• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Good player. Funny nobody thought of him before but yep, that would be a good buy, even based on versatility alone its worth it already

Floating

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Good player. Funny nobody thought of him before but yep, that would be a good buy, even based on versatility alone its worth it already

All reasons why he's a Wenger target :wink:

Zico

Established Member
FW - Chamakh -- 0m
MF - Fellaini -- 15m
DF - Kjaer - 10m
GK - Hart - 15m

That's 35 million bringing them in about probably about 250 000 pounds per week in wages for that lot (Chamakh will be on 50). I think it's an attainable target and we should win the league.

Zico

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
Sp**s are getting too good. Time for us to steal a player from them again. Snap up Dawson Arsène!

If you want a Sp**s player get Bale. I wish I could take us back 3 years to the day we bought Theo and switch for Bale. There was certainly far less hype around Bale, but this guy has a good combination of skill and strength and a cannon of a left foot.

ricky1985

Established Member
Zico said:
P_Gunner said:
Sp**s are getting too good. Time for us to steal a player from them again. Snap up Dawson Arsène!

If you want a Sp**s player get Bale. I wish I could take us back 3 years to the day we bought Theo and switch for Bale. There was certainly far less hype around Bale, but this guy has a good combination of skill and strength and a cannon of a left foot.
And the brain (and looks) of a chimp.

ricky1985

Established Member
Zico said:
FW - Chamakh -- 0m
MF - Fellaini -- 15m
DF - Kjaer - 10m
GK - Hart - 15m

That's 35 million bringing them in about probably about 250 000 pounds per week in wages for that lot (Chamakh will be on 50). I think it's an attainable target and we should win the league.
Would you play Fellaini instead of Song, or in the team with him? Also, don't you feel Kjaer is a bit of a risk at only 20 years old, and no Premier League experience? Wouldn't you fancy Cahill as more of a sure thing?

Captain

Established Member
I really wanted Bale and honestly thought that we were going to sign him.

But you do have to take into account that until this recent surge in form, the guy has had as many and more problems settling into premiership life as Theo.

Zico

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Zico said:
FW - Chamakh -- 0m
MF - Fellaini -- 15m
DF - Kjaer - 10m
GK - Hart - 15m

Would you play Fellaini instead of Song, or in the team with him? Also, don't you feel Kjaer is a bit of a risk at only 20 years old, and no Premier League experience? Wouldn't you fancy Cahill as more of a sure thing?

I would play Fellaini, Song and Fabregas together. Within the premier league, Fellaini is probably the best two-way midfielder we can go after (I'm excluding the injured and inaccessible Essien & Hargreaves)

ricky1985

Established Member
Captain said:
I really wanted Bale and honestly thought that we were going to sign him.

But you do have to take into account that until this recent surge in form, the guy has had as many and more problems settling into premiership life as Theo.
He was going to be loaned to Nottingham Forest in January, the deal fell through at the last minute because Assou-Ekotto got injured. I think his recent form is a little deceptive.

He has talent, he's pretty quick, and has a really good left foot, but, I just think he's caught teams cold in the last 3 months or so. He's been moved to the left wing, and hasn't been paid the same sort of respect that most Premier League "top 6" attackers get paid - double teaming, defenders knowing where to show them, and generally how to defend them etc. Next season he will be a marked man, and I don't see the skill or dynamism in his game to really thrive, maybe, I'll be proven wrong, but, if he can't make it as a top class left back, and I don't think he will, I don't see him really becoming a top player at left wing. Similar sort of player to Armand Traore for me.

Floating

Established Member
Marouane Chamakh (0)
Sebastien Frey (£12m)
Heiko Westermann (£10m)
Felipe Melo (£12m)

All 26+ years old just reaching their peak, all 6-foot +, all internationals with CL experience, none more than £14m.

Captain

Established Member
Bale's much better than that and has been since he came through at Southampton. His potential always implied that he would make it in the top tier.

We don't need him anyway, we have Gibbs now.

ricky1985

Established Member
Captain said:
Bale's much better than that and has been since he came through at Southampton. His potential always implied that he would make it in the top tier.

We don't need him anyway, we have Gibbs now.
As a left back?

Zico

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Zico said:
FW - Chamakh -- 0m
MF - Fellaini -- 15m
DF - Kjaer - 10m
GK - Hart - 15m

As for Cahill, it really depends on the price. One wonders if United and Sp**s (two teams that favor Englishmen) would move in for him. That would immediately put his price at 20m.

ricky1985

Established Member
Zico said:
ricky1985 said:
Zico said:
FW - Chamakh -- 0m
MF - Fellaini -- 15m
DF - Kjaer - 10m
GK - Hart - 15m

As for Cahill, it really depends on the price. One wonders if United and Sp**s (two teams that favor Englishmen) would move in for him. That would immediately put his price at 20m.
I suppose United bidding is a possibility - hopefully their signing of Smalling was their move in that position - not Sp**s though, they've got a pretty good quartet of centrebacks already, albeit two of them are crocks, and they have already said they don't have a lot of money to spend.

I'd be shocked if Cahill went for anything more than £10-12M.

Zico

Established Member
Good point. Make that 20m for him then. He'd still be worth it. Of course, given our needs, it would probably be more prudent to spend 12-15 on Melo if Juventus feel like giving up on him. Thanks, Ibby

Latest posts

Top Bottom