The Raul Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham Double Act

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Nov 28, 2017.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Nah he only did that for the insane salaries they had for footballers back in the days!

Riou likes this.
  2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

o_Ois this sarcasm?

3. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

These guys are now culpable for me. They've had their chance this national break but they've buried their head in the sands. A pair of charlatans.

Wrighty4eva, Artisan and Tourbillion like this.
  4. Riou

Riou Well-Known Member

Emery isn’t the problem anymore, it’s Raul and co for not sacking him at this stage.

Was so disappointed when Dein left in 2007, miss having someone on the board who I have that much emotion attached too :(

5. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

I have never recalled actually hearing him say anything positive about us for decades, his behavior is that of someone who has cut all his ties with us. So it surprises me to see people suddenly call him an Arsenal loving legend.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  6. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I never took it that far;)

All I am saying is that if he was keen on the job he'd take it seriously. Still, as I said, better options available methinks.

7. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Both should be fired.

Wrighty4eva likes this.
  8. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Dein invited Usmanov AND Kroenke to the club. He created the mess we have right now and i will always hate him because of that.

Artisan likes this.
  9. Riou

Riou Well-Known Member

That was weird...can only assume Dein wanted outside investment in the club, due to how bad our deal with the banks were, and how rich our rivals were...think he thought Stan would invest in some way, giving big Dave the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

10. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

He wanted to become the club's chairman more than anything else.

Riou likes this.
  11. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

The Tweedle dee, tweedle dum act.

12. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Levy has shown you how it's done, over to you lads....

13. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Ex-Troll

Remember calling Raul "Big dick Raul"?

Good times.

These guys look like absolute bеtas rn.

Artisan and Toby Andrl like this.
  14. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

15. Kav

Kav Active Member

It shows you how stupid some fans are and how low their standards are. One big Money signing and they are all over Sanlehi.

You judge someone by the bod of their work and he only had one window. Like all things you assess over time, reserve judgment.

That is why i was never too quick to praise emery and its the same with these two. You have to assess the quality of their work over time.

I'm more concerned about the power play going on behind the scenes which are a distraction from the things that need to be done. Like making a decision to get rid of emery now as opposed to in december.

16. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Even worse, "Big Dick Emery" was also trending. Want to vomit just typing it.

17. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Raul's done nothing wrong, let's be patient...now that Mourinho is of the table, I'm sure we'll have something lined up.

Also all the signings we've made in the summer were pretty much spot on, people were saying it was a 8/10 transfer window, some were saying 9/10. When is the last time anyone has ever said that? (never I don't think).

Biggest issue comes down to Emery completely ruining a very talented set of players. Pepe has gone from Mbappe to Gervinho, Torreria from a mix of Kante/Verratti last season to Dennis Wise. Dani Cebbalos from playing like Iniesta against Burnley to looking like a retired pro playing a charity game.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  18. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

So interesting to watch how people act when things get bad.

[​IMG]

Gooner Zig and Dregen57 like this.
  19. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

Raul is culpable for appointing Emery in the first place and then keeping him despite everyone knowing he‘s not good enough.

Not to mention the farcical hounding out of Sven Mislintat, only to be snubbed by Monchi and then deciding the position is not important anyway.

Artisan and <<reed>> like this.
  20. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

So either Emery is a flop manager who needs to be sacked ASAP, or he's not one and has been screwed over by bad signings. Either way Raul has failed in his responsibilities as football head of Arsenal.