• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Ox and Alexis say hi :p
True :lol:

Also major LOL at people putting Iwobi in this thread, actually rating him is the unpopular opinion.

I would also say that Coquelin's entire career is based on a lie- Ramsey put in just as big a shift as him in that win at the Etihad, but the former gets all the credit

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wenger doesn't deserve the vitriol he's getting, even though he deserves to get sacked at the end of the season.

I have no problem with him backing himself up for another year, Board gave him the contract. He has said contract, he believes he can turn it around and will back himself to do it. Think a lot of us would do the same in his situation, regardless if we deserved to get sacked.

Also think that a lot of the players that many want to be given another chance will fail or be sold if Big Weng gets the shaft. They're not any Hazards (or even Fabregas) that can half ass it to bring a manager down and still be in the club. They aren't doing themselves any favours.

Per Mertesacker was much, much, better than people give him credit for.

Though we all appreciated him, I think Cazorla was still - somehow - underrated.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

True :lol:

Also major LOL at people putting Iwobi in this thread, actually rating him is the unpopular opinion.

I would also say that Coquelin's entire career is based on a lie- Ramsey put in just as big a shift as him in that win at the Etihad, but the former gets all the credit

Yeah not many people liked it but that was a formidable system with Ramsey on the right. It worked perfectly but only worked when we had Ramsey , Caz and Coq together . Weren't the same when Ramsey got injured as we saw when Sp**s turned up.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah not many people liked it but that was a formidable system with Ramsey on the right. It worked perfectly but only worked when we had Ramsey , Caz and Coq together . Weren't the same when Ramsey got injured as we saw when Sp**s turned up.
That system also got the best out of Giroud, although he had a slight dip at the end of 14/15, that calender year was his most productive

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Would like to echo @American_Gooner’s point about the Invincibles. It really, really bugs me that Chelski knocked us out the CL that season. We could’ve beat both Monaco AND Porto.

To add to that, Yanited beat us in the FA Cup semi final too. We would’ve obviously whooped Millwall in the final.

I’m proud AF of the Invincible season. But it could’ve been an even more spectacular season. Wayne ****ing Bridge?! Really?!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would it be far to say that when it really matters Wenger is incapable of finding the right balance in terms of motivation for his players. Maybe it is an aspect of his personality that really rubs off on his teams as through the years the same problems occur within all his teams.

The Nayim goal.
The way we lost the Champions League final.
The manner in which the invincibles lost vs Chelsea in the Champions League.
The way the invincibles reacted after losing after 49 games.
The way we reacted after Eduardo's leg break.
The countless heavy defeats.
The ridiculous ways in which we have thrown away games and leads, 4-4 Newcastle, Liverpool Champions league, Sp**s 3-2 and so on.

It is combination of tactical deficiencies, but the psychological aspect that he refers to so much has been flawed during his entire career at Arsenal and only overshadowed by personalities like Adams, Keown, Wright, Campbell, Bergkamp, Vieira and Henry.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
- I don't think our individual defenders are particularly poor, but the defensive system that they currently operate under gives them virtually no margin for error and they're severely under-prepared season by season. This goes for whoever plays in deep midfield too. The players must therefore not only be athletically gifted but already imbued with the tactical acumen of a seasoned manager/coach. I think the latter should be something that most players with some type of intelligence work towards but alas.

- This is an obvious one, considering it comes from me, but I think our academy players are much more talented than people realize (particularly our current ones) and they are not being set up for success very well. It can be argued that they should look to thrive regardless, but I think this is also a problem throughout the PL - even Wenger himself points this out. This year, they've gone from strength to strength yet they consistently are played out of position, played alongside inferior senior players or given cameos in which they are unlikely to force an impact. It's frustrating for me as I personally am a believer and a fan of the idea of producing our own players from within, but for all the talk, Wenger has barely done the minimum. Even now, the ones that have made it through, are not thriving, and it's not due to lack of talent IMO.

- I remain unconvinced by Wilshere. He's putting a lot of passion into recent games and I appreciate it, but he's still nowhere near the level he should be at.

- Özil is a super talent, but he's also a giant p*ssy and the last person I'd rely on to change a game that we're being overrun by.

- Related to the academy one, but Joe Willock is a star waiting to happen.

- I'm glad we sold Giroud. He really wasn't that good IMO and we need to move away from the slow target man model that has been created since he joined the club.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Koscielny is/was overrated. Mathieu Flamini should have started at left back in the Champions League Final instead of Ashley Cole.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Would it be far to say that when it really matters Wenger is incapable of finding the right balance in terms of motivation for his players. Maybe it is an aspect of his personality that really rubs off on his teams as through the years the same problems occur within all his teams.

The Nayim goal.
The way we lost the Champions League final.
The manner in which the invincibles lost vs Chelsea in the Champions League.
The way the invincibles reacted after losing after 49 games.
The way we reacted after Eduardo's leg break.
The countless heavy defeats.
The ridiculous ways in which we have thrown away games and leads, 4-4 Newcastle, Liverpool Champions league, Sp**s 3-2 and so on.

It is combination of tactical deficiencies, but the psychological aspect that he refers to so much has been flawed during his entire career at Arsenal and only overshadowed by personalities like Adams, Keown, Wright, Campbell, Bergkamp, Vieira and Henry.

That was pre Wenger 1995 I believe. Agree with your post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom