• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The new penalty kick taker

ModeratelyVacant

I think there's more determination if a player unrelated to the penalty incident takes the resulting penalty. If a player's fouled in the box the penalty will be part of that ordeal, and the fans will put that player off more too. I dunno, might be Wenger's belief.

The Mini

Makes sense to have free-kick takers for both sides, more chance of more goals. Also it means Henry can head them in when Reyes takes them

Henry's Girl

thierrys_girl said:
Thierry has proven himself to us as a amazing taker of free kicks as well as penalties, he should keep that job and maybe sometimes give Reyes a go but first Reyes has to settle in to the english game.
Thank you
whats next.... rey rey shd be the captain?

Biggus

Established Member
I remember Lauren rolled in a cheeky one againest s***s last year, but with the knock out stages of the CL and FA cup comming up it dosnt hurt having plenty of good takers.

Biggus

Established Member
Also on the other hand as an ex- keeper I dont like the way Jens moves from side to side it doesnt seem very effective, :( surely it would be better to just make himself even bigger than he already is. Spunky had more sucess, thoughts anyone? :mrgreen:

thegame24

Established Member
yep every time he done that side to side in the c shield he conceded. once he stopped he saved one. he should just stand and guess. seaman was the king of pens.

oh yea i think i also remember the reason why wenger doesnt want the fouled player to take pens. he says they are too shaken up and rattled to be able to concentrate on the pen. you may think to your self what about other teams they dont seem shaken up, well thats cause they DIVE.

Andrew

thegame24 said:
have no idea.

wenger said it after the Sp**s game in 02 or 03 cant remember.

pires takes them when henry is fouled.

this year henry hasnt won a pen thats why hes taken them all.

The one against Everton you can argue that Henry won that one.

orion

Biggus said:
Also on the other hand as an ex- keeper I dont like the way Jens moves from side to side it doesnt seem very effective, :( surely it would be better to just make himself even bigger than he already is. Spunky had more sucess, thoughts anyone? :mrgreen:

Then again, he's done the job with Van Diver aka Man As A Horse, but that doesn't count these days, does it? :lol:

pete66

Posted by ChiReyes: I am the happy man but and but the sad one simultaneously. I let the best equipment of Spain to go to the best one of England. and ami I roast the day but sad 27-1-04 Jose Antonio leaves the club to us but not corason.
Just been tryin to read the forum at joseantonioreyes.com. Sounds like they're mostly being philosophical bout it, which is good, I'm sure Sevilla will find somethin to do with the cash. I can't wait to see tonights game!

neebz

Why don't Henry and Reyes both play a trickery while going for free kicks.
I haven't seen Reyes free kicks yet, but if he is even half good of Henry then i guess the trickery will really work :D

nEEbz

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom