf.

Watch Theo yourself? If you're happy so be it, I'm not.

His general play is League 1 standard. But he has to start atm, that's the squad Wenger has built.

stiiphunn

Established Member
fabo said:

Zilch.

I'm not Walcott's biggest fan but I have to say that keeping him in the first XI is vital. Not because he is a world class player but because he gives us some sort of balance by making runs off the ball. Besides I believe he's a very good finisher.

I agree with you that when there's a lack of space it might be more difficult for him - he's a bit useless in the build up - but I still think he should be kept in the starting XI.

Emma Lusa

The truth is Walcott's playing for the wrong club, things Walcott needs - fast breaks, space to attack, ball over the top to run onto, a fellow speedster on the opposite flank.

We on the other hand are - ponderous, very tight, short passing, lacking in wide players ....

Put Bale or Nani on the opposite side and he'd be very effective ... but that is not Wenger Ball .........

Either we change or Walcott moves on, he's currently a round peg in a square hole which is exposing all his limitations .......

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
AshburtonGhost said:
Anthony's cracked, by the looks. Taxi!
No, I can just do multiple math equations is all and put them into context and boring stuff like that. Plus, no one needs to be fair to bottling fabo. See you're his little side-kick, how cute.

Top Bottom