• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke vs Arsenal ratings

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Fabianski - 6 (did good punches but looked undecisive near the end)

Coquelin - 4 (made some shocking passes and looked a bit nervy after we fell behind)

Campbell - 7 (quite solid, and was good on his first game back!)

Silvestre - 5 (Fortunate a bit with that challenge early on)

Traore 6 - (Made some good runs after and didn't suffer too badly at the back.)

Eastmond 5 - (Alright)

Denilson 6 - (hit the ball well to lead to our equaliser, but was left in no mans land when the Sidebe cross came in)

Fabregas 6.5 (Not his most influential game, good set-up for Denilson)

Walcott 6 - (Wasn't allowed to get into the game much, did some good link-up but was left frustrated, although looks sharper)

Emmanuel-Thomas 6 - (good movement)

Vela 6 - (A few balls went astray in the first half, was better in 2nd half.)

dutchMasta

Fabianski - 5 (Shocking for the 1st goal, but grew into the game)

Coquelin - 5 (Tough start, but also grew into the game)
Campbell - 7 (Won a lot of challenges, some moments showed his experience)
Silvestre - 5 (Caught out at times, one of his late tackles should've been a peno)
Traore - 5 (Pathetic for 3rd goal, caught for 2nd, 2 or so decent crosses)

Denilson - 6 (Deflected goal, still extremely weak, but kept play flowing, should've done better against Sidibe)
Fabregas - 6 (Some moments but average overall)
Eastmond - 6 (Safe passing, won 1-2 defensive headers)

Vela - 5 (Mostly ineffective)
Thomas - 5.5 (Stranded, but some bad touches. Grew into game though)
Walcott - 4 (Weak and invisible mostly)

Arshavin - 5 (Didn't do much)
Eduardo - 5 (Did he touch the ball?)
Ramsey - 5 (Involved and tried hard but one major giveaway leading to our loss)

gstew

I thought we played poorly both as a team and individually.

Fabianski - 4 First goal was embarrassing. Should have gotten down for the cross that Coquelin eventually had to skew past the post. Let another low cross get right underneath him.

Traore - 5 Excellent crossing. Some poor defending.
Silvestre - 5
Campbell - 6
Coquelin - 5 His heart was certainly in it. But it was very easy to see who was the debutante out there.

Cesc - 5.5 Ran his ass off, but this was his worst performance this year.
Eastmond - 6.5 Did a decent job.
Denilson - 2 His deflected goal gives him a 2. His unprofessionalism gets him a zero for the rest of his performance. He is an embarrassment.

Vela - 5 Poor
JET - 7.5 MOTM. Held the ball up, won headers, excellent passing. He looked like he belonged.
Theo - 3 Awful

Subs - 3 Ramsey was the only one with any impact, and it was mixed.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Fabianski - 3
Coquelin - 4
Campbell - 6
Silvestre - 5
Traore - 4
Eastmond - 5
Denilson - 5
Fabregas - 6
Walcott - 0
Emmanuel-Thomas - 4
Vela - 6

Can I give Walcott a lower score? I think -99999999999 is appropriate.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski - 5
Coquelin - 5
Campbell - 7
Silvestre - 4
Traore - 5
Denilson - 3
Fabregas - 6
Eastmond - 6
Vela - 5.5
Thomas - 5
Walcott - 3

Arshavin - 5
Eduardo - N.A
Ramsey - 5.5

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Fabianski - 5
Coquelin - 4
Campbell - 6
Silvestre - 5.5
Traore - 5
Denilson - 4
Fabregas - 6
Eastmond - 5.5
Vela - 6
Thomas - 4.5
Walcott - 3.5

Arshavin - 5
Eduardo - N.A
Ramsey - 5.5

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Denilson might be many things, but it's beyond me how you can use any of what happened today to call him unprofessional. The problem is both full-backs had vacated their defensive positions, as we took an unnecessary risk at 1-1 and got punished for it. From Denilson's starting position he was never going to catch Sidibe or get in a good enough position to make a meaningful challenge. It amuses me that people think someone can't genuinely be slow, he just simply "not trying".

arsmile

Established Member
Fabianski-3- I’ve been thinking lately that he probably deserved a chance over al, but he was appalling today- first goal was entirely his fault, was lucky not to cause more.

Coquelen-4- struggled at rb

Campbell-7- really smiled to see him back and he was good

Silvestre-5.5- thought he was alright, although could easily have given away a pen

Traore-2- the 3rd goal that killed us, he gave up on it, he stopped running- I don’t know whether he was trying to play offside but in the build up I saw him do it and thought – you’re just going to give them a goal you idiot...and he did

Eastmond-7- thought he was good

Denilson-5- got the goal but....decent in CM, fell apart a bit at DM

Cesc-5- not great

Theo-0.5- an appalling limited player- not one of the best 50 players at this club.

Vela-5- looked like our most dangerous player

JET-6.5- thought he did a good job

Arshavin-3
Eduardo-3
Ramsey-2 ......................subs were pathetic.

Arsène made a stupid decision with the subs...theo should have come off after 20 seconds and immediately killed. JET was doing a good physical job upfront and wenger hooked him off and replaced him with players who could not fight for the ball. I similarly think eastmond was doing a decent job holding the midfield, so wenger moves him to rb and we collapse with denilson trying to hold. They were the kind of tactically naive decisions that wenger always makes because he refuses to ‘play the opposition’ and set us up appropriately considering the team we were playing against. Also making the 3 subs at once left us with a crocked CB who couldn’t keep up with play...would a fit CB have done better? Dunno....

I’m not devastated at being out of the cup, but I am disappointed in some individuals today.

Swish

Established Member
For once, I'm gonna make a post that the majority will agree with.

Fabianski 7 -well liked player by the most, everyone thinks he is better than Almunia who has been getting 5-6 for the past few games, so 7 is one better.

Coquelin 5 - another well liked player that divides opinion when it comes to being better than Eastmond, so I'm gonna go for 5 (which is the middle between 0-10) so nobody will disagree with that.

Campbell 8 - an old Arsenal stalwart who everyone appreciated his aerial ability in, well liked, I'm going for a solid 8.

Silvestre 1 - nobody likes him, easy choice.

Traore 4 - nobody really likes him either, but like him more than Silvestre.

Eastmond 6 - see Coquelin, but 1 better.

Fabregas 10 - Captain fantastic, can't do anything wrong. Was a mixed game which he never got involved in, but like I said, can't do anything wrong.

Denilson -10 - Obviously the only reason we lost this game. Worst player on the pitch. The goal he scored was easy, anyone could have done it and it doesn't mean anything.

Theo 1 - again, nobody likes him. He's English, he should be scoring a goal every match. Another easy choice.

JET 7 - A lot of people think he is ready and based on this game, how we missed his presence upfront is why we didn't score again. Play him in the first team Arsène, he is ready!

Vela 6 - More liked than Theo despite being just as effective. However, people think he looked like he was trying more than Theo, so add 5 to Theo for a 6.

Subs:

Eduardo 5 - No excuses as to why he isn't scoring in every match. He broke his leg 2 years ago ffs, isn't it about time he played just like he did before his ankle was hanging on just by one bone? It can't make that much difference to a players abilty.

Arshavin 9 - Never looks interested, never gets involved but has bags of talent that he hardly ever deserves less than a high score.

Ramsey 5 - Good prospect, but could do better. Another mix bag of opinions divide on him. I've gone for a number again right in the middle.

Tactics:

Wenger 0 - Apart from Denilson, was the main reason we lost today. Should have played the strongest available team to him. Who needs to rest?

kel varnsen

Established Member
Fabianski - 3
Coquelin - 4
Campbell - 5
Silvestre - 4
Traore - 4
Eastmond - 4
Denilson - 4
Fabregas - 3
Walcott - 1
Emmanuel-Thomas - 2
Vela - 4

gstew

Big Poppa said:
Denilson might be many things, but it's beyond me how you can use any of what happened today to call him unprofessional. The problem is both full-backs had vacated their defensive positions, as we took an unnecessary risk at 1-1 and got punished for it. From Denilson's starting position he was never going to catch Sidibe or get in a good enough position to make a meaningful challenge. It amuses me that people think someone can't genuinely be slow, he just simply "not trying".
The video tape does not lie. Denilson had the angle and did not have the ball. There is absolutely no way that Sidibe should have been able to separate.

He is slow, but that is beyond his control. His lack of effort was certainly unprofessional.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Swish said:
Vela 6 - More liked than Theo despite being just as effective.
Not fair. Theo's played more than triple the amount of games that Carlos has. I think most people simply can't understand why Theo's gotten so many chances whilst Carlos never seems to.

Invincible

Established Member
Fabianski - 5
Campbell - 7
Silvestre - 4
Traore - 4
Coquelin - 5
Eastmond - 5
Denilson - 3
Fabregas - 5
Vela - 5
Walcott - 3
JET - 5

Ramsey - 4
Arshavin - 4
Eduardo - 4

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Why in the world is Theo being given scores like 0, etc? Did no-one notice how he did some good passes and almost set-up Vela, plus he wasn't given much but wasn't able to get into the game properly, I watched him and apart from one bad cross, there wasn't anything he did to warrant those ratings.

MAK 14

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
Why in the world is Theo being given scores like 0, etc? Did no-one notice how he did some good passes and almost set-up Vela, plus he wasn't given much but wasn't able to get into the game properly, I watched him and apart from one bad cross, there wasn't anything he did to warrant those ratings.
I don't understand either. He deserves nothing less than a 5.

arsmile

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
there wasn't anything he did to warrant those ratings..

there wasnt anything he did to warrant any rating, that's the problem....i'm not even sure he exists...i've got imaginary friends who have a more emperically measurable influence on realworld events than him.

Segway

Fabianski 5 - Should/could have done more

Coquelin 4 - Couldn't handle Etherington
Campbell 7 - Our best player today
Silvestre 2 - Horrible really
Traore 5 - Some good crosses and that's about it.

Eastmond 1 - Where was he? Isn't fit for this level and hard to see he will ever be.
Fabregas 6.5 - Tried, but wasn't his usual self.
Denilson 3 - Extravagantly poor. He has loads of experience but he was nowhere to be found. Got a goal though.....

Walcott 0 - We would have been better without him on the pitch altogether.
JET 4 - Worked his socks off but his technique and passing wasn't Arsenal quality.
Vela 3 - Huge meh

Our worst performance this season. Hope it doesn't affect the results in the forthcoming weeks.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
In this game we were playing with our league games to come but generally I dont understand how Walcott always walks into the side if fit. He is simply not smart enough a player to be given that sort of privilege.

Anyway, onto my ratings.

Fabianski - 4 Low on confidence after the opening goal and it showed. Simple decision making became a problem.

Traore - 5 Tried but fell for the usual tactic of us being forced out wide.

Silvestre - 4 Lucky not to concede the penalty, too slow but had heart.

Campbell - 6 Can see why he is back, looked sharp and fit as well

Coquelin - 4 A bit of a deer caught in the headlights performance, although credit to his effort.

Denilson - 5 Good strike for goal and linked up well with Fabregas

Cesc - 5 Was man marked (and fouled) out of this one, expect the same against Villa. Needs Rosicky to work with in midfield.

Eastmond - 4.5 was ok on the day.

Vela - 4 Quiet

JET - 4 Provided a bit of presence upfront, not effective enough although well tried

Walcott - 3.5 Dont know how this guy walks into the first team. Decision making very poor and didnt use his pace properly.

Subs

Ramsey - 4.5 Quiet, understandable as he is back from injury.
Shava - 4 Nowhere to be found
Eduardo - N/A

All in all, Im not too disappointed because we had a completely new back 6 (counting the GK) as well as a relatively inexperienced forward line. The job essentially fell on Cesc and Denilson in midfield.

The big issue for me is the effect this defeat will have on our confidence and subsequently momentum.

Top Bottom