<

The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. qs

qs New Member Elite

He's a below average premiership midfielder, he wasn't even that good for Pompey beyond a couple of FA cup matches. I wouldn't touch him.

2. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

He's not really worth the breath, but I'd going to disagree with you there and leave it at that.

3. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

me too. can't understand why wenger refuses to strengthen in pivotal areas every window. it's almost as if he's trying to prove people wrong by winning and spending fu** all.

he's had the tools to assemble a title winning team - if he doesn't deliver this season, i will lose any faith that i have left.

4. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

Well he was definately as tall for Portsmouth as he was at the world cup. 6 ft +1⁄2 in - I confirmed it. :wink:

5. Bossa

Bossa New Member

I've been saying this for months: Stekelenburg!

Sign him or we will regret this when he moves to United next season.

And Rafa Marquez as our fourth choice CB and second choice DM. He's still a quality, experienced and versatile player.

I saw him play for Mexico at the WC and he was flawless an a real leader.

6. P_Gunner

P_Gunner New Member

What does that show us? The same things we lacked in 08 we still lack now. Little to no damn improvement. Still need a GK, a DC, DM and RWF.

7. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

That's been the cry pretty much since 07/08.

8. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

Khedira is apparently out of contract next season and available for around 8 mil. Would love it if we got him instead of Real.

9. raidersoftheark

raidersoftheark New Member

For that price, it really is inexcusable if we don't go in for him. Real is a bad move for him in any case.

10. -Shaun-

-Shaun- New Member

He would never be fourth-choice in the current Arsenal defence. Definite starter if he moved here, without a doubt.

11. Would love to have Marquez as the fourth defender. Would be perfect for us with the ability to play defensive midfielder and the vast experience he has. Only negative point, perhaps, is his injury-proneness.

However, I doubt, we'd do a deal with Barca this summer.

12. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

True, Marquez would be a good multi-purpose signing.

13. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

Marquez is atrocious now.

14. stuart

stuart New Member Trusted

Apparently Real have a deal in place with the player but not the club, sounds about right!

15. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Have been advocating Marquez as a squad option for quite a while. Looked like he still has it during the world cup.

16. Timleaf

Timleaf New Member

Another centre half. Preferably someone reasonably experienced. We need a good option incase Kos cant hit the ground running.

Jagielka would be my first choice.

17. kamikaze80

kamikaze80 New Member Elite

3rd/4th choice would be beneath him, i think, timleaf.

it is worrying that we're not really being linked with anyone anymore. i feel like, per usual, wenger sees wilshere and these other kids and decides they're world beaters already and we don't need reinforcements.

except we always do.

18. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

I really liked what I saw of Djourou today. Definitely hasn't lost any pace or mobility after that nasty injury. Add to that he's already proven to some extent that he's a more than capable central defender in the past, and I'm pretty comfortable going into the season with him as our insurance policy in case Koscielny struggles.

What I really, really want is a defensive midfielder with real quality - giving Song competition for his place, and also allowing him to offer cover at centre back.

19. Humble Rex

Humble Rex New Member

Since I think we will only sign 2 more players, a goalkeeper and another defensive player, that outfield player needs to be competent both at CB and DM.

My hopes are for Kompany. Hope he will be available at a reasonable price. Wenger has been interested in him before.

20. True Gooner

True Gooner New Member Elite

Agreed, underrated player in my opinion.

He can also cover in midfield - although I think it's a while since he last played there.