• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Video replays will be used for key refereeing decisions during Italy's friendly with Germany on Tuesday.

Two video assistant referees will look at goals scored, penalties awarded, red cards and mistaken identities as part of a semi-live trial.

The referee will not be able to review the footage on a pitchside monitor.

Fifa president Gianni Infantino said in April he hoped the 2018 World Cup in Russia would be the first tournament to use the technology.

Video replays were first used at international level during a friendly between Italy and France in September.

It has been tested in six other countries, including in the third-tier United Soccer League in America and the Dutch Cup, with a final decision on its use to be made by 2018.

"Football will not be changed by this and I hope that football will become more honest," said Marco van Basten, former Netherlands striker and Fifa's chief of technical development.

"I am convinced it will be good. It may take some time. Players, referees will have to adapt a bit but it will be good."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37978108

Slowly but surely things are getting there.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

My feeling is that the standard of reffing is just far, far below the standard of play
Went looking for this thread after watching the games on Saturday. There are just so many poor referees in the PL it is unbelievable. Jon Moss in the game Tottenham - Swansea, Anthony Taylor in Man City - Chelsea, or last weekend Mike Jones in our game against Bournemouth. Unfortunately could go on for quite a while. Hard to understand that the PL cannot get this in order. Plus feel some team game after game are getting the rub of the green with the officiating, or better con the refs mercilessly, like Chelsea and Tottenham. Get away with so much and get so many favourable decisions. You have to start wondering what is going on.

C2t6fPxWEAAS9CZ.jpg

Mike Dean gave penalty for this in Barnsley / Leeds match. :lol:

Don't worry, he will be back just in time for our game against Chelsea.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just end this **** ffs someone. I dont even understand the logic of demotion to a lower league for refs. If you're sh!t at reffing, go away and come back when you've sorted yourself out. If you come back and you're still sh!t, you need to get another job.Why is it ok to screw over the lower league teams? :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
John Moss didn't have bad game but he still one of worst refs in this league.

As I said before Lee mason John Moss Mike dean Martin Atkinson should referee any PL game next season

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

doesnt give them license to screw us every other game.
How about every game? Really feel the refs have it in for us and have for several seasons now. Teams like Chelsea or for that matter Burnley get away with murder while we are penalized for every little kick and niggle. Look at Mustafi being elbowed several times, tripped in the penalty box and we get nothing. The kick on Mustafi was more of a penalty than the one on that Burnley ****!. Mustafi actually lost his balance, while the Burnley player had to throw himself to go down. You can see it on the replays. I am ****ing livid. I so have had it and the ****ing pundits, especially people like Henry trying to sound fair minded and instead going the other way. **** 'em! **** 'em all I say! :mad:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How about every game? Really feel the refs have it in for us and have for several seasons now. Teams like Chelsea or for that matter Burnley get away with murder while we are penalized for every little kick and niggle. Look at Mustafi being elbowed several times, tripped in the penalty box and we get nothing. The kick on Mustafi was more of a penalty than the one on that Burnley ****!. Mustafi actually lost his balance, while the Burnley player had to throw himself to go down. You can see it on the replays. I am ****ing livid. I so have had it and the ****ing pundits, especially people like Henry trying to sound fair minded and instead going the other way. **** 'em! **** 'em all I say! :mad:
hear hear!

we probably would have defeated $ity too, if not for the Refs.

Ewarwoowar

Wenger needs to make for the crossroads 'n ' get down and dirty with the devil, wherein will be the fa, the ref association and sir fergie, He'll need to pucker up and suck it up, some initiatory nipple twisting handshakes and a phat wedge supplant may get the ball rolling but this parasite has been well and truly embedded for the longest time, I fear it may too late!

On a brighter note,, We Won!!!:drool:

ps- you may find fifa in that coven too

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Had to laugh at Mark Clattenburg giving Costa that penalty today. ****, we should play in Chelsea blue or Tottenham white. At least then we would have a chance of some love from the refs. Cannot remember when we last got a soft pen like that!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely bonkers performance in the FA Cup Semifinal.

How did we not get two penalties? fouls on Alexis and Özil
How did their goal get ruled out?

It was the SEMI FINAL! I completely agree with Yaya Toure when he wanted to play the next game without a referee.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom