• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

strongest national team in the world

who is the strongest National team ?

• France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brazil

• Argantina

• Spain

• Italy

• Germany

• Holland

• England

• Total voters

Aussie

Established Member
I would have to go for France but Brazil aint very far behind.

However where is Australia on that list. WHo would think a side that has made the world cup once deserves to get a mention.

skart14

France - favourites to win the european cup... good young players coming through

Brazil - great attacking prowess but can struggle against extremely defensive teams

Argentina- lost it

Spain- has great potential but screws up at the big tourneys

Italy- relies too much on certain players(i.e. vieri)

Germany- lost it

Holland- talented individuals...no team spirit

England- few players short of a class team

To sum it up... i would look towards france at the present..

Sammer

Established Member
In the current state, Germany should not be on that list (besides for humourous reasons) - rather put Czechoslovakia or Sweden up there...

KingReyes

Established Member
Aussie said:
I would have to go for France but Brazil aint very far behind.

France are the best, they have so many quality players and they play well as a team. Not saying that Brazil don't but they have too many individuals.

Aussie said:
However where is Australia on that list. WHo would think a side that has made the world cup once deserves to get a mention.

Agreed, Australia should be on that list!!! We ain't just good at cricket you know. :wink:

bobbypires

Established Member
A team with Pires, Henry and Vieira has to be the best in the world. ;D

Spain in the list? Good one. :lol:

Soler

Established Member
Based on talent alone? The Dutch following the French (see how many that confuses ;)). But, we all know the Dutch lack one thing you need in football - team work.

France should win Euro 2004 though. Wouldn't be surprised if the final is France against Holland at all!

Ak

imo it has to be france!

stong attack, strong defence; while other teams have on or the other, they have both.

Mark

Established Member
France and Brazil. France may have the better team on paper with class all over the pitch but you can't critisize Brazil. They play so well as a national side. They have this natural understanding with each other.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Its really difficult to choose between France and Brazil. France have got a core of truly world-class players such as Henry, Zidane, Pires, Vieira, Makelele, Trezeguet and also have the likes of Silvestre, Gallas, Sagnol, Rothen, Govou, Anelka, Marlet, Giuly, Pedretti, Dacourt, Mexes, Cisse, Saha, Boumsong and Wiltord. Lizarazu and Desailly are getting on and some would call them a liability. On the other hand Brazil have Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Diego, Robinho, Emerson, Rivaldo, Cafu, Gilberto, Renato, Kleberson and Roberto Carlos. The Dutch have a great bunch of individuals experienced and young. Davids, Makaay, van Nistelrooy, Seedorf, Kluivert, van der Sar, Zenden, Stam and Overmars provide the experience and with the potential of the likes of Sneijder, van der Vaart, Robben and van Persie the future looks very good for the Dutch.
Spain usually flatter to deceive but with Raul, Baraja, Vicente, Torres, Valeron, Tristan, Joaquin, Puyol, Salgado, Helguera, Luque and our very own Reyes they can't be discounted.
The Czech Republic are very strong and will be amongst the favourites to win Euro 2004. Hardly surprising then they've got Nedved, Jankulovski, Baros, Rosicky, Cech and Koller in their squad.
The Portuguese also have an array of talent. They have experience in the form of Luis Figo, Rui Costa, Nuno Gomez, Fernando, Couto, Deco, Ferreira, Valente, Pauleta, Paulo Sousa and Vitor Baia and scinitillating youngsters like Cristiano Ronaldo, Tiago, and Quaresma.
Argentina also have some great players like Crespo, Kily Gonzalez, Saviola, Samuel, Riquelme, Solari, Veron and Zanetti but I don't think their in France and Brazil's league.
Then there's England with Beckham, Owen, Campbell, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Cole, Scholes, Lampard, Terry and Rooney in their ranks. England are very good on their day but I don't think their quite as good as Portugal, Holland, Argentina, Spain and the Czechs. However I think Engand at the moment are better then Italy.

Adam

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Based on talent alone? The Dutch following the French (see how many that confuses ;)). But, we all know the Dutch lack one thing you need in football - team work.

France should win Euro 2004 though. Wouldn't be surprised if the final is France against Holland at all!

The Dutch do not have the best talent imo. I can say confidently that Van Nistelrooy, Davids and Robben do not compare to Henry, Vieira, and Zidane. Add Trezeguet and Pires in there and it is a joke, and the French defence can potentially be the strongest in the world with England's. The Dutch do have the 3rd best team in the world on paper, however.

For me, it goes:

France, Brazil, Holland, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Czech's, England, Germany.

KoLo28

Based on the World Cup Brazil, however on paper France, we all know that football isn't played on paper, shall be an interesting competition.

thegame24

Established Member
Dont base on World Cup, thats was a joke.

This is tough.

France and holland i feel can replace great players with other great players better than anyone.

Brazil have such great forwards that always perform when it matters, they also produce great players every world cup.

Argentina, well too many of them play the italian way and its screwed them up. I do still think that they only need one superstar like they did with maradona. For now though i think they are boring.

Oh yea Italy are class, they just lack pace and are too defensive.

France have the best first 11 so i say france.

Basically

France, Brazil, Italy, Holland, Argentina

are the five best in the world for me.

I dont rate Spain that high, good team but not great.

England, just not good enough.

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:

I know what you mean any side that has Ruud in it aint going to thrive on team work.

Soler

Established Member
Adam said:
Mad Jens said:

The Dutch do not have the best talent imo. I can say confidently that Van Nistelrooy, Davids and Robben do not compare to Henry, Vieira, and Zidane. Add Trezeguet and Pires in there and it is a joke, and the French defence can potentially be the strongest in the world with England's. The Dutch do have the 3rd best team in the world on paper, however.

For me, it goes:

France, Brazil, Holland, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Czech's, England, Germany.

You're probably right - I've always had this admiration of Holland and have always rated them highly (probably far too highly sometimes, like this). What about for up and coming talent?

On the Dutch side you have Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, our own Van Persie, etc. but the French have players like Mexes, our own Aliadiere and Clichy ( 8) ), etc.

Jinn

Established Member
The problem with the Dutch is that for all their talent, they don't play together as a team. Brazil may have less individual talent sprinkled throughout the team, but the way they play together and make each other look good speaks volumes for their success.

France have a good mix of both teamwork and indiviudal brilliance, and on their day can be unstoppable.

IW8

Sorry but I went for consistancy and longevity and on that score there's only one winner BRAZIL.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom