• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Depth badly needed at left back, number 10 and keeper.

Starting players needed at right back, DM/CM and striker.

In terms of starting players the obvious choices would be Bissouma, Lamptey and Haaland. The latter is completely unattainable for obvious reasons. In which case I'm not sure who I'd go for.

Depending on the Saliba situation we may need a RCB but that's unlikely. Id then probably look towards a player who can play on the wings and at CAM. Ideal signing is of course Grealish.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Striker

So

------------------------- Cabral/Nketiah ----------------------
Auba/Martinelli ------ Arrascaeta/ESR ----- Saka/Willian
------------- Bissouma/Elneny - Partey/AMN --------------
Tierney/LB ---- Gabriel/Mari -- Luiz/Holding -- Bellerin/Cedric
--------------------------- Leno/Hugo Souza ------------------

IN:
Arthur Cabral
Giorgian De Arrascaeta
Bissouma
Hugo Souza
LB sub

Martinelli, ESR, Saka are very promising.
Auba and Martinelli can play as a striker if something.
I like to put Nelson instead of Willian, but perhaps a loan is a better option.

Arsenal is underachieving nowadays, it is still a good team in the EPL (probably between the best 6 team in the EPL) and just few players would make this team a lot better. You can't fix in just 1 of 2 summers tho, so that is just an idea.

Zaza

RB - Lamptey
CM - Soumare
AM - Grealish/Aouar/De Paul
LW - Manor Solomon/Eze
ST - Bamford

Young signing - Olise

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Repost but in a more easily digestible format.

Focus is a starting eleven that can compete for top 4 next season and a young, high-potential squad as well as reducing both the squad and the wage bill.

GK - Freddie Woodman
RB - Nordi Mukiele
LB - Lee Buchanan
CM - Marcel Sabitzer, Orel Mangala
AM - Jack Grealish, Michael Olise
CF - Depay

Net spend ~30m

Leno
Mukiele, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney
Sabitzer, Partey
Saka, Grealish, Auba
Depay

Woodman
Cedric, Saliba, Mari, Buchanan
Guendouzi, Mangala
Pepe, ESR, Olise
Martinelli​

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
INS: Around 170m
GK- Tom Heaton and Rui Silva (Both Free Agents)
CB- Jason Denayer/ James Tarkowski/ Jamaal Lascelles (20m) or Jonny Evans/Jerome Boateng (Free)
RB- Gonzalo Montiel (Free)
LB- Patrick Van Aanholt (Free)
CM- Eduardo Camaving (40m) and Marten De Roon (Free)
AM- Emilano Buendia (40)m and Michael Olise (10m)
FW- Alexander Isak (25m), Manor Solomon (20m) and Ivan Toney (15m)

OUTS: Around 200m
- Bellerin (25m)
- AMN (20m)
- Lacazette (20m)
- Nketiah (30m)
- Nelson (20M)
- Chambers (10m)
- Mavropanos (15m)
- Xhaka (20m)
- Elneny (5m)
- Torreira (25m)
- Willian (5m)
- Kolasinac (10m)

Possible sales- Pepe (30m?) and Guendouzi (25m)

Multipass

INS: Around 170m
GK- Tom Heaton and Rui Silva (Both Free Agents)
CB- Jason Denayer/ James Tarkowski/ Jamaal Lascelles (20m) or Jonny Evans/Jerome Boateng (Free)
RB- Gonzalo Montiel (Free)
LB- Patrick Van Aanholt (Free)
CM- Eduardo Camaving (40m) and Marten De Roon (Free)
AM- Emilano Buendia (40)m and Michael Olise (10m)
FW- Alexander Isak (25m), Manor Solomon (20m) and Ivan Toney (15m)

OUTS: Around 200m
- Bellerin (25m)
- AMN (20m)
- Lacazette (20m)
- Nketiah (30m)
- Nelson (20M)
- Chambers (10m)
- Mavropanos (15m)
- Xhaka (20m)
- Elneny (5m)
- Torreira (25m)
- Willian (5m)
- Kolasinac (10m)

Possible sales- Pepe (30m?) and Guendouzi (25m)

people always underestimate the purchase cost and over estimate potential sales. In what world are we getting £30m for Nketiah. Others might but we’d be luck yo get £20m.

On another note that list of ins is the least inspiring wish list I’ve ever seen. Sure way of ensuring mid table mediocrity.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not at all ready for a step up. Explosive dribbler, incredibly fast, but low returns so far and has a very weak shot. Needs to work on his finishing to make a step. Unplayable on a good day though, very quick feet.
Low returns? I think he’s doing very well in the goals, assists, and chances created departement. He’s still a winger in his first year abroad, very promising.

razörist

Seems like he could do the Xhaka thing but without the hot-head mistakes. Very good at passing the ball forwards, although also not the most mobile like Xhaka.

They suggest him here as a Matic replacement for Utd. If Partey is to be deployed more as a b-2-b on the right side then it could make sense to have Koopmeiners deeper dictating play on the left.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-teun-koopmeiners/
Koopmeiners??? Are you joking?

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
people always underestimate the purchase cost and over estimate potential sales. In what world are we getting £30m for Nketiah. Others might but we’d be luck yo get £20m.

On another note that list of ins is the least inspiring wish list I’ve ever seen. Sure way of ensuring mid table mediocrity.
Why? Doesn't have a big name player but its all highly regarded talented young players with a mix of experience to transition. Once the squad takes shape in a couple of years you make the big money moves.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Low returns? I think he’s doing very well in the goals, assists, and chances created departement. He’s still a winger in his first year abroad, very promising.
Definitely very promising, perhaps that didn't come through clearly enough.

His returns are quite good, but he has disappointed me a little in terms of returns in the games against serious competition (CL, Fey, PSV). I also think his shot is really weak, which I have noticed several times now.

But he has a lot of promise, I just think it's very premature to talk about a move to Arsenal or another team on that level. I still prefer Neres when fit at the moment.

razörist

Definitely very promising, perhaps that didn't come through clearly enough.

His returns are quite good, but he has disappointed me a little in terms of returns in the games against serious competition (CL, Fey, PSV). I also think his shot is really weak, which I have noticed several times now.

But he has a lot of promise, I just think it's very premature to talk about a move to Arsenal or another team on that level. I still prefer Neres when fit at the moment.
Yeah I agree he seems to have no power in his shots I hope that improves as he adds strength.

When he turns it on though he has any fullback on toast, he was going past Philip Max for fun, haven’t seen anyone do that yet this season. What’s speaks to me the most is his playmaking ability, he has an eye for a cross, for a through ball. Massive potential.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
GK: don't really care

FBs: back-up LB, don't really care who, starting RB meh, if Bellerin is sold then maybe Mazraoui but otherwise it's not a priority for me

CBs: If Saliba makes good progress at Nice we should give him a chance, otherwise give him another loan and buy an experienced RCB, Tarkowski for eg.

CMs: Love the look of Camavinga and Albert Lokonga, along with Partey you'd have so much skill on the ball together with incredible mobility

AMs: Ødegaard, guy's a baller, simple as

CF: Need a Laca replacement, Depay, Malen, Daka, Edouard...idk

Multipass

Why? Doesn't have a big name player but its all highly regarded talented young players with a mix of experience to transition. Once the squad takes shape in a couple of years you make the big money moves.

I’m not saying the list isn’t useful / pragmatic. Just that it’s hardly a “wish” list. having said that I’m equally hard on those suggesting Grealish and haaland as if we have any hope of signing either.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we landed Ødegaard, bought Vestergaard, together with Runarsson and Moller we'd have full Scandinavian bingo. Not sure what the prize is for that, but there must be one.

Top Bottom