• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The minimum expectations for a successful season: 19/20 edition

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I am genuinely a little concerned about relegation :lol:

On paper we have many good players, but at the moment most don’t look up for the fight, which is a must really in England...most of our players are clearly half-assing it for one reason or another, and we are regularly getting dominated...think we will not go down, just a little worried.

As others have said, wouldn’t mind no European football next year, jusr start from scratch in the summer.

arsmile

Established Member
the whole priority of this season should be just to get the youngsters as much time on the pitch as possible.

we might as well see if there's anything in a holding-chambers partnership

get Saka/Willock/nelson/smithrowe/martinelli/guendouzi on the pitch

see what development you can get over the year...

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Having some identity and actually appearing like we're headed in the right direction by the end of the season. I think we can forget about top 4 and EL will be a huge task this year.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Defensive improvement. Think top 4 will be a stretch without massive investment.
Lmao I misread the thread and thought we were talking about next season. This year, I’d be ecstatic if we qualified for the EL again, but would settle for a top ~10 finish with marked development of the young guns.

Underhill

I don't want us to end the season with a hopeless team. I want us to build something during these 6 months, that with a good preseason and some recruitment stand a chance to fight for top4 next season.

Play the kids as long as they show ambition. I rather watch an uneven, naive 11 than something that don't give a ****.

GoonerJay24

We are seven points off top four, if we bring in a top coach soon then anything is possible

Got to get rid of 1 or two players and sign better replacements

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
For me, a successful season points more towards our movements off the field of play in addition to what happens on it. Off the field takes more importance for me.

The following applies to the rest of this season and the summer before next season.

Off the pitch
  • Clear roles and responsibilities defined for Edu, Raul and co.
  • Appointments of proper football persons behind the scenes. I would actually go and get someone like Sven Mislintat back.
  • The appointment of a top class manager, who is proven over time with a team with average financial resources. This manager must be young and have a clearly defined style of play and approach to games on the field. My personal preference would be someone in the summer, with Freddie guiding us until then.
  • A clear plan to back the incoming manager financially, with quality signings right through the team. In addition should there be a plan of action and targets linked to this plan (quality squad built, top four finishes, league challenge). This point doesnt need to be announced by the club.
On the pitch
  • 50 points for the season (that translates to 10 more wins)
  • Give Freddie some staff to work with, with a focus on defensive organisation as he is my man to take us to the end of the season. Get people like Martin Keown in (who helped us during our 2006 CL run), and other smart people who can assist us with our survival strategy.
  • Give more time to our youth players, to prepare them for more first team contributions during the 20/21 season.
A rough plan in my mind, giving us time to prepare for next year and beyond. We cannot afford to much this next appointment up. We need a proven person who can work under our conditions.
Pretty much everything I would have said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom