• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Swedish EURO 2004 Team Named

Olofski

Today the Swedish team for EURO 2004 was named!

http://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/land ... p?id=19719

Worth having a look at, our midfield is very interesting, so is our attack!

Note that Michael Svensson, Southampton and Markus Allbäck, Aston Villa are still doubts due to injuries but hopefully they will be available both will play a big part of the team especially Svensson.

brianfrance

Established Member
Nice to see Farnerud (ex Monaco) and Kallstrom (rennes)
But Kallstrom play striker at Rennes, not mildfield !

brianfrance

Established Member
Maybe they will play without RB with a 3-4-3 ?? Lucic is a very good player, will manage the defense IMO.
Swedish team is not as 94's was, with Brolin & co. But a already a good team.

Adam

Established Member
Mellberg and Svensson have been two of the best defenders in England so i expect Sweden to be great defensively. Mjallby and Lucic i have doubts over.

I wouldn't play 3 up front because there are only 2 great strikers there!

JazzG

Established Member
Kallstrom is a player to look out for, could make a name for himself in this tournament. I've been very impressed whenever I've seen him.

brianfrance

Established Member
Surely about Mellberg, I don't remember to have seen Svensson played, so I can't tell anything about him.
About 3 upfront, I'd go for
Ljungberg*****Anderson*** 2 others mildfield
**********Kallstrom*******
Zlatan****Larsson

With Kallstrom on 9 1/2, not really 10, not really 9, as he play for Rennes and score 5 goals this year (the other rennes's striker Frei is doing in best season, with 17 goals, this is one of the reason why kallstrm didn't score more IMO. And he did somes great last passes)

brianfrance

Established Member
JazzG said:
Kallstrom is a player to look out for, good make a name for himself in this tournament. I've been very impressed whenever I've seen him.
I was too. A good player no doubt.

Sammer

Established Member
Good team, no doubt, but still miles behind teams like France, Italy and the Netherlands imo.

KingReyes

Established Member
I thought they did OK in the World Cup. They have some quality players and if things go their way they could make it to the semi's.

Any bets on Mellberg and Ljungberg getting into another scrap! :)

Olofski

Probably and hopefully the startin XI will be:

Goal: Isaksson

LB Erik Edman
CB Olof Mellberg (cpt)
CB Micahel Svensson
RB Teddy Lucic

RM Christian Wilhelmsson
LM Freddie
CM Kim Källström
CM Major doubts here but hopefully Tobias Linderoth

F Henrik Larsson
F Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Personally I think this is a very strong side and our Left and Right midfield can be very interersting.

Adam

Established Member
LB Erik Edman
RB Teddy Lucic

RM Christian Wilhelmsson

These are the weak positions which i feel may cost Sweden. The rest are occupied by players with experience and talent.

Olofski

Adam said:
LB Erik Edman
RB Teddy Lucic

RM Christian Wilhelmsson

These are the weak positions which i feel may cost Sweden. The rest are occupied by players with experience and talent.

I see your point, Lucic is a bit tricky cause he hasn´t been playing a lot, almost nothing at all. The good thing about him is that he hardly never does a bad international game, he´s solid. One option would be to put the midfielder Mikael Nilsson from Halmstad (Freddis club) as RB.

Erik Edman is a very interesting player with offensive talents and I don´t see him as a weak player. The problem might be if he can cut it a this high level.

Christian Wilhelmsson, Anderlecht is very good! He´s proved himself at international level through CL with Anderlecht. His problem is that he´s only played two international games, might get his big breakthrough this summer.

The biggest problem I see is as you say CM, Tobias Linderoth isn´t the perfect option but he hardly plays a bad game. One can put Andreas Jakobsson in this position or Kim Källström and let Anders Svensson play offensive CM.

Hopefully Freddie finally can prove himself at internationals, he hasn´t reached his best level so far in Sweden. He will always be questioned by the traditionalist in Sweden until he performs for the country as well.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom