• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sunderland v Arsenal | EPL | Sat 18th Sep 2010 17:30 | ESPN

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Away to Sunderland is where our attention turns to now :) There will be alot of confidence flowing through alot of our attackers, so hopefully they can carry this into what might be a tighter game.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Re: Sunderland v Arsenal | EPL | Sat 18th Sep 2010 17:30

you like starting these threads dont ya ooh!

i shall be in orlando so will have to find some pub or stream for this

just 3 points no matter how we get 'em will do me!

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

I won't be able to watch this match either as it's the day I'm moving off to uni and I might not find the time to watch it/all of it :|

Timleaf

Established Member

I hope TV is back and Song will need to tighten the defensive side of his game up.

Good news that Cattermole is out.

Lord Dula

Established Member

ah moving away to uni really tugs at the heart strings, i blubbered my way all up the M1 to freshers week

you be careful during that, drink responsibly, none of that purple nasty/snakebite stuff, if you're gonna do it with someone you met 30 minutes ago, for goodness sake make sure you practice safe sex, oasis is great for hangovers, put a zany poster in your room to fit in, careful not to overload on carbs, too much chips and pasta can have ya tipping the scales in no time, and wotever you do, dont forget about this lovely online haven! ;)

otfgoon

Established Member

Lets make it 7 this time!

Joking aside, I really do hope we can comprehensively beat Sunderland by playing terrific football, and prove we really are that good.

Kain

Established Member

Lord Dula said:
you like starting these threads dont ya ooh!

Hmm as it stands... Armor for Sleep made the Pool thread which was a lacklustre performance, Ohh's made the Blackburn thread a solid grind for three points.

...but -Shaun- is flying ahead with the Blackpool, Bolton & Braga threads, think he's got a bit lucky making the home game threads but still... he better be ready for the Chelsea 'New Topic' thread button in a few weeks with results like that!

fabo

6.51 / 10

Ugghh, really hate Sunderland away. Tough one.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Hoping that we carry the free-scoring ability. Sunderlands never been our fav place to go, so would be nice to beat/demolish them.

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
I won't be able to watch this match either as it's the day I'm moving off to uni and I might not find the time to watch it/all of it :|

Its a 17;30 KO, you should have some time to move in & find a pub :wink:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

thats game will be hard and very good test for kosh chamakh and squillaci

if we win there i will be happy cuz hard to beat sunderland in they stadium

i will go :

Big al

Sagna-Kos-Tv5-Clichy

Song

Cesc-nasri

Rozza-Chamakh-Arshavin but am really hoping vela start

hope we get 3 points

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Sunderland away. Always a tough ground for us. Will take any sort of win

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member

We lost there last season after winning 7? games in a row. Not again please!

AshburtonGhost

Although we were running with a front three of Nasri, Eduardo and Rosicky; goal-scoring impotence personified. It SHOULD be different this time around.

outlaw_member

Established Member

Would like to see Denilson alongside Cesc for this one, with Song anchoring. Wilshere shouldn't be pushed too hard, and he's already played alot more than I thought he would.

nazo

Established Member

I don't have a good feeling about this one. Don't ask me why.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

nazo said:
I don't have a good feeling about this one. Don't ask me why.

cuz we lost last season i think but we will win am sure for that we are in form

bigtimetopbanana

If I remember last year's game correctly, Lorik Cana strangled our midfield last year and made most of us wish we had signed him. I guess that Cattermole is suspended. So I think their midfield will not be strong enough to stifle us this weekend. Malbranque loves playing against us, and Al-Muhammadi has been impressive this season. How Clichy copes with him might be key.

Even though they've impressed this year, I think a defence containing Titus Bramble, Phil Bardsley and Anton Ferdinand will be spliced and diced by our mobile forwards.

I reckon we'll win 2-1. Fab and Nas to score. Bent to get a penalty.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict

Will be a test and should be an interesting game in many aspects. This might sound extremely arrogant, but I'm really not too worried about this one with so many of our players in-form.

OneProudGooner

Established Member

I think we're definitely more well equipped to cope than last season where we without RVP and Bendtner, without Cattermole there should be more space in midfield and it's not after a international break.
It won't be easy though they were quite strong at home last season and they've strengthened their squad but Craig Gordon is still out injured.

bigtimetopbanana said:
Even though they've impressed this year, I think a defence containing Titus Bramble, Phil Bardsley and Anton Ferdinand will be spliced and diced by our mobile forwards.

Including Richardson at LB they kept a clean sheet against City :lol: although City had their chances.

otfgoon

Established Member

OneProudGooner said:
without Cattermole there should be more space in midfield

Would have been even more space if he was available and inevitably got sent off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom