• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Emirates Cup: Saturday, 29th July 2017, 16:20 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hardly an indirect. Saw a number of posts, didn't bother quoting anyone as I forgot who made the remarks in the first place and just wanted confirmation. Trust me, I don't do indirects. I would call you out and have a debate.
Fair enough mate, the second paragraph wasn't fully directed at you but I didn't want to double post.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Staying away from this player agenda business. Seo, Theo and Nelson had encouraging perforamances today.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Iwobi did missplace passes and had some poor touches, but having looked at him a bit closer; I dont think he had that bad of a game after all. Most of those 'mistakes' were actually a very good ideas. He was moving well, always an option. Had a wonderful one touch assist that Theo messed up with an offside (Nelson was onside and ready to take it). another thing of beauty was when he calmly reacted when under pressure of two Benfica players, deep into our own half, by keepin the ball and passing it perfectly in between those 2. His goal was weLl taken also.
Again, his movement off the ball was spot on, made things easier for players around him with opening space and taking defenders away.

BobP

Memri Fan
If I had an agenda against a player, and they proved me wrong, I'd be ecstatic because by proving me wrong that would mean they're putting in stronger performances which can only be great for the team.

It's literally win/win. Either my views are vindicated if they continue failing or they prove me wrong and the club is doing better.

On the game:

I'm not exactly sure how Benfica have been tracking over the preseason but they tailed off towards the 2nd half. We essentially had our way with them. Some off the passing combinations (Including Iwobi's goal) looked like stuff straight from the training ground. The lack of pressure was made evident by the fact that players like Walcott and Elneny were able to do what they wanted.

1. Nelson is absolute quality. A natural footballer. Hasn't even been playing in his natural position. He's already a better crosser than most of the other wide players on our list.

2. Kolasinac is a beast. Comparisons to Ivanovic were a disservice to him. We're talking about an incredibly strong, aggressive player who can run up and down the line all day. He also attacks with real conviction.

3. I'm really liking the look of Iwobi. Looks like he's both ready and wants to take the next step in his development. There's real verve in his player.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Looks as if I missed a very enjoyable game! Bit annoying I was out kissing girls and drinking to much. However, from what I gather Kola was really good, got 3 assists I think? More than the best number 10 Mesut had all last season I believe. Anyway, I also gather Nelson is winning the Ballon D'or??? I'm still drunk.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
Looks as if I missed a very enjoyable game! Bit annoying I was out kissing girls and drinking to much.
GracefulHarmlessDoctorfish.gif

leave Quest alone - without this match I wouldn't have known they're showing later tonight a programme about the Spanish Civil War, which is a particular interest of mine

a whole new watching experience is opening up for me
Was watching this video over coffee when I remembered your post. Discussion of the effect of the Civil War on modern Spanish politics starts at 32 mins, thought it might interest you.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
[QUOTE="Carlo Marx, post: 4387531, member: 92958
Was watching this video over coffee when I remembered your post. Discussion of the effect of the Civil War on modern Spanish politics starts at 32 mins, thought it might interest you.
[/QUOTE]
thanks for that - very interesting

I did a PHD some years ago on the way Spain was perceived down the ages by the Brits, and the effect those perceptions had on public opinion about the War

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I really couldn't care less about a pre season game, especially one against a very strong opposition that beats us by a wonderstrike-esque goal.

For what it's worth, the next two games vs Chelsea and Leicester will really show us where we are.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I really couldn't care less about a pre season game, especially one against a very strong opposition that beats us by a wonderstrike-esque goal.

For what it's worth, the next two games vs Chelsea and Leicester will really show us where we are.
Here's to hoping Wenger has remembered that this is next weekend and we are 'well prepared'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom