<

The tactics thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by say yes, Sep 3, 2019.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Also why would we want

[​IMG]

in the line up?

Riou and Furious like this.
  2. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

Think this chart is more telling. Basically we either not fit enough or we need to better manage our 1st half expenditure. Because as it is this is a massive issue that's really biting us in the arse.

3. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

The Nostalgia Merchant has played too much Fifa 11 Ultimate Team recently it seems.

Riou and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  4. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

We have no physical power in the midfield, and also little technical ability...so we can’t sustain a high press for long, but we also can’t keep the ball for long periods...basically we have the worst midfield in the league :lol:

5. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

I think the lack of technical and passing ability is the main one. No team presses for +70 mins, at some point you're going to need to retain the ball. Even Liverpool do it.

6. zhaggy

zhaggy Well-Known Member

Defensively we are somewhat better but offensively we are not clicking and the players really don't know what to do in the final third.
    Feels like we are trying to open a lock with the wrong key almost every game and watching us play is like groundhog day. The inability to kill off games are costing us.

7. oh to be a goon

oh to be a goon Active Member

Against Bournemouth in the FA Cup this weekend I hope we can experiment a bit without Özil and Xhaka. I really really want to know what a midfield of
    Guendouzi-Ceballos
    Torreria
    would look like with Arteta's new tactics and energy. We wouldn't get Xhaka's defensive work as a LCB, or Özil's occasional good through ball; but it should be capable of more forward drive than we are currently seeing.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  8. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

9. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

From @ thatgooner on twitter.

[​IMG]

CaseUteinberger likes this.