• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jens
Lauren-Sol-Kolo-Cash
Paddy-Gilberto
Reyes-Freddie-Pires
Henry
...pretty confident this would beat any combination of players from this Liverpool team...no point playing Dennis against them, he wasn't as his best and was 34 at this point, we would probably get overrun with him playing at that stage...play Freddie similarly to how we played him in our 2006 Champions League run, and him basically man mark Fabinho, so Liverpool can't get any attacks started from the middle...while we would have the pace and power to match Liverpool all over the pitch, while our midfield is more skilful and would control the game...backing my team!

Last edited:

avalonhse

Jens
Lauren-Sol-Kolo-Cash
Paddy-Gilberto
Reyes-Freddie-Pires
Henry
...pretty confident this would beat any combination of players from this Liverpool team...no point playing Dennis against them, he wasn't as his best and was 34 at this point, we would probably get overrun with him playing at that stage...play Freddie similarly to how we played him in our 2006 Champions League run, and him basically man mark Fabinho, so Liverpool can't get any attack started from the middle...while we would have the pace and power to match Liverpool all over the pitch, while our midfield is more skilful and would control the game...backing my team!

The real strength of Liv is not individual talent, it is how they operate as a unit. Quality-wise The Invicibles are better than them, however, Wenger is never reach Kloop's tactical level. I think is the odd is 3:5 in favor to Liv.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Jens
Lauren-Sol-Kolo-Cash
Paddy-Gilberto
Reyes-Freddie-Pires
Henry
...pretty confident this would beat any combination of players from this Liverpool team...no point playing Dennis against them, he wasn't as his best and was 34 at this point, we would probably get overrun with him playing at that stage...play Freddie similarly to how we played him in our 2006 Champions League run, and him basically man mark Fabinho, so Liverpool can't get any attack started from the middle...while we would have the pace and power to match Liverpool all over the pitch, while our midfield is more skilful and would control the game...backing my team!

VvD would probably usurp One of the cbs

The wbs are a tossup to

Pepes blue pill

Liverpools achievment will be better, however our lot wouldve beat them easily, just imagine that left side of cole, pires and henry against taa, it be murder

Bloodbather

Established Member

Current Liverpool and the Invincibles are pretty evenly matched. Could go either way - depends on who is on-form during that particular day. The Invincibles were a rare team that can actually match Liverpool's athleticism. Liverpool is a more intense team obviously, but the Invincibles' physicality was quite impressive - the presence of Vieira particularly could prove decisive in that matchup. Arsenal's midfield definitely has an edge.

I wouldn't want to romanticize the Invincibles' prowess too much though. They did get beaten by a weaker Chelsea side in the Champions League. One thing Liverpool has going for them is that they are really relentless, they don't really get stuck in a rut and end up finding a breakthrough one way or the other. Last year's second leg against Barcelona, and their performances against City showed an ability to handle great teams and the Invincibles weren't battle-tested to the same extent.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

My hope is that they will be undefeated until we play them in May. The Liverpool fans will be hoping, praying for an undefeated season like ours. Some will already have started bragging and taking it for granted. At that moment our boys crush their hopes when it is so close, but then so far away... :drool:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
My hope is that they will be undefeated until we play them in May. The Liverpool fans will be hoping, praying for an undefeated season like ours. Some will already have started bragging and taking it for granted. At that moment our boys crush their hopes when it is so close, but then so far away... :drool:
I have to disagree. I hope they lose their next PL game just to put me out (of some) of my misery.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

That would be perfect, but unless we where 5-0 up, I genuinely think the stress of watching that game would cause me to die.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I have to disagree. I hope they lose their next PL game just to put me out (of some) of my misery.
That would be perfect, but unless we where 5-0 up, I genuinely think the stress of watching that game would cause me to die.
Come on! The chance of eternal glory if this happens. Imagine the joy we all would have asking any Liverpool fans we know how it felt when our winning goals went in! Ahhhh... the exquisite joy! :Celebration:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

wouldnt want it to goto the wire like that.

Truth is this Liverpool team is better, if they go undefeated. Two CL finals and theyve won one. An undefeated season with the points total theyd be looking at surpasses our own achievement. If it happens.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It’s a better team/unit overall but the individual brilliance in the invincibles- I reckon they could beat Liverpool absolutely.

As for unpopular opinion, I think Lacazette is a quality striker and not a booty poppin thottie.

I also believe Lacazette > Giroud.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If our invincibles faced this Liverpool I'm confident a combination of Cole-Pires-Henry on the left would absolutely ruin Alexander-Arnold. He wouldn't be able to go forward knowing the counter-attacking threat we had. Also Vieira-Gilberto absolutely owns their midfield even if they play with a 3.

In all honesty it's hard to compare a side from 2004 and a side from 2020 considering absolutely everything and all the factors. People always point to our invincible side drawing a lot of games but a lot of them were after the title was already sewn up.

Alisson
TAA Van Dijk Campbell Cole
Gilberto Vieira
Salah Bergkamp Pires
Henry
That would be my combined XI of the two teams FWIW, tho there are few close calls like for example I suppose you could put Firmino ahead of a 34 year old Bergkamp but then again it'd be a different role to the one he currently occupies where it's difficult to mark him, as a 10 it'd be easier.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Current Liverpool team > invincibles.

It's true, they won the CL. Also that Arsenal team in the early 2000s were great but did have a tendency to bottle it. That's why it's Klopp > Arsène, Wenger never made such a mentally strong team even in our heyday.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
wouldnt want it to goto the wire like that.

Truth is this Liverpool team is better, if they go undefeated. Two CL finals and theyve won one. An undefeated season with the points total theyd be looking at surpasses our own achievement. If it happens.

But look at the context.

CL: Alot of the top European teams have been struggling. Bayern went through a pretty bad patch last year, Barca and Real look built on quicksand. PSG... well they're PSG.

Similarly this season in the PL,traditional rivals who would normally be expected to run them close have failed badly.

City - incosistent with Pep seeming to lose interest at times.

Chelsea - inexperienced new manager hampered by the transfer ban and a lack of balls in the squad.

Utd- terrible manager. Poor squad after splashing the cash on dross.

Sp**s -Poch implosion carried forward into this year. Even more inconsistent now with a manager who seems to be losing it already.

Arsenal - need I say it? No full backs for an age. Torreira at no 10. Xhaka at Palace. Emery. We lost our minds.

Liverpool have taken advantage and are a fantastic side but no need lose the run of ourselves

Latest posts+

Top Bottom