• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke vs Arsenal ratings

banduan

Established Member
fabs 4 - so slow to respond
le coq 4 - probably why Eastmond starts ahead huh?
campbell 6 - was ok, could probably have been a lot better
silvestre 4 - did some good defending followed up by laughable stuff
traore 4 - fooled time and time again, seemed limited
eastmond 6 - mostly solid, will come into his own soon enough
denilson 5 - needs a bit more application, else he's ordinary
cesc 7 - only one who could pass well on the soggy pitch
theo 4 - hardly got the ball, wasteful but for a few bright moments
vela 4 - got far more of the ball than theo- for the same impact
JET 4 - looked out of place, spoilt the formation

ramsey 5 - passing was nice but was the main guy at fault for the 2nd goal
edu 5 - largely anonymous
shavva 5 - was alright

AliBabaBrewer

Humble Rex said:
Right now I only think he misses a bit of the strength and speed he had prior to his injury, and his ability to put away the clear cut chances he put away for fun before.
The 3 things we need from him more than anything at the moment.

Humble Rex said:
My point is, that even though he clearly isn´t at a 100 % he still contributes.
What if this IS his 100% now?
Like, what if this is as good as he is now?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
You think Eduardo has been good this season? Wow.
He's been 6/10 good, I reckon. Will only get better but has enough in his locker to cope meanwhile. It's a pretty safe horse to keep betting on methinks. We're mostly benefitting from him even if he's running at 60% of his capacity.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Well put once again Klaus.
I think all this about Edu came in reference to how much time we should give Theo, no? For me, Eduardo contributes to the team, whereas Theo on this form doesn´t. It´s like playing with 10 men. The first team should NOT be a place for him to find his form, because off form he is utter rubbish.

Mr Wolf

CKD39 said:
Walcott 6? SIX?

:lol:

Yep. And Fabianski 6 (six)? With that goal conceded after 70 (seventy) seconds? But do you remember how Vito Mannone played, for instance, against Fulham? :(

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, Eduardo has been diabolical in front of goal - probably the last player in our team I'd want on the end of a chance at the moment, apart from maybe Eboue.

He's a player who spends an awful lot of time doing not an awful lot, and though he's improved a little in the last couple of games, he remains one of the biggest disappointments in the squad this season, probably alongside Theo.

ultradoc

Established Member
I wouldn't want vela with his right foot either in front of goal. Whatsup with such one footed players.

Swish

Established Member
I think we can all deduce that we wouldn't want to see any of our strikers on the end of final balls right now.

Any number of the midfield players would be welcomed instead...

asajoseph

Established Member
Heh, true that.

Although I suppose 'our strikers' is kind of limited to Eduardo at the moment, because nobody else really fits the bill!

ultradoc

Established Member
haha. yes. It appears like vermaelen has more technique and composure in front of goal than our strikers.

Swish

Established Member
Eduardo has spurned plenty of chances lately sure enough, but Arshavin hasn't exactly been clinical either. Today was yet another goal scored by a midfielder. I haven't checked stats, but I'd say that at least 80% of our goals this season have been scored by everyone but the front 3. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a higher percentage than that.

Top Bottom