<

The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Klaus Daimler

Klaus Daimler New Member Trusted

Sorry! What I really mean is of course: we should sell them all for bread crumbs and use the money to buy Eden Hazard. And when he gets injured we'll blame Wenger again for keeping a too thin squad. It's great being a fan sometimes. There's always something new and exciting to complain about.

2. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

3. banduan

banduan New Member

Yeh. Have you noticed how the new ladies players aren't the prettiest around? I mean, what's that all about! We've lost it!

4. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

I'd keep Theo and Vela.

Both were disappointing this season, but I still think both have upside, and more to give. Theo, in particular, actually finished the season pretty well, even if he was largely quite underwhelming. He does seem to have a knack of scoring in games we eventually chuck away though!

Eduardo and Rosicky are dead-weight though - we're paying them more than they're worth, and it feels like the right time to cut our losses on them and try something different.

5. qs

qs New Member Elite

Agree with most of that although I'm in two minds on Vela. He's the same age as Theo but hasn't done nearly as much. I'm still hoping he'll just click at some stage but I'm getting less and less confident about his future with us.

6. Humble Rex

Humble Rex New Member

:lol: Couldn´t have phrased it any better myself! Well I could have, just didn´t think it was worth it...

7. kamikaze80

kamikaze80 New Member Elite

klaus, i specifically was wondering about league stats cos the fa cup and carling cup are joke competitions, and even some of the CL group stage matches are jokes as well. the fact that vela hardly got a look in the league says it all.

asa, if we had to keep one of vela or theo, it'd definitely be theo. vela will never be anything in england. the league is too intense and full of scary grownups for him - he's just a carefree kid playing futbol.

i do think theo is overpaid and overvalued on the transfer market. he's priced like a premier wide forward but he's really a poor man's ashley young. if there were any chance of landing hazard, i'd sell theo in a second to help fund it.

8. kamikaze80

kamikaze80 New Member Elite

maybe other people would, but i wouldn't. i'd rather a slightly smaller squad but with higher quality, than a larger squad with lower quality. the former is riskier but gives you a higher chance of trophies, while the latter will get you 3rd or 4th place regularly.

anyway, i don't think sanchez watt is that much worse than theo. and van persie, chamakh, arshavin, hazard and nasri is a pretty deep and talented group of forwards, no? how many backups do you expect to have?? that's what's absurd.

9. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

A signing (excluding chamakh) by Friday.

Come on wengs make me high for the weekend baby

10. TomasCR

TomasCR New Member Trusted

I wish Cesc would tell them to **** off because if he doesn't, we might as well find ourselves a couple of years back and start all over again.

11. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

Exactly. Rebuilding over and over again. Here we are back into transition period. Be sure Arshavin will leave next season if we don't win any trophy and we gets ****ed again

12. banduan

banduan New Member

He has though. Multiple times. They don't, can't and won't get it.

13. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

Those are just PR nonsense from Cesc. I for one don't believe it

14. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

What do you think about Wolfsburg's Diego Benaglio?

I don't watch much of the Bundesliga, but I know he's very highly rated, and a good age.

15. qs

qs New Member Elite

If Cescs out then

Buffon

Mexes
    Cahill

Gourcuff
    Yaya
    Melo

Hazard

;D

16. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

Now that's what you call a Wish List, Qs!

In all seriousness it will be interesting to see how Wenger reacts should Cesc end up leaving.

17. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

Nasri ricky. Like it or not

18. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

you can wish Yaya until the cows come home, he isnt coming to Arsenal..

i would take the rest though.. and if the reports that we are demanding 80m for Cesc are true, we could actually AFFORD those players

and we could raise some more cash by shedding some of the dead weight from the squad to allow the players we are bringing in to take their place (Manny, Flapianski, Gallas, Vela - even though I like him, Rozza, etc)

add in the fact that we probably have 50m-60m already available to us for incoming players this summer (arbitrary number i just made up), we could do some nice business this summer..

if we got all those players and lost Cesc, i dont think we'd be any worse off, thats for sure

19. qs

qs New Member Elite

Fine replace Yaya with Milner. I reckon if you've got an attacking mid like Nasri or Gourcuff or whatever other attacking mid we decide we're getting with our 80 mil then we need a bit more industry in midfield. Milner is like Flamini with added goals.

20. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

I would take Milner, but that isnt likely either..