• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Bossa

Established Member
Affelay is useful but we already have Ramsey, Wilshere, Nasri, Rosicky, Cesc, Diaby and Denilson in lesser extent. He can play at the left wing but thats not really 'his' position.

He may come if Rosicky(or Cesc) leave us.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I've wanted Afellay for quite some time. He's very similar to Nasri in terms of skillset, but he has pace and is more direct. He's also a natural wide player.

We also need a number 9, and not a withdrawn striker like van Persie.

Clockwork. What do you make of the Huntelaar vs van Persie debate? I've spoken to several Dutch fans and they now prefer the former. I can't say I disagree, as van Persie's style of CF play is just not good enough for the requirements of his role. I personally think he needs to be reinvented for another position.

Lord Dula

Established Member
no more, not quite complete, potential, small playermaker/winger types

get in some big bastard uncompromising athletes to add to the flair we have

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
outlaw_member said:
I've wanted Afellay for quite some time. He's very similar to Nasri in terms of skillset, but he has pace and is more direct. He's also a natural wide player.

We also need a number 9, and not a withdrawn striker like van Persie.

Clockwork. What do you make of the Huntelaar vs van Persie debate? I've spoken to several Dutch fans and they now prefer the former. I can't say I disagree, as van Persie's style of CF play is just not good enough for the requirements of his role. I personally think he needs to be reinvented for another position.
It was nearly impossible for RVP to play well at the WC. Due to De Jong & van Bommel playing too close to defence, Sneijder played even more away from the CF. Robin was on an island. Huntelaar would have suffered at this WC too. Horseface suffered for the same reason at the 2006 WC.

Huntelaar doing well in qualifiers might have convinced some fickle people, but not me. RVP would have done great v Sweden too with such an attacking midifeld supporting the striker. Furthermore RVP is infinitely better than Huntelaar at combining with the other players. Huntelaar mainly is an end-station and very limited. With VDV for de Jong, all strikers would have it easier.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fair enough. Though, I agree that there's no question about who the better player is, you can't argue with Huntelaar's record at the moment. I think in some cases, especially teams who employ creative midfields, a limited poacher might be of more use than someone who is more rounded, provided he isn't as proficient in scoring goals. It's just that I find van Persie in the CF role utterly and completely pointless, which only serves to restrict us from reaching our full offensive potential. Anyway, I digress, my thoughts against his deployment have been stated many times before.

P_Gunner

I'll agree with Dules and say Banega, but I'll throw in Alexis Sanchez as well. Both are ready to perform now and could be absolutely world class in the near future.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Can somebody tells me how did Banega have become so loved? i thought he was lost at Valencia but now? I havent followed him but can somebody give me a vieuw about him?

P_Gunner

I was watching Hazard in the Lille - Lyon game and to me he seemed more inclined to drift inwards than I thought he would be. Definitely doesn't look like a pure winger based off that tendency.

Either way, Alexis Sanchez over both.

Anzac

Established Member
Forget it - AW has supposedly said that he's not likely to sign anyone in Jan despite admitting he has the funds available to do so.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Every time Arsène opens his mouth, i assume it's well veiled lies. I think he enjoys lying to the media, so if he says "no signings" i hear "signings" and vice versa.

I dont say this to critisize him either :)

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Nah he's what, 28 or 29 now.

Strikes me as the type of guy who would come to the PL and flop spectacularly. Not the type of character I would want here either.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom