• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I doubt there is an Arsenal fan anywhere who wants Kroenke as owner. I thought the fact I said I HATE to defend the owners made my stance clear. My point was we have had money to spend and we've spent it badly, that was a response to people saying Kroenke doesnt give us money to spend.

The money we have spent has not come from Kroenke. It has come from the club itself.

You will not win the league these days without the owner injecting funds.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The team who just won the league didn't need owner funding?
And Leicester.

Either way there’s no way around smart recruitment and selling, plus theres FFP.

Our owner is rubbish but I don’t think our self sustaining model is entirely to blame.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The money we have spent has not come from Kroenke. It has come from the club itself.

I said we've had money and spent it badly, this is true! I didnt say the money was from Kroenke!

I didnt even mention this but seeing as you have, this is your view, you cant say this is fact! The PL has been won before without direct finances from the owner, and it could be done again.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Your post saying that we bought the wrong players for too much money is valid, but who hired the ****s that made these signings, and why are some of them still here?
This arsehole of an owner is not going anywhere either.

He may extend the repayment schedules beyond 2029 and 2031, so that's not going anywhere.

Also, and much more worryingly, the £500m loan that he took out with Deutsche Bank to buy Usmanov's shares is maturing in August, so very possible that the new loan will be linked to the refinancing of his existing loan, so we may have to pay the cost of that £500M as well, so we have to finance £700M of his investment in The Arsenal.

That, in my book is a leveraged buy out.

The man is a ****, a ****ing ****, a total and utter ****, in fact a **** of the highest order.
****, ****, ****, ****, ****ing American wig-wearing ****!
Jokes on him if he does that. He would basically be killing the equity value of Arsenal and therefore his own investment if he saddled us with his debts.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I may be too cynical, but when you see the rise of Manchester City, and Chelsea for that matter. It has come about with massive injections of funds from their owner.

With the current state of our squad, you'll be an optimist for believing that we can catch up without injection of funds from our owner.

I do agree though that the money has to spent wisely, and this we can improve.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Club proposing 55 redundancies

Would love to know how much this is actually saving the club, since - depending on the ammount - our billionaire owners could easily pay this out of pocket and not feel them lighter one bit.

Not only is it the right thing to do, but it'd also get them much needed good ill from fans.

The club should not be solely a business enterprise, but this is also a community. Can only imagine what kind of stunt they're about to pull with season-ticket holders.

El Duderino

Seriously though, when you're that rich you should have a moral obligation to stand by the people that make you so, and the marginal losses the Kroenke's would take here are nothing when you take his US$8.3+ billion estimated valuation into account.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I like how they kept mentioning they’re doing it to be able to invest in the squad :lol:

Nobody knows who the 55 redundancies are... could be some players. More than likely its stewards and such who aren't needed right now and have been paid for the past few months whilst sitting on their backsides doing nothing. Chef's and such for boxes as well probably a part of it.

They could've axed a hell of a lot more jobs...

TriniGunner

Seriously though, when you're that rich you should have a moral obligation to stand by the people that make you so, and the marginal losses the Kroenke's would take here are nothing when you take his US$8.3+ billion estimated valuation into account.

I thought similarly until I dived deeper into the world of leadership and management. Morality doesn't put fuel in the G6. It doesn't help you drive out the Mercedes dealership and it certainly doesn't give you the edge in the stock market.

El Duderino

I thought similarly until I dived deeper into the world of leadership and management. Morality doesn't put fuel in the G6. It doesn't help you drive out the Mercedes dealership and it certainly doesn't give you the edge in the stock market.

I'm well aware that morality and money don't go together, mate. It's me venting more than anything.

But when you support a club it's about values, community, that something more, you know? And I understand that we're a business, etc., but this is just disguting as far as the club looking out for their own.

Manberg

Predator
So Kroenke wouldn’t even invest to keep 55 low paid jobs, there is no hope that he will help the club with finances for transfers.

Top Bottom