• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal cant afford those players you are thinking. One of the biggest problems we have had is completely ignoring the championship. For some reason the club thinks its above it.

What would Grealish cost today? 70m.
Watkins was signed for 30m. Again another 60-70m.
DCL again something similar.

It's too late. We need to be picking them up in the championship, loaning them out for a year or two and then reaping the rewards.

If we continue to fall down the league maybe something will change and we do start identifying these players in the lower leagues of England but I dare say the people at the top dont see it as glamorous enough.

The thread is the wishlist tbf. And I reckon they could afford Grealish/DCL provided we were either the cl next season and we sold a load if deadwood. So highly unlikely.

Lamptey and Bissouma we could 100% get next summer.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Bissouma is good shout. Tho is it one of those that seems too obvious, like we rarely ever sign players who've established themselves in this league and are ready to make a step up in level. Seems like the type of signing Liverpool or Sp**s would make because they've a habit of making those types of signings.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bissouma is good shout. Tho is it one of those that seems too obvious, like we rarely ever sign players who've established themselves in this league and are ready to make a step up in level. Seems like the type of signing Liverpool or Sp**s would make because they've a habit of making those types of signings.

Yep spot on. Hes got everything imo. Physical presence and technique, would be brilliant next to Partey. The Premier league is at such a high level now that putting in good performances for Brighton is more impressive than playing well for big Italian or German club.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we’re smart we should be looking at Michael Olise, complete midfielder and only 18.

He’s like a Jude Bellingham regen, can play higher up or in midfield and probably available for 10M.

Might not start as much as Bissouma now but he’s probably going to be a much better player in a year or two.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Aarons - Sule - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey
Pepe - Sabitzer - Aouar - Saka
Auba/Martinelli​
Szobozslai
Buendia
Edouard

Sule/Sabitzer are quality suggestions, both top players. Unfortunately I think Sabitzer is on his way to Sp**s.

Edouard is the type of center forward we need as well.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I still think we should be looking at Depay. Sure, he's rumoured for Barca, but even after the players agreed to pay cuts of like £100m they still need to get the wage bill down. There might a chance...

He can play anywhere across the front line, but especially as a kind of false 9. Has excellent technique, a good shot and is a tricky player who does unexpected things. Would be perfect to create some dynamism in our attack as he could interchange with Auba and we would be more unpredictable as we wouldn't play the same way depending on their respective positions.

Also think Vlasic is an option for that spot. Not as natural at LW as Depay, but would be a real false 9 that would drop down and offer an alternative for 1-2's. Very good at exploiting space in the attacking third.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
My wish is just us to play attractive football and at least have teams fear us again. Honestly, I wouldn't mind being this low in the table as long as the team showed effort and passion and played with some balls! We are so boring to watch - it's pathetic to say the least.

Hinderz

Yep, need two players than can play ahead of the ball and someone to play next to Partey by the next summer window.
I’ve not seen much of Toma Basic, but I saw him listed on one of those Sensible Transfer videos. As a 6’3 left footed but ambidextrous athletic dribbling CM/DM he looks like a very sensible transfer to sit next to Partey. Throw in Szoboszlai with his buy out clause and it could be a big upgrade for reasonable money.

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’ve not seen much of Toma Basic, but I saw him listed on one of those Sensible Transfer videos. As a 6’3 ambidextrous athletic dribbling CM/DM he looks like a very sensible transfer to sit next to Partey. Throw in Szoboszlai with his buy out clause and it could be a big upgrade for reasonable money.

Interesting, certainly has the physical tools. I'd like to see us start taking advantage of the Premier league though. You pay more, but there is too much evidence now to suggest it is the way to go.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mikel says we need 5 or 6 starters to be where he wants us to be. Also said he wants to use the 433.

Leno
Lamptey - Upamecano - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey
Bernardo Silva - Aouar

And then up front id have Auba, Saka, Pepe, Balogun, Martinelli and two new signings fighting for the spots.

Newchange

-------------------Leno
Lamptey-Saliba-Gabriel-Tierney
-------------Partey-Bissouma
-------Pepe-Szoboszlai-Grealish
--------------Calvert Lewin

Wouldnt mind an experienced PL defender to come in to ease Saliba's transition either. Matip/Rudiger would be good if we could get one.

Partey & Bissouma double pivot would be class. Pace, power and technical ability. They both can score a goal from midfield also!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mikel says we need 5 or 6 starters to be where he wants us to be. Also said he wants to use the 433.

Leno
Lamptey - Upamecano - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey
Bernardo Silva - Aouar

And then up front id have Auba, Saka, Pepe, Balogun, Martinelli and two new signings fighting for the spots.

Arteta is a joke. How about coaching what you have? Leno, Bellerin, Tierney and Gabriel are all starters. Okay, we need too class next to Gabriel. So that's 1 starter in our back 5.

Partey is bona-fide quality. You could argue we need two cms.

We have Pepe, Saka, Auba, Martinelli and Willian as forward options. We also have Laca and Nketiah. We should not be struggling for goals.

Auba is world class, Saka is world class potential and so is Pepe. Maybe we need another proven forward.

The knob needs 4 players and to be a better coach.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta is a joke. How about coaching what you have? Leno, Bellerin, Tierney and Gabriel are all starters. Okay, we need too class next to Gabriel. So that's 1 starter in our back 5.

Partey is bona-fide quality. You could argue we need two cms.

We have Pepe, Saka, Auba, Martinelli and Willian as forward options. We also have Laca and Nketiah. We should not be struggling for goals.

Auba is world class, Saka is world class potential and so is Pepe. Maybe we need another proven forward.

The knob needs 4 players and to be a better coach.

Martinelli has been injured for what, a year? Not sure why you're involving him. Saka may be world class potential, but the kid has missed two key opportunities in two games now which would've given us 4 points instead of 0.

Some players have been coached to their limit, others are uncoachable.

Top Bottom