• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I thought I read before something that Schweinsteinger want to leave Bayern to revenge on his fans booing him or something?

Biggus

Established Member
qs said:
With Yaya signed for City I'd love to see us go for DeJong or Kompany.
Approved-stamp.jpg

Timleaf

Established Member
I cant see Schweinsteiger leaving Bayern any time soon. Reckon Bayern might give him a nice, new bumper contract after the World Cup.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I thought so too initially, but then I read that he's only got two years left on his contract. If he wants a new challenge then this would be the ideal summer to sell him.

mo50

Established Member
There was also an article right before the end of the season where Schweinsteiger mentioned his disappointment at the way Bayern fans treated him, and how he would consider moving during the summer.

After his WC performance though, his price will have increased dramatically.

Timleaf

Established Member
It'd be terrible PR for Bayern to sell him after the season and WC he's just had. I reckon they'll move heaven and earth to get him to sign a new deal.

qs

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I thought so too initially, but then I read that he's only got two years left on his contract. If he wants a new challenge then this would be the ideal summer to sell him.

He's not going to want a new challenge though is he? He's a German playing for the biggest club in Germany, his manager has just rejuvenated his career and Bayern aren't exactly known for letting their star players go.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Well he did say that he fancied a move towards the end of the season. But yeah, it doesn't look very likely. Especially not after the world cup he's been having. If he doesn't extend his contract they're never gonna get more money from a transfer than they will this summer, though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mueller is ungettable. Thats for sure. He is Bayern through and through.

Friedrich is on a free transfer. C'mon Wenger

dutchMasta

Yeah, Friedrich is the only realistic buy of the lot. There could be a few ways to tempt Mueller though. He doesn't show the same form for Bayern as he does for Germany, Wenger could bring that out of him. We can give him the right wing position as a starter, he's better than anything we've got and our backup options are strong enough. EPL > Bundesliga, and he speaks decent English already. But in terms of trophies, salaries and manager, we don't have that much of an advantage, if any.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Actually I don't think Muller will do as well here. We needed a more penetrative dribbler rather than a player like him.

I could be wrong though

mccroix

Friedrich has alraedy signed for Wolfsburg.

I don't know where this Podolski love is coming from, he most be the most overrated German player on his board. I live in Germany and the most people want him out of the team. He really isn't that good, the rest of the team is making him look good.He failed at Bayern and isn't playing well for Cologne at all!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Darn, Friedrich just signed for Wolfsburg 2 days ago. Didn't see that, would have been an utterly brilliant signing for us, given his experience age and quality.

Timleaf

Established Member
Last 6 pages have been about Schweinsteiger, Muller, Özil or some other German player. Let it go lads...

M+D

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Darn, Friedrich just signed for Wolfsburg 2 days ago. Didn't see that, would have been an utterly brilliant signing for us, given his experience age and quality.

And what quality would that be?

I can't say I've seen many Hertha Berlin matches but for Germany he was a shocking full back and is a very average centre back.

In a team that plays on the front foot like ours does he'd be ripped apart.

Unbelievable.

Top Bottom