• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm still waiting for a loan so we can buy our targets. He's already had £6m for advisory services as a sign of our goodwill. Tight fisted creature.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Denver Nuggets go in to the western conference finals
Good times starting for KSE teams?:rolleyes:

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Never understood the boards decision to sell their shares to this guy, even when we were flirting around playing Friendly's at his training facilities, I thought it was just some weird American crossover to help push our brand over there,

one of the most fraudulent billionaires out there, all his money is assets based purely off his purchase of sports franchises and his links to the Waltons, disgraceful decisions by the board all round Mr. Peter (we dont want there sort)Hill-wood, Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith, Fiszman even David Dein all have a hand in this mess.....

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If I remember correctly (it’s been years I could be wrong), Dein brought in Usmanov. He was also against the Emirates and proposed we moved to Wembley instead.

I will need to fact check this though.

Edit: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/50210/Dein-tells-Gunners-sell-to-Usmanov

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3084518.stm

Yeah I remembered it spot on.

Those crusty board members just didn’t want to sell to the “dodgy Russian”. Board members like that is why this country voted for Brexit.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
Dein had the most important influence on who Arsenal is today. First by reaching out and getting Wenger to join us. Secondly by introducing Kroenke to the Board and Arsenal ownership then thirdly by helping to bring usmanov in and trying to oust Kroenke which led to the board blocking Usmanov from ever having any voting rights or seat on the board. He invariably screwed us over by bringing in Kroenke because he wanted someone who had billions that could compete with Abramovich. He changed his toon when he realized that Kroenke was not going to invest and started to push Usmanov by which time Kroenke had worked his way into the boards good graces and those shareholders were quick to sell.

The underinvestment in the team over the last decade can be attributed to the conduct of David Dein and Stanley Kroenke along with the previous board members.

Manberg

Predator
Self sustaining model is fine. FSG hardly invest in Liverpool either. We’ve spent a lot of money over the last 8 or so years. Issue is it’s often been spent poorly, wages have been managed poorly and we didn’t get as much as we should’ve from player sales. Gazidis is the one that I blame for the issues that have plagued the club over his tenure. Poor running of the club.

Makavelii

I noticed there is no thread for Stan Kroenke on this board after doing a search. So hopefully this is allowed to stay open and doesn’t turn into trash talk.

I was trying to put myself in his boots and understand why he is so distanced from the club and doesn’t want to invest, yet wants full control of the club. What drives Stan Kroenke?

I wasn’t aware till I read the other day that Stan is actually by some distance the third wealthiest club owner after Man City and Chelsea.

• Maybe he thinks the whole transfer fee economy is ridiculous (in his defence, it is) and doesn’t wasn’t any part of it. But if that was the case - why allow all those staff member lay offs earlier this year?
  • If he’s so uninterested in the club and it’s success, why does he want full control of it?
  • Is it purely for making profit for him? Surely a man worth 10 billion dollars doesn’t buy a Football club just as a pure business venture?
  • If it’s about profit, why didn’t he sell his part of the club to Usmanov for a profit?

Anyone have any thoughts on the above or other insights into what drives Stan Kroenke as Arsenal FC owner?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal is a strong asset in his portfolio? Think it’s a strictly business thing. Don’t think he gives a **** about the club, sport, players, don’t think he could name you the manager of Arsenal.

As long as 60K people are in the stadium every week and the books are balanced.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Money drives him. He wont lose money no matter how bad his clubs do. This is why I root against every team this family is involved. It was good watching AD bully them and send them home after the clippers shat the bed. But yeah we are forever doomed with him and I think next2 decades we will be established midtable team at best. may even flirt with relegation

gunnergoa

Kronke has become the the fall guy for everything that is happening at the club.I am not saying that he is not to be blamed,but every deadline day like clockwork starting Kronke rant doesn't make sense. What is he supposed to do when our recruitment has been ****e over the years.

And what lack of transfer money are we talking about.How much did we pay for Thierny,Xakha,Peper,Mustafi,Leno,Auba,Lacazette,Torreira,How much are we paying Luiz,Willian.

Our recruitment for the past decade has been ****e. And that is not his fault no matter what you say. Looh at Liverpool or even Everton or Leichester,Wolves they have improved their standings in the league because of their smart spending. Hell Leichester took a fortnight to replace Kaste with Ndidi, a decade has passes and still we haven't filled in that defensive mid position.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don't blame the Kroenke's as much as I blame the people they hire to run the club, we spend big money just our transfers are never good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom