• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thiago Alcântara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Thiago would be a nailed on starter at Liverpool imo. He's world class. Would be levels if he we signed him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
What a silly rumour. Barca with Xavi, Iniesta, Yaya etc -> Bayern with Alonso, Alaba, kimmich etc to Arsenal with Xhaka and Willock in The Europa League?

Silly rumour.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What a silly rumour. Barca with Xavi, Iniesta, Yaya etc -> Bayern with Alonso, Alaba, kimmich etc to Arsenal with Xhaka and Willock in The Europa League?

Silly rumour.
Its not silly if you have money and offer them wages and we easily can afford it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would Bayern take Guendouzi? I’d happily trade them Guendouzi for Thiago Alcântara.

Thiago and Partey can both be done if we get rid of Guendouzi and Torreira, it’s realistic tbh. I’d rather spend 30m on Thiago than Ceballos.

SKom.gif

We need that killer pass into Auba.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Of course it would be an exciting signing. But the guy is 29, it would be silly to sign him.

We arent on the edge of anything spectacular right now, we need to rebuild.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There's nothing silly about signing a world class player who'd make a huge difference. It's not like he's retirement age.
We've spent enough time and money signing players on their last contract here.

Its time to look to the future instead of making short term signings like this while our squad is hurting. I wouldnt say no to it, but if it comes in the way of other key areas or players with a better profile then I'd see it as wasteful.

Not exactly the same position but someone like Grealish would cost a higher transfer fee but almost be 3 times cheaper wages wise. Over the course of a contract that adds up to a lot of money (could be 20m+). I would rather sign an asset than someone who is seeking a last big pay day. I think having too many players like that has effected our dressing room over the last few years. Just my opinion.

morpho

Established Member
Really? This isnt even a roumor? Not even a roumor of a potential roumor... And why do I have all these video ads covering 1/3 of my screen?!

tcahill

We've spent enough time and money signing players on their last contract here.

Its time to look to the future instead of making short term signings like this while our squad is hurting. I wouldnt say no to it, but if it comes in the way of other key areas or players with a better profile then I'd see it as wasteful.

Not exactly the same position but someone like Grealish would cost a higher transfer fee but almost be 3 times cheaper wages wise. Over the course of a contract that adds up to a lot of money (could be 20m+). I would rather sign an asset than someone who is seeking a last big pay day. I think having too many players like that has effected our dressing room over the last few years. Just my opinion.

My thoughts exactly. Thiago is an insane player, but I don't think he helps us move forward in our cultural shift. Plus his injury concerns, which might get worse as he ages. Grealish is a good example, might not be the player Thiago is currently, but his determination and drive are a great fit for Arteta's project.

That being said, getting Thiago cheap would be good business and would take us up a level.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just asking, why would he want to come here? He’s used to playing CL and has pretty much only played for teams that had a very high probability of winning their leagues.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
25m and 200k a week. So many options. Even Raul can't pull this one off.

Will end up at Liverpool.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6

Silly rumour.

unless he and his wife really really fancies a move to London, and Chelsea aren’t interested. But yeah seems highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom