• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sunderland vs. Arsenal - Premier League - Sun 11th May 3pm

nazo

Established Member
Fabianskiiiiii
Eboue-Gallas-Toure-Clichy
Walcott-Denilson-Song-Traore
Bendtner-Ade

Come on Wenger you know you want to do it.

ZanYGooneR

adam79 said:
stiiphunn said:
Looking forward for the line up. There may be a few surprises. Hopefully we'll end the season in style.

Is the game the same day as chelsea and man u's games? because if so then i may not be able to watch it on tv. they'll probably show man u and chelsea unfortunatly.

You're right they aren't showing our game, sky are showing the Man U and Chelsea games. I'm going to have to settle with listening to it on ATVO.

Well this game was scheduled to be shown on Setanta, I checked the tv guide and for 3pm sunday it's got "A Live Premiership Match" but doesn't say who it's going to be. But I know Arsenal was scheduled.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Most meaningless game of the season. In all my years as a gunner I have few times felt so little excitement before a game.

Formation - Let the kids play. Were going to be seeing a lot of them next season so we might as well get used to it.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Not me. I take pleasure in every Arsenal game; there are always things to look for and take an interest in.

Not to mention that, even though we''ll end up with squat, a win will be a nice way to end the season.

kamikaze80

Established Member
wilsheres 16, hes not ready yet. let him grow some chest hair before we start asking him to compete against premiership footballers.

my feeling is that wengers putting gibbs and randall on the subs bench hoping to get them some time at the end of the match to show them off and maybe sell them. theres no room on the wings for either of them here but they could probably be solid players somewhere else, a la seb larsson and sidwell.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wahheey, finally the chance to see Traore on the left and Gibbs starting.

My starting XI:

Fabianski
Eboue, Song, Kolo, Gibbs
Walcott, Denilson, Gilberto, Traore
Bendtner, Adebayor

Sub: Mannone, Hoyte, Djourou, Randall, Barazite

Frankly, my lineup looks kinda weak for an away match in the North. Realistically, Gibbs and Traore should play on the wing each half, with Clichy staying behind them. But I rather Clichy to rest this match.

gunner_down_under

Play Flamini and Hleb in the centre, and pay Roy Keane a million pounds to put himself in the centre and do a Haaland on these ****s!

banduan

Established Member
Hleb is out for the season folks.

It would indeed be nice to give Gibbs some premiership action. Him and Barazite are the closest to the top among our reserves.

Clarkey

I'd be very tempted if I was Arsène to give Gibbs the starting role on the left and then Wilkshere a run for at least half hour. I know young Jack is in danger of getting overly hyped too quickly, but why not give him a crack? Who knows, he could adjust more quickly then we expect. Even if he was to struggle, it's all experience.

Rohit

Established Member
Morale will be low with Flamini already signed for AC and Hleb rumoured strongly to leave. This will be one boing game.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Disagree, its very important. We dont want to get the team, mentality wrong and get battered 4-0 like a couple of times this season
Our boys should know that Sunderland would be really up for this, their players want to give the fans a nice send off to the season and hope for the new one. Their playing for their futures as keane continues to axe deadwood and looks to re-shape

Fans are going to be loud, a sell out because The Arsenal is in town. So for them its like going to a theatre to see a 5 star play. Our away boyz always turn up

Lets see how our boys cope in this match, its important we still get the 3 points to get as close to the top 2 as possible. Ok were out the race but it still has significance for the table at the end of season when people draw analysis

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Although we will reinforce in that department in the summer, im looking forwar to watching Our defence as they will play a huge part in the final result. Think gallas and toure will be rested due to them being in internationals during the summer. Well see song and senderos/djourou.
If the defence plays well, we'll win, if they look disfigured we'll lose

ricky1985

Established Member
I want to see a big performance on Sunday. Some real attacking verve.

Line-up;

-------------------Fabianski

---------------Song--------Gallas
Hoyte------------------------------------Clichy

-------------Denilson------Diaby
Walcott---------------------------------Traore

-------------Bendtner
-----------------------------Adebayor

Kain

Established Member
Looking on these forums today is like listening to a funeral dirge... then again i didnt expect any 'Happy, happy, joy, joy!'

I've been hoping to see Barazite in the first team but its not happened he would of been the main contender to get in the first team from what i've seen and heard of the reserves/youth's.

Its one thing to have the media put all these storys with no substance or proof out there but another to have the fan base to buy into them completly like what has been happening of late, our Away fans have been awesome this season so whatever happens i hope they give them something to cheer about as the Sunderland atmosphere is pretty intimidating. A clean sheet would be nice but im not getting my hopes up with such a rediculously young and inexperienced team to no doubt be played asking for clean sheets away might be to big of an ask.

Im going for a 2:1 win should Ade play.

Top Bottom