The Unpopular Football Opinion Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Mar 6, 2018.

1. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Tbh when it was announced that it was Freddie's idea, I posted on here "Balls of Steel" :lol: I'm not a Bould fan anyway, as a player he was good but I've never understood his value to the coaching team, it certainly hasn't helped with our defending!

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid A drama queen, hates most of our players.

Cheers for the info! So it is true that we stayed in 45 M range this window!

3. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

VAR is broken and the amount of incorrect decisions overall won’t change much. It has merely shifted where incorrect calls are.

Offside is clearly a weird issue where we’re using fractions to suggest that an attacking player has gained an advantage. Not a fan of it been a simple black/white issue.

truth_hurts likes this.
  4. Chaoz_Enigma

Chaoz_Enigma Active Member

I know this is an unpopular opinion and I'm gonna get alot of bants out of this. Arsenal is going to win the Premier League this season. Its our year.

5. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Liam Rosenior is the most intelligent and articulate analyst on Sky and BT.

SA Gunner, Red London and Rex Banter like this.
  6. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Yeah he avoids hot takes and doesn’t just go with bigging up his old club.

He’ll never get on the big games because he’s not a name but he should be. Top quality pundit.

Levels ahead of wankers like Neville and Jenas.

Big Poppa likes this.
  7. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

He’s very good I agree

Big Poppa likes this.
  8. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Actually I genuinely believe this has a good chance of happening

Chaoz_Enigma likes this.
  9. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

If we wanted to we could sell Lacazette for £50-70m.

How is our second worst ever signing winning POTS here, seriously get a grip.

10. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid A drama queen, hates most of our players.

Winning POTS at Arsenal last 3 seasons is nothing special.

BigPoppaPump and RunTheTrap like this.
  11. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Holy moses, what an attention seeking post.
    Worse than the below?
    Senderos
    Chamack
    Gervinho
    Park?????

12. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

Then you guys should bet all your money. Bet £200 and you will get 10k in return.

Red London likes this.
  13. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Jeffers and Perez

Mark Tobias likes this.
  14. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

I get what he is saying though. Lacazette was our marquee signing and at the time the biggest transfer we done and he puts up Giroud numbers. I feel like Arsenal fans con themselves into thinking Lacazette was worth every penny when in reality we overpaid for a decent striker and nothing more

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  15. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Give it a little bit of time, it needs some time to work out the issues and improve. In one full season in the Eredivisie last year there were 87 incorrect decisions recalled in 306 matches because of VAR. That's red card decisions, penalty decisions and goal decisions. Those have a direct influence on the results of many matches.

Naturally there were also mistakes but the positives outweigh the negatives, that is undeniable.

(source: https://www.knvb.nl/nieuws/themas/a...-seizoen-var-de-eredivisie-het-werd-eerlijker).

16. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

We didn't overpay though. Look at the market. Top strikers are going for 100M. A prime Giroud would be worth 45 in today's market..

17. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

We are going to be seeing more player swap deals in the future. Clubs can’t afford £70, £80 above transfers so more and more clubs will try to add players onto deals to get players.

Garrincha likes this.
  18. Tomb Bombadil

Tomb Bombadil Active Member

Does a lot of work (see Firminho numbers). In comparison to Lukaku and Morata still the best choice.

19. Kingofthebongo

Kingofthebongo Well-Known Member

Agreed, I think we will be seeing more American sport style swaps/trades, free transfers.

20. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

An agent was on the radio around deadline day talking about this. He suggested a dedicated swap window in addition to transfer window to help movement of players.