• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sydney FC v Arsenal | 11.00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Welbeck's performance didn't bother me too much, he could have easily bulldozed those defenders if he wanted.

Walcott's finishing was slightly concerning though. Other than that it was mainly the younger players putting the effort in to get noticed.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
I was at the game, decent seats but the atmosphere where I was sitting was a bit lacking. Regardless, absolutely surreal to see Arsenal in the flesh, I'll be forever happy knowing that we were the first ever crowd to see Lacazette score his first goal in Arsenal colours.
Cringe moment when the stadium announcer announced Lacazette's name after scoring as "Lacazetti". Our new Italian striker.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Am I reading well, some saying Coq was bad yesterday? Talking about this game only, he did very well.

Willock is my Motm, which I didnt expect really. Nelson did fantastic also.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I thought Coq was alright as well, nothing great but not bad. I don't get people reaffirming their belief to keep Giroud just because Welbeck was woeful. Giroud was completely invisible, at leaest Welbeck got about and made his presence felt.

Song Billong

Am I reading well, some saying Coq was bad yesterday? Talking about this game only, he did very well.

Willock is my Motm, which I didnt expect really. Nelson did fantastic also.

Coquelin was good. Very pro-active and tried to make things happen both offensively and defensively.

Some of the player bashing by the clown posters on here is laughable.

Arsenal in Aus

Coquelin was good. Very pro-active and tried to make things happen both offensively and defensively.

Some of the player bashing by the clown posters on here is laughable.
Coquelin played well enough, but against dismal opposition. A guy who (presumably) makes more than the whole of the opposition team put together should completely dominate, and he certainly didn't do that.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

80% of the match was Arsenal vs Sydney,s goalkeeper. He almost managed them all. He is a very difficult to beat guy.
Speaking of Lacazette I think Alexis, if he stays, has a genuine competition there.

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member
I thought Coq was alright as well, nothing great but not bad. I don't get people reaffirming their belief to keep Giroud just because Welbeck was woeful. Giroud was completely invisible, at leaest Welbeck got about and made his presence felt.

Welbeck has his strengths admittedly, but there is a stark difference in goal threat between the two players. Not to mention their contrasting fitness records. It's only sensible to want a durable and reliable second striker over what will be a long season. And that's what Giroud can be.

BobP

Memri Fan
Walcott just isn't a natural footballer. Looks like he's still going through mental cues on the field.

That is as opposed to having his actions become automated or instinctual.

Even though it was only a preseason friendly, the difference between a Lacazette and a Walcott is already striking. Many others have already pointed to how Lacazette shuffled his feet before slotting away his goal, that's what I mean by instinct. He surveyed the situation and made an adjustment which took a split second.

The funny thing about the Sydney FC GK is that he has a few blunders in him. He's barely good enough for the A League and yet we made him look WC.

Gooner_girl14

80% of the match was Arsenal vs Sydney,s goalkeeper. He almost managed them all. He is a very difficult to beat guy.
Speaking of Lacazette I think Alexis, if he stays, has a genuine competition there.
Interestingly enough, Redmayne had a trial with Arsenal 12 years ago as a 16year old. Got overlooked for Szczesny.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He was very good yesterday, you could clearly see his determination and 'you shall not pass' attitude, although Arsenal dominated the entire game. The young players were impressive, I would mention in particular Cohen Bramall, I was truly impressed by his game.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Very pleased by the young players. Their movement and decision making looked sharp and you could tell that a lot of it was automatic and not forced, so well done to the coaches too. I think it was Nelson who was played out of his usual position and said in an interview that he'd got used to it after a week of training! I love that attitude and application. A good start to the pre season.

logic DC

Bramall is potentially what we were Gibbs would be. wonder how Theo feels like when he sees babies like Nelson playing at 60% yet still out doing him, Nelson is like a more explosive Sane. I was really impressed by Joe Willock too that kid has that thing that we call a football brain.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Tbf to Welbeck, he had presence and it's the first game of the pre-season so I'm not gonna judge his **** ups too badly until after the Emirate Cups. Walcott though just makes those type of mistakes and poor finishes consistently all year long. We should just give this guy a rolling 6 month contract, it's the only way he performs at top level.

logic DC

Tbf to Welbeck, he had presence and it's the first game of the pre-season so I'm not gonna judge his **** ups too badly until after the Emirate Cups. Walcott though just makes those type of mistakes and poor finishes consistently all year long. We should just give this guy a rolling 6 month contract, it's the only way he performs at top level.
he has never perforned at a top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom