• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
qs said:
truth_hurts said:
Smudeagle said:
I've heard a lot of rumours about Joe Cole... what are people's opinions?

Quality player who would be an upgrade on all of our attacking players bar Cesc and Arshavin. Can see him staying at Chelsea.

van Persie is a couple of levels above Cole.

Definitely wont be staying at Chelsea IMO. Doubt he'll come here either.

I wasn't including strikers but I doubt he will come here. Unless he goes abroad its Chelsea or City.

bazza_afc

Hart, a new cb (I really have no idea who)and Melo.. Is that really so much to ask?

Also, can't see it but cole would be a welcome addition on a free transfer.

qs

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
I wasn't including strikers but I doubt he will come here. Unless he goes abroad its Chelsea or City.

What about United? They lack a bit of flair and creativity and they'd be able to afford his wages.

qs

Established Member
Bit of talk about him in the Joe Cole thread BP.

I haven't seen him in a year or 2 but got the impression he was a bit show, more style than substance. Said that about Cronaldo once upon a time too though.

Humble Rex

Established Member
qs said:
Bit of talk about him in the Joe Cole thread BP.

I haven't seen him in a year or 2 but got the impression he was a bit show, more style than substance. Said that about Cronaldo once upon a time too though.

:lol: That was certainly true, but he sort of came good!

As a player that is, not as a person...

Smudeagle

I really can't see him staying at Chelsea. Feel he would have signed a contract by now. Also Ancelotti has displayed very little faith in him since he returned to fitness around the turn of the year.

Personally I rate him, very creator force that retains possession and almost always looks to move the ball forward.

Not saying I believe the rumours you hear in the pub etc. But two seperate people have now told me that a source has informed them that we are in negotiations with him which is interesting considering the papers haven't really linked us. One of those is acabbie who tipped me of about sol ages before he signed - didn't believe a word of it then though. In addition arseblog has mentioned recently that
he has hears some rumours as well.

Almost certaily bollocks but if it proves true I want bonus points.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Anybody think that Kim Källström of lyon would be a good fit for our team?

I could really see him work well in our 3 man midfield, he offers a differnt kind of offense then Cesc, he could be a better long range player. He has got some size and is quite physical, not lost defensivly either as he has played quite a few games at LB for Lyon, he has got a great left foot.back home in Sweden he often played as a DM

I think his contract is up would be a great free transfer and one player not affected by world cup fatigue, he was an important player in Lyon but never first choice as a starter.

Humble Rex

Established Member
He is a decent player, with a great left peg as you mention, and he is a good passer. Both short and long range. He is SLOW though. That is his biggest disadvantage as far as I see it. He has improved defensively, but I don´t really see him as an upgrade on what we have.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
it has always been said that he is slow but not THAT slow IMO he has got other qualities that make up for it, hard disciplined worker means alot(he is Swedish after all)

not an upgrade rather a compliment,

he won't be bullied in midfield (lad quite big)

Humble Rex

Established Member
The way we play there will be a lot of ground to cover for a CM. Also pace is quite important if you want to put pressure fast on the opposition after losing the ball, (which I imagine is something Wenger wants the team to improve on).

Don´t think it would suit Kim very well. He is a hard worker though, quite physical, and a decent player.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
What do we think of Ibrahim Affelay?
what a cross for van persie the other night. that's how football should be played.

kallstrom is past his prime. he'd be a good signing for Sp**s or villa.

Floating

Established Member
I would be thrilled with any of these (realistic) CB's.

Diego Godín - 24, 6'1", Villarreal C.F.
Adil Rami - 24, 6'3", Lille OSC
Bruno Alves - 28, 6'2", Porto

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
(quote="truth_hurts")
qs said:
truth_hurts said:
Smudeagle said:
I've heard a lot of rumours about Joe Cole... what are people's opinions?

Quality player who would be an upgrade on all of our attacking players bar Cesc and Arshavin. Can see him staying at Chelsea.

van Persie is a couple of levels above Cole.

Definitely wont be staying at Chelsea IMO. Doubt he'll come here either.[/quote

Think he would be a very good signing for them but it appears they have their hearts set on VDV or Modric.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
YeahBee said:
it has always been said that he is slow but not THAT slow IMO he has got other qualities that make up for it, hard disciplined worker means alot(he is Swedish after all)

not an upgrade rather a compliment,

he won't be bullied in midfield (lad quite big)
THAT is an upgrade.

Maybe he could be this sport's version of a defensive replacement. Someone to send out when we're up 1-0 or 2-1 in the 70s, so that those wankers in opposing front sevens don't get to act on their ideas.

Segway

Floating said:
I would be thrilled with any of these (realistic) CB's.

Diego Godín - 24, 6'1", Villarreal C.F.
Adil Rami - 24, 6'3", Lille OSC
Bruno Alves - 28, 6'2", Porto

I remember Godín from our games against Villareal and he was absolutely horrific so that's a no thanks for me. Rami I have never seen play. Bruno Alves has got mugged every time he's come up against Bendtner (both internationally and on club level) and I can't really understand the fuss around him. He's not dominant in the air as he should with his size and positionally he seems weak too. He takes free-kicks for Porto though :p

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
A good experienced keeper. My choice would be Frey
A good experienced defender. My choice would be Mexes
A midfielder: Yaya
Probable Cesc replacement: Yoann Gourcuff

Maybe we could do with another central defender if both Gallas and Sol leave. I would go for Subotic or more realistically Simon Kjaer.

Top Bottom