• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Lord Dula

Established Member
Don't want him. Though we probably will end up with an African keeper going by the name of Sunday League or something like that

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think people should watch players more than once before deciding that he should be on their "wish list".. why, at 27, does this Nigerian fella play for Hapoel Tel Aviv?

maybe because he's average (good shot stopper, but then again, so is Fabianski.. terrible on crosses, isnt big with commanding his area)

and he's as tall as I am (5'11").. there's a reason that only teams like Espanyol or Galatasaray are interested in him.. lets see how well he does the rest of the tournament.. lets not forget, Rustu Recber had an insanely good WC back in 2002.. and he completely flopped at a big club.. and he was a better keeper than this guy

even Robert Green can look like a superstar on his day.. (not yesterday of course)

we can do better.. much much much better

Gurgen

Established Member
Enyeama is a well-known player, people 'discovering' him yesterday is slightly sad. Great shot stopper, not good enough in every other department. Think Carlos Kameni.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well known where? maybe in Nigeria or in Israel.. not all that well known to the general European watching public.. i like to think that I know who quite a few players are in Europe (admittedly less so in other areas of the world, but still not totally naive) and I have never heard of him.. i think many people had no idea who he is..

but we agree that he's a good shot stopper (one of 5 things that make a great keeper) and not much else..

Gurgen

Established Member
He's been known as a 'talent' for quite a while now, our scouting team definitely knows who he is (and probably has for quite some time).

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Been a fan of Samir Handanovic for a while now. He's been solid for Udinese the past few seasons. Big, quick and commands his area well. Seeing him against Algeria today reminded me that we could do a whole lot worse as far as goalkeepers are concerned this summer.

ricky1985

Established Member
Had a dodgy moment when he passed the ball out to a defender, when he should have put his foot through it, and then had the audacity to scream and shout at the defender. Looked decent otherwise, but, had very little to do.

asajoseph

Established Member
Knew I recognised the name.

<a class="postlink" href="http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/32779/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/32779/default.aspx</a>

P_Gunner

Enyeama is known because of fm. I doubt many people have seen him play club football, but many people did have him on their fm team. He was in my QPR team for about 5 years and I've had him in a few Arsenal squads of mine.

That being said, fm is a poor way to judge a player and it was nice to see how he played in real life. He definitely was impressive, but like USArsenal said, you can't judge a goalkeeper based on shot-stopping alone. He seemed to have good distribution as well too though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom