• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

mccroix

M+D said:
Clrnc said:
Darn, Friedrich just signed for Wolfsburg 2 days ago. Didn't see that, would have been an utterly brilliant signing for us, given his experience age and quality.

And what quality would that be?

I can't say I've seen many Hertha Berlin matches but for Germany he was a shocking full back and is a very average centre back.

In a team that plays on the front foot like ours does he'd be ripped apart.

Unbelievable.

QFT

The hype regarding the German squad is ridicolous!!!
As you say he's below average..he' just playing in a team that is on form, the entire nation was laughing at him during the past season, just like Podolski..
People are having a go at Senderos...Senderos is 10 times the defender Friedrich is..(and I don't even like Phil that much)

stuart

Established Member
Captain said:
Still looks an average player to me.

Same here mate, it's annoyed me how many goals he's scored in the World Cup, i still dont rate him at all. Having said that i dont particularly rate quite a few of Germanys players, but their obviously doing something right.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
M+D said:
Clrnc said:
Darn, Friedrich just signed for Wolfsburg 2 days ago. Didn't see that, would have been an utterly brilliant signing for us, given his experience age and quality.

And what quality would that be?

I can't say I've seen many Hertha Berlin matches but for Germany he was a shocking full back and is a very average centre back.

In a team that plays on the front foot like ours does he'd be ripped apart.

Unbelievable.
He would be more than good enough to be a squad player. I have been more impressed by him than his partner Mertesacker. He is at least 3 times better than Silvest, which is saying alot tbh.

Captain

Established Member
stuart said:
Captain said:
Still looks an average player to me.

Same here mate, it's annoyed me how many goals he's scored in the World Cup, i still dont rate him at all. Having said that i dont particularly rate quite a few of Germanys players, but their obviously doing something right.

It reminds me of the 2007-08 season for us; they have a good blend that manages to hide the many weaknesses in certain players.

Based purely upon this world cup, I wouldn't swap their centre-half pair and goalkeeper for ours last season but they are showing that average players in those positions (especially) can still do a job if you have the right balance around them.

You look at it and it genuinely becomes clear that with just 2-3 of the right additions we could play great and winning football again. Problem is, I don't think that we will make those additions.

P_Gunner

dutchMasta said:
Yeah, Friedrich is the only realistic buy of the lot. There could be a few ways to tempt Mueller though. He doesn't show the same form for Bayern as he does for Germany, Wenger could bring that out of him. We can give him the right wing position as a starter, he's better than anything we've got and our backup options are strong enough. EPL > Bundesliga, and he speaks decent English already. But in terms of trophies, salaries and manager, we don't have that much of an advantage, if any.

Muller has been pretty good for Bayern this year. At first when I saw him play he looked like your average well rounded footballer, but after seeing more of him I realized he has a stunning eye for goal and can produce moments of magic. He's going to be a brilliant player when he gets older because keep in mind this really is his first season playing top flight football.

Captain

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Or, maybe it's just easy to paper over the cracks in an 8 games knockout tournament.

Nope, otherwise everyone would do it and this world cup would have been a whole lot better and more competitive.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Muller has great composure and his finishing is top class. He may look average in terms of pace and physicality, but his decision making under pressure is unbelievable and he always tends to pop up with goals.

He was one of the best young attacking players to break into a first choice role in his club along with Pedro, Özil and Kroos.

dutchMasta

P_Gunner said:
dutchMasta said:
Yeah, Friedrich is the only realistic buy of the lot. There could be a few ways to tempt Mueller though. He doesn't show the same form for Bayern as he does for Germany, Wenger could bring that out of him. We can give him the right wing position as a starter, he's better than anything we've got and our backup options are strong enough. EPL > Bundesliga, and he speaks decent English already. But in terms of trophies, salaries and manager, we don't have that much of an advantage, if any.

Muller has been pretty good for Bayern this year. At first when I saw him play he looked like your average well rounded footballer, but after seeing more of him I realized he has a stunning eye for goal and can produce moments of magic. He's going to be a brilliant player when he gets older because keep in mind this really is his first season playing top flight football.
Well, yeah, 19 goals and 13+ assists in your 1st season is outstanding. Hadn't seen that much of him to be honest, but he didn't stand out as much when I did watch Bayern, compared to him playing for Germany. He's got a ton of energy, contributes all over the pitch, makes great runs, is very intelligent, technically excellent, and seems to have that burst of power to go past players. He links up beautifully with his teammates as well. Scary player at 20, I rate him a lot. Can't ever see him coming to us though.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Captain said:
outlaw_member said:
Or, maybe it's just easy to paper over the cracks in an 8 games knockout tournament.

Nope, otherwise everyone would do it and this world cup would have been a whole lot better and more competitive.

It's just a matter of how well it's implemented. The German backline would not win you a 38 game league title, but it is possible for it to remain resolute over the course of just 8 games.

Captain

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Captain said:
outlaw_member said:

It's just a matter of how well it's implemented. The German backline would not win you a 38 game league title, but it is possible for it to remain resolute over the course of just 8 games.

Why wouldn't it?

qs

Established Member
Koscielny (since it seems done)
Hangeland
Eduardo
Schwarzer
Melo/DeJong/someone else like that

Is that much to ask? Pretty realistic I think.

Lord Dula

Established Member
-------------Eduardo
Sagna--Koscielny--Vermaelen--Clichy
---------Melo-------Song
-------------Fabregas
---Chamakh---------------Arshavin
--------------Van Persie

Bwaaaaaaaahhhhh

Top Bottom