• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The people v Gilles Grimandi

Is Grimandi the worst scout of all time?

• Yes

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Mate of mine at Uni was convinced that Hazard was only good because of Gervinho at Lille.

I remember when Wenger played him up front out of desperation one year and he kept telling me his Henry level breakthrough was about to happen :lol:

Gervinho as a false 9 made me a believer :lol:

Lasted like 4 games lol..

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Scored against Chelsea in what was Diaby’s last meaningful game for us... three years before he eventually left :lol:

1355257750059_original.gif

...love the Bradford players reactions :lol:

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
He's Swiss aswell, just to make it weirder :lol:
Yes, it's the altitude here, does strange things to people. Plus the copious amount of top-quality drugs available. Add to that the syphilis and it makes things a lot clearer.

Just as an aside, I don't know what was so bad about the original post, where I said these are the Golden Years.
Should I have put *ironicsmilie* at the end?

Arsenal fans - so entitled.

Reactions: roz

GDeep™

League is very weak
There are bigger bums than Giles at Arsenal now though.

Imagine your club signing Luiz, Cedric, Mari, Torreira, Sokratis etc. Bottom of the barrel business.

Finishing 8 in a year when City lost 10 league games, Utd are managed by Ole and Chelsea had a transfer ban.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There are bigger bums than Giles at Arsenal now though.

Imagine your club signing Luiz, Cedric, Mari, Torreira, Sokratis etc. Bottom of the barrel business.

Finishing 8 in a year when City lost 10 league games, Utd are managed by Ole and Chelsea had a transfer ban.
Did we hire some scouts from Newcastle recently?

Let's play Aubamawang

I voted yes, but I just wonder who scouted Pepe, if anyone?
If he was in fact scouted my vote would go to that person.
Pepe was clearly a panic buy. He does have some talent, so hopefully he puts it all together next year. He can't keep drifting out of games though, else we may as well blood Nelson, since the lad has finally got some of his mojo back.

As for Grimandi, nothing surprises me with him. He wasn't exactly amazing as a player for us, so it's no great shock that a talentless hack cannot spot real talent.

Shalmaneser V

One of the worst players I’ve ever seen in an Arsenal shirt. Had zero technique, composure, etc.. remember when we loaned him to Ajax and the De Boer brothers said he was useless

Players like Yaya Sanogo baffle me. The way they go from goal machines at youth level to looking like they’re robbing a living at senior level and bottom of the league clubs.

How does one manage to get worse and worse as time goes by despite the luxury of top level training methods and facilities and playing with good players?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Players like Yaya Sanogo baffle me. The way they go from goal machines at youth level to looking like they’re robbing a living at senior level and bottom of the league clubs.

How does one manage to get worse and worse as time goes by despite the luxury of top level training methods and facilities and playing with good players?
He would have been bullying players due to his size no doubt. At youth level for France he was also in the same team as Pogba and Kondogbia who would’ve been dominating.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
He would have been bullying players due to his size no doubt. At youth level for France he was also in the same team as Pogba and Kondogbia who would’ve been dominating.
Speaking of Pogba and Kondogbia, didn't sanogo win the U-20 world cup with them in 2013 ?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

he was quite injury prone and missed a lot of development due to it. Youth level and adult leagues are never the same hence why I lost interested in Arsenal youth.

He was rated very highly and tracked by a lot of clubs in his youth, he wasn't good by the time he finally came but I wasn't mad at the signing. Low risk and cheap had a lot of potential. His failure was predictable, and I think he was 3rd/4th choice? could be wrong but yeah no real loss really.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger signing only players his mate to him sign.

You love to see it!

Top Bottom