<

Thomas Partey

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Troopz, Oct 16, 2018.

?

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

1. Yes

43.0%
  2. No

57.0%
  1. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Ceballos.

2. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner Vicente Fan

Only him ? What if we sell Guendouzi and Torreira ?

3. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

I wanted a 3 midfield of

Ceballos - Partey - Buendía

With Xhaka, ESR, Willock and AMN as subs. But I think my dream is over

4. Mitch

I don't want to sell Torreira. I would be quite happy to go with Ceballos, Xhaka, Willian starting backed by Torreira, Willock, Smith Rowe and AMN as cover cover.

If we were to sign another player I would of liked Hjoberg, who is levels above Sp**s current cm dross. I've also always been very impressed by Hitzlsperger and Brozovic when I've seen them play.

5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Mitch that midfield is worthy of 10th place

6. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner Vicente Fan

Hitzlsperger ? Isn't he a technical director now ? looool he retired 5 years ago

NieThePiet, Gunner boy dd and yorch44 like this.
  7. Mitch

Sorry i meant Sabitzer

8. Mitch

People on here thought Le Celso and NDombele were going to make Sp**s title challengers.

Beksl likes this.
  9. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner Vicente Fan

Lo Celso is underrated but Ndombele has been a disaster. Been Tottenhams Bakayoko

10. Mitch

Or Thiago who is supposed bto be available for cheap.

11. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner Vicente Fan

Now that would be a top notch signing

yorch44 likes this.
  12. Mitch

Le Celso is a poorer quality version of Ceballos.

13. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Reports say Partey wants 200k a week to sign for us. I rate him highly but how many defensive minded midfielders are on that kind of money in the world?

150k max or let's look elsewhere.

14. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

He isnt an outright defensive mid. Apart from Ndidi who would cost a small fortune there arent any other players on his level. Like Dan said its his last big contract. 200k a week is probably inc bonuses.

These are the prices you have to pay when you're a EL club looking to sign a CL level player.

15. 14Henry

I'd be happy enough if its 150k a week and the other 50k can be made up in terms of bonuses like top 4, goals, assists, MOTM performances etc.

He might not be a typically sit in front of the defense Gilberto but he is more defensive minded than attacking. Barely scores and barely assists and for us will rarely be anywhere near the oppositions box.

Kane, Rashford and Salah are all on around 200k a week. They are goalscoring game changers. Hes probably on a third of that at Atletico.

Trilly likes this.
  16. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner Vicente Fan

40k a week after tax so a fifth

17. 14Henry

So what about 70-80k before tax a week? Surely doubling his money is more than sufficient if he has a burning desire to play in the PL and play for Arsenal. As Arteta once said. If we have to convince a player to join us it's no good.

5 year contract 150k a week maybe couple bonuses for top 4 threw in and if that isnt enough he can stay where he is.

It's not like we are competing for him it seems its us or he stays at AM.

yorch44 likes this.
  18. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Are u dumb blud? A player of Partey's quality willing to move to a Europa League club gets £200k a week, if that's what he wants.

BigPoppaPump, Artisan and Riou like this.
  19. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

:rofl:

Gooner416 and Trilly like this.
  20. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

No need to get all personal, mate.

I don't know about 200k a week. The mess we're in not able to get rid of our deadwood is because of our poor wage structure (Elneny on 50k, Mustafi on 100k etc.). Ideally, you have 2-3 players at around 200k max and those are your core players.

Now, I highly rate Partey so I'm inclined to still say sign him up, but realistically we probably shouldn't do it for that money. There are probably smarter signings out there that would cost less money in total outlay.

I've mentioned Donny van de Beek before who would probably cost €40m in transfer fee and 100k in wages. Amortized that's €7.5m less a year for a 5 year contract.

There must be other all-round midfielders who'd be even cheaper, allowing us to spend more elsewhere.

FinnGooner likes this.