• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArsenalis

It might not be the best thing to happen but it does seem to be the right one for both AFC and Theo.

I've never shed a tear for any Arsenal players, not even for Henry, Pires nor Paddy.

But damn son, I nearly shed one for Theo.

feels a bit sureal doesnt it. it still hasnt sunk in yet

Godwin1

Very well-known
I don't think he's going to succeed at Everton, it may actually be a disaster but I would like to see him do well, best of luck to him.

Longy

Nice guy but not good enough.
Wellbeck needs to be next, same as above.
Ramsey skirting on the edge.

LGooner98

Sad to see another long serving English lad leaving the club but this is the best for both parties. All the best Theo. Hope you and Danny can get a place for the World Cup.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Arseblog had a fair summary for his transfer

19 goals in the last campaign should have meant he’d see more action than he did this time around, but it’s impossible not to look at the comments he made after our defeat to Crystal Palace last season when he fronted up afterwards on TV and said that the opposition wanted it more than we did.

However you might think the formation change made him a poor fit, here’s the bottom line: after those comments he started just one Premier League game for us. One start in 31 after he’d started 23 games that season. There have been times, particularly over the hectic festive period, when he could/should have helped eased the physical burden, but it seems clear that things were never the same between himself and Arsène Wenger after that.

https://arseblog.com/2018/01/theo-walcott-joins-everton-latest-aubameyang/

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I do agree there was a specific turning point after the Palace defeat last season. He was captain that day and coming off the back of his most productive individual season. Yet we've persisted with an out of sorts Iwobi and unfit Welbeck despite struggling with poor form over as congested period, while a seasoned, proven player like Theo sat and watched from the sidelines.

It's hard not to think it was personal. Nobody can convince me that Theo is less suited to the wide forward role of a 3-4-3 than Iwobi or Welbeck. I guess if you pick Bellerin over Debuchy maybe so, but that just smacks of a cheap excuse. Theo was constructively dismissed by Wenger.

I'd have supported it if we weren't simultaneously losing Sanchez midway through the season and hadn't sold Ox without replacement. Given how unreliable Iwobi and Welbeck are out wide, our record with injuries and the ground we need to make up, I can't help but feel a little perplexed by the timing of it.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

5568.jpg

fortunerudy.gif

Still cant believe it. Im so happy!

I can't believe you managed to find a GIF of a thin Charles Dutton.

BobP

Memri Fan
****ing stoked that he's finally gone.

Been a long time coming.

Part of a generation of Arsenal players with literally now redeemable qualities, hard to feel emotional about his departure.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I respect Theo Walcott far more than Joel Campbell - it's not even close. You're ****in' drunk right now, including the people who liked your post.
Search Joel Campbell on twitter and you'll Arsenal fans fawning over him, while calling Theo every name under the sun. Happens a lot on here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom