• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Anti-Wish List

Likemusic

Who would be 'top class' striker in your view?
I agree he's not Messi/Ronaldo, but he's definitely on the same level as Lukaku, Kane etc.
He's also perfect for our style of play which is a crucial factor. He'll bang in plenty for us. Think of how much better we play with dat guy Welbz compared with Giroud, then imagine if Welbz had one of the best shot conversions in Europe.
If Lacazette could add some extra dimension to his game, I will consider him as a world class player.
Building on his current abilities, it would be great if he can either: learn a few tricks, or train himself to become half as strong as Drogba.

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
If Lacazette could add some extra dimension to his game, I will consider him as a world class player.
Building on his current abilities, it would be great if he can either: learn a few tricks, or train himself to become half as strong as Drogba.
That 'dimension' would have to be "ability to score ~30 league goals per season"...don't know if there's one singular area that, if improved, would bump him to WC status.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Avoid the overrated hype jobs
Bale
Reus
Barkley
Andre Gomes
Sturridge
Berahino

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Avoid the overrated hype jobs
Bale
Reus
Barkley
Andre Gomes
Sturridge
Berahino

we'd be crazy to not sign Bale

but we should if so stick him at LWB :p
Kola can play LCB then

I would also gamble on Reus tbh
good if we switch to 4231 sometimes but he could play any AM or striker position

I'd go with Gomes to
pretty versatile as a CM, tecchnical yet big, could cover CB to? atleast RWB

Reus and Gomes are GREAT squadplayers because they free up several requirements so we can let some dross go

tcahill

Jonny Evans. Sort of signing people will call 'useful'.

Would become the Walcott of our defence.

Agreed. We might as well play Chambers, or if we want a temporary CB solution buy Howedes (same age as Evans, twice as good and probably cheaper).
Or you know, just pay 20 mill more and get Van Dijk.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Jonny Evans. Sort of signing people will call 'useful'.

Would become the Walcott of our defence.

As just a signing, I have no problem with him

he is an upgrade on Monreal, Chambers and even Per probably at this stage, perhaps Holding to

but as a Mustafi replacement? severly underwhelming

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Butland - English keepers are rubbish, he's nothing special.

Sokratis - I wanted him years ago, this season he's reminded me of Mustafi, stay away.

Fekir - Don't think he's got the pace for English football, not needed with Özil here and would be a waste of money.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Butland - English keepers are rubbish, he's nothing special.

Sokratis - I wanted him years ago, this season he's reminded me of Mustafi, stay away.

Fekir - Don't think he's got the pace for English football, not needed with Özil here and would be a waste of money.

Agree with Fekir too, we don't need another of his type here, basically an inside forward, sometimes a 10/second striker or a wide playmaker. If we're signing an attacker then he has to be a pure winger for me.

Crocrodile

Manolas, Sokratis, Fekir, Evans, Ducoure, Horn, Leno, cheap GKs with limited athletic ability that are undersized, CAMs and inverted wingers...

TheEconomist

Established Member
Bring Cesc back home and make him the captain!!!

If the club do the above i promise i won't complain about the manager or Kroenke for at least a year

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Manolas and Koulibaly - very over hyped in main stream media and error prone.

Jonny Evans - Chambers and Holding are already better than him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom