• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tariq Lamptey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Think I'd prefer us to go for Aarons the young fullback who plays for Norwich. Much more balanced ability wise and can only get better.

benjamin86

Established Member
Think I'd prefer us to go for Aarons the young fullback who plays for Norwich. Much more balanced ability wise and can only get better.
Not seen much of him this season but he was very average last season, he sort of reminded me of Sessegnon.

Reactions: roz

Godwin1

Very well-known
Not seen much of him this season but he was very average last season, he sort of reminded me of Sessegnon.
He's a bit more solid defensivly, last season was his first in the premiership and at 19 he wasn't bad. Just a thought anyway I generally dislike fullbacks who have nothing to offer defensivly.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
This would be a sensational signing. But the kid really throws his body around all over the pitch. Great commitment but he'll spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch if he doesn't alter his game.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Ive seen him play a lot. Never seen him play fullback...and when he did indeed play fullback, he wasnt good enough for chelsea.
He is definitely good enough for Chelsea. It was just between him and Reece James.

They went for the bigger more muscular guy, although James has exceptional delivery, he's too good to not play.

Keplaz

Did he play for Chelsea against us at some point? I remember this but brain could be playing tricks.

He is a great player. Should be back up to Trent for England. Better than Wan Bissaka. He'll be too expensive for us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Did he play for Chelsea against us at some point? I remember this but brain could be playing tricks.

He is a great player. Should be back up to Trent for England. Better than Wan Bissaka. He'll be too expensive for us.

Reece James and Walker are better.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Really fed up hearing people will be too expensive for us. Ffs we spent 70 M on Pepe 50m on Lacazette and 5 months later spent 58m on Aubameyang.

The money is there, it has been there. Like around 2013 we are entering a new phase with spending and constraints. Patience.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can Lamptey defend? I’m not sure, looks a good baller.

Many players are ahead of him for England - Trent, James, Walker, Trippier, even AMN.

Im not sure if Lamptey is better than AMN. I saw AMN under Emery boss it in Europe.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Really fed up hearing people will be too expensive for us. Ffs we spent 70 M on Pepe 50m on Lacazette and 5 months later spent 58m on Aubameyang.

The money is there, it has been there. Like around 2013 we are entering a new phase with spending and constraints. Patience.
Reckon we could get him for 30. AWB went for 45-50. But United get taxed on whoever they buy, plus its a covid market.

Personally I think Lamptey has a higher ceiling than James or Aarons. The one signing we’ve been linked with that I would be happy about.

Goonger

Not sure about the winter, but if we can even do just ok with sales in the summer, then there should be enough to get some players in we need. With that I mean getting reasonable figures for the likes of Chambers, Bellerin, Guendouzi, Torreira, Xhaka, and Lacazette.

That's before what we might have as a budget.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lamptey looks better because of his pace. Similar to Bellerin when he first burst onto the scene. Defensively doesn't look great.

Has to be better right backs out there than Lamptey for the quoted price. Max Aarons probably 10m cheaper and from the little I've seen of him looks potentially better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom